Mrs Meldrum #13 Unlucky For Lee, Public Figure No More, He's Been Binned With The Tree.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The kitchen in te old house was nice though wasn’t it? After the relatively cheap makeover it was young, on trend, light, spacious and very young family friendly. The new kitchen is so dark and grim looking.
I think the small window at one end and long narrow feel will be difficult to remedy even with new floor/painted wood. I do agree that taking down the wall between the kitchen/snug would open up the whole space, and really help with light and flow (also have hate for curved arch openings - get rid) but that is significant structural work. Lots of dolla !!

Reactions: 6
They need to leave the floor until they’ve painted the cupboards and re-tiled the walls. With everything brighter and updated the floor won’t look so bad. Everything being dark at the moment is the problem. It won’t help the layout problems however.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think yoga will be good for her posture.
I'd already signed up for the 30 day challenge as I follow that channel. Imagine her recommending anything that didn't get her an income! As for sharing progress with her? Nah.

Reactions: 2
Can someone give me a quick catch up please? Has Lee gone?!?
What’s this book thing?
Also a bit late but Happy New Year!
May it be honest and non-gifted unlike some! ??
Lee is “taking a break” from featuring on the “Mrs M” social media to focus on his “other stuff” away from the camera... whatever the duck that means. Hopefully he’s got a real job but they haven’t said.

She’s got a book coming out - a kids activity book.?
It was leaked on Tattle that it was happening and then she hastily put up an announcement about it on her Instagram.

And this is all before the 2nd day of “no spend January”. I’m sorrry but if I was on a spending ban, the last thing I would be doing is looking at things I want/plan to do in my home.

Follow the no spend through. Show your followers you can do that. I would find that extremely overwhelming reading all that she wants to do as a follower. She’s mentioned the lack of money straight after Christmas which lots of us feel but then in the next breath she’s retiling and painting. It just doesn’t add up.

I can’t see her waiting until Feb to start this work. Once she wants something done, she’s wants it there and then and that’s by her own personal admission. If it ends up being so so fortunate kindly gifted AD during January then I really think that will be the final straw and if I was a fan I would hold nothing but contempt for her.
She's so obvious and it's sickening. I know it's her job (promotion and influencing) but this is for self promotion. Within hours of the no spend... Not everyone has the opportunity she has got freebies so she's going to rub salt in it and as the rest of us struggle after Christmas she's going to swan around like bloody lady muck! Someone called her verruca salt a few days ago, they are not wrong. She's a spoilt, stampy footed female! Sickening.

Reactions: 10
Interesting only 5.8k Subcribers but farrow and ball want to work with her
Think she used be blogger and seems quite wealthy.

No spend January translates to this;

We will make it public that we won’t spend a penny and therefore it gives us 31 days to plant seeds and get our “team” to put the feelers out to see who wants to #kindlygift or #spon a new kitchen and an American fridge freezer. Welcome the #spon Miele inbuilt appliances a la MOD along with the wickes/howdens kitchen and the tops tiles kitchen floor.

Taking a wall out and putting in a steel is expensive and no doubt no company/tradesmen offer paid partnerships, so wouldn’t be financially viable to do.

February will be the month of the free kitchen... if AO etc are willing to donate to casa wellglum

Reactions: 7
I can't understand why she would undertake such a large mortgage for a house that she clearly dislikes, that doesn't work for their family. Unless she's had no choice (Daddy pays so daddy chooses) or it's purely for status (which is irresponsible).

Kate Murnane bought a house and immediately refurbished it so it worked for their family, they clearly had it well planned out and could do it. It's all very well buying a house as a renovation project but Reb doesn't come across as having forward planned for that.

My guess is she was so ashamed of being in a shared ownership property (god knows why when it allowed them to live in a beautiful house in a lovely area, which was perfect for the family) so she stamped her feet. They were refused a mortgage so Daddy stepped in but as it's an investment he chose the house.
Now she's miserable living in a house that she hates the decor of, needs a lot of work and all because shes a snob.

Reactions: 11
They need to leave the floor until they’ve painted the cupboards and re-tiled the walls. With everything brighter and updated the floor won’t look so bad. Everything being dark at the moment is the problem. It won’t help the layout problems however.
Totally agree, floor really isn't the problem. They could make the kitchen look really lovely with a lick of paint and replace worktops instead of floor. The floor would suit a real country style kitchen. In fact I've always felt she would do well to go full on Scottish country style for the whole house. She obviously is drawn to it with the stag heads etc she has around. Throw in some muted tartans, cosy leather Chesterfields and the like, I think it would look great. Some might say old fashioned but I think it's a timeless look and, if she really thought about it, would suit the 'Meldrum Brand'.

I've always thought her USP could have been the whole Scottish country thing. I think that's what attracted overseas viewers and they would lap it up. Plus Lees drone footage of the area. Tbh that's what I really enjoyed. They have missed such a trick by not capitalising on that and promoting the scottish countryside more imo.

I feel Rebecca is a bit of a moth - no real sense of direction and attracted to any light shining. She can't seem to help herself and the result is a miss mash. She also lacks any sense of delayed gratification, everything needs to be be done yesterday and the poorly thought out decisions really show.

I used to really like her, I wish she would have an actual break from all social media and really focus herself. Brand strongly and stick to it. It would do her the world of good.

Reactions: 25
I wonder if she looks back at pictures of the old house and wishes they had never moved. I loved that kitchen. Why on earth she got rid of that sofa and is now wanting another one. Even if she didn't like the print on it she could have put a throw on it. It was a lovely shape and would have been perfect in the playroom. They have rushed headlong into buying that horrible old big house that makes them seem far older than it should. I agree about her hair too. She looked so much better blonde. I don't normally like to comment on people's physical appearance but no doubt about it she looked brighter and younger blonde. They now seem like a boring old married couple rattling around in a boring house instead of the young vibrant family in the other house. I just don't know what they can do to that old house to make it look suitable for a young family. It is so dingy and woody.

I can't understand why she would undertake such a large mortgage for a house that she clearly dislikes, that doesn't work for their family. Unless she's had no choice (Daddy pays so daddy chooses) or it's purely for status (which is irresponsible).

Kate Murnane bought a house and immediately refurbished it so it worked for their family, they clearly had it well planned out and could do it. It's all very well buying a house as a renovation project but Reb doesn't come across as having forward planned for that.

My guess is she was so ashamed of being in a shared ownership property (god knows why when it allowed them to live in a beautiful house in a lovely area, which was perfect for the family) so she stamped her feet. They were refused a mortgage so Daddy stepped in but as it's an investment he chose the house.
Now she's miserable living in a house that she hates the decor of, needs a lot of work and all because shes a snob.
Obs not sure if family have helped but think very likely.. definitely a status where they've bought. (I'm local) and it will be very close to parents... This new house just doesn't seem to be 'them' and despite such a faff in purchasing, being the 'dream' blah blah, they seem to have little foresight into how they want to change it which is the biggest surprise to me. Considering the beautiful homes in Banchory for sale at the same time, this choice was an extremely odd one for a young family with no immediate spare cash, even more so given its history and the new owners being 'public figures' ?.
Their lifestyle is funded by a business that daily is appearing more rocky in its foundations and and looking more and more for appearances sake.
Personally I'd have stayed in the previous home, which was beautiful and perfectly good for the family as they grew. I'd have worked hard, stashed cash and then gone hell for leather in the future for dream home, maybe even stayed and bought a holiday or rental investment... It's very possible with the successful vloggers. Property is widely available in our area at the moment due to the local ecenomic situation yet this was their choice... Postcode Princess wanted to say they live on the Inchmarlo Estate. ? Fur coat, no drawers but this area is full of this type given the high incomes from oil related employment. Mum Mafia in their 4x4s. Lol
In my mind, they've jumped too quickly to a home that needs work and major restyling that neither of them have appeared happy in since day one, it takes a bit to furnish/decorate/heat and must be horrendous to keep tidy given her own admission in tidiness!! She actually seems lost in it, playing house, it doesn't feel at all at home considering how well we'd got to know their routine. (and used to love them ?). She's looking for advice on every change, every cupboard, live in its ffs and see what works for you!
She's increasingly appearing to be losing it, unreliable in sticking with things, misleading the 'consumer' thinking she's right all the time, appearing to be lacking interest and effort in her channel and to me seems more immature by the day. As for being aspirational... Bloody hell, no! But she's used to getting what she wants on demand and with Lee 'not working' and now looking as if pushed to the side he'll have little say..he's a bloody good father though.Postcode Princess is shallower by the day.

Reactions: 14
Old house is literally my dream house. Her kitchen was so lovely and the sink etc. The whole house was beautiful. Really don’t like her new house at all, can’t understand it at all. Paying that amount for a house that needs work. Her old image in that house was relatable and she looked happier, yes agree blonde suited her better. She could have improved that old house further. Garden was amazing too. It’s just pure greed and image. Little did she know people would prefer the old house and image! Can’t relate to her in anyway now. Shame as there was such potential before her bratty, stomp my feet behaviour started to really come through

Reactions: 10
Totally agree, floor really isn't the problem. They could make the kitchen look really lovely with a lick of paint and replace worktops instead of floor. The floor would suit a real country style kitchen. In fact I've always felt she would do well to go full on Scottish country style for the whole house. She obviously is drawn to it with the stag heads etc she has around. Throw in some muted tartans, cosy leather Chesterfields and the like, I think it would look great. Some might say old fashioned but I think it's a timeless look and, if she really thought about it, would suit the 'Meldrum Brand'.

I've always thought her USP could have been the whole Scottish country thing. I think that's what attracted overseas viewers and they would lap it up. Plus Lees drone footage of the area. Tbh that's what I really enjoyed. They have missed such a trick by not capitalising on that and promoting the scottish countryside more imo.

I feel Rebecca is a bit of a moth - no real sense of direction and attracted to any light shining. She can't seem to help herself and the result is a miss mash. She also lacks any sense of delayed gratification, everything needs to be be done yesterday and the poorly thought out decisions really show.

I used to really like her, I wish she would have an actual break from all social media and really focus herself. Brand strongly and stick to it. It would do her the world of good.
I completely agree with this, and like that style myself. We (meldrum and I lol) live in a beautiful area of Scotland. She's missing a huge trick in it. As you say, Lee's footage and editing was amazing and gave them the USP but then channelmum loves grey homes and identikit mums. Even her book 'mummy n me!' Ffs... Talk about bloody twee, Lee is an example of a modern family as a stay at home dad but of course, it's channelbum (oops mean mum) backed and Rebeccakern to sg8ce him out. It will flop, sorry to say but listening to her on her vlog yesterday, she hadn't a bloody glue, the book must be ghost written big time. Again, she's PLAYING at it. Not a bloody clue!

Old house is literally my dream house. Her kitchen was so lovely and the sink etc. The whole house was beautiful. Really don’t like her new house at all, can’t understand it at all. Paying that amount for a house that needs work. Her old image in that house was relatable and she looked happier, yes agree blonde suited her better. She could have improved that old house further. Garden was amazing too. It’s just pure greed and image. Little did she know people would prefer the old house and image! Can’t relate to her in anyway now. Shame as there was such potential before her bratty, stomp my feet behaviour started to really come through
You sound like a long time fan like me, who now is pretty pissed off at her disregard for bloody faithful fans. ?

Reactions: 7
I can believe that he seems nice. I bet she was up herself??
He was quite happy to chat. She kept herself to herself. Wasn’t keen on her kids playing with ours. Her kids were exceptionally well behaved though I will say. I only found out she was a vlogger half way through as people were talking about her posts about the resort.

Reactions: 2
Lee is “taking a break” from featuring on the “Mrs M” social media to focus on his “other stuff” away from the camera... whatever the duck that means. Hopefully he’s got a real job but they haven’t said.

She’s got a book coming out - a kids activity book.?
It was leaked on Tattle that it was happening and then she hastily put up an announcement about it on her Instagram.
Thanks.
Partly feel sorry for Lee, and think he’d be better off working again, but who knows. Feel sorry for his side of the family.

Oh wow a kids activity book, hold me back, I can’t wait till it comes out :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was so looking forward to see their new house once they said they were moving in, I mean let’s face it, it’s alwasy better than the previous ones, especially when all the other yputubers like the saconjollys and Lidia and a few more moved and their houses are beautiful, and what they didn’t like they done it up and some are still making changes, but not the Meldrums! I was disappointed not going to lie, the house looks cold and dated, for the money it was am sure there would be other properties cheaper and we everything already done to their taste or more or less. As it is it doesn’t seem to work, the kitchen, the utility room, and the layout really, and now they don’t have the money to make the necessary changes for their liking. I mean cutting on food because they want to cut costs?! I don’t remember them doing any of that with their old house. That house was beautiful done, light and airy, and it worked for their family dimanics. I don’t know why she wanted to move so badly. They have a big house but can’t afford anything else, what way of living. I think this move wasn’t the right one, they obviously stressed because of money and with no secure income and children to bring up it’s no joke. I bet they at some level they regret buying this house.

Reactions: 4
Anyone else think the whole veggie thing is a away for her to lose some more weight and the pleading poverty is to get free things for the house. If you look at Fleur they are living in an old house they can't afford to renovate however she does it with a lot more class than rebz.

Anyone else think the whole veggie thing is a away for her to lose some more weight and the pleading poverty is to get free things for the house. If you look at Fleur they are living in an old house they can't afford to renovate however she does it with a lot more class than rebz.
Fleur, living in a house she can’t afford? Really? Where did you get that from, if you don’t mind me asking? Fleur and Rebecca aren’t in the same bracket, not even close, unless there’s another Fleur and it’s not the same am thinking ?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.