Mrs Meldrum #13 Unlucky For Lee, Public Figure No More, He's Been Binned With The Tree.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just watched the latest video and have 2 words to say....

Botox and fillers

Reactions: 8
Ha ha ha! She’s posted a story of her on the playroom carpet this morning playing with Poppy! Good banter reb

Reactions: 17
Surely it would make more sense to have all the kids toys in the room off the kitchen & have that as their 'snug' just a bigger version of the one in the old house. Sofa, lots of space, off the kitchen so easy to keep an eye on kids when (lee is) cooking etc.

Then if it were me I would have a smaller table in the kitchen big enough for daily meals for the 5 of them, then the playroom have the large table perfect for adult dinners & all this entertaining they do.

Reactions: 10
Gosh I watched it was seriously dull.

She even said at the end the book might stick even if other resolution dont.
Glad she admits how messy she is then has audacity to moan at the kids about their mess.

I predict an hello fresh veggie box with discount code.

A hydrate mate with af link

Some interesting comment from sheep.

About how house layout doesnt work and she doesnt need a sofa in the play room.

The pics on insta stories make the room appear stupidly large and 300quid rug total waste as dont think the dungeon has a rug yet.

She thinks prints and a sofa make it better but in reality

If she loves the dungeon so much and shes got a family room.
Also shes given up on soft office idea shes using her actual office.

So why the heck does she need a sofa..
She has 3 reception rooms downstairs plus large kitchen.

Ash Reid has just done a kitchen shes bit devoted huge amount space she converted half her garage.
The girls each have their own room and they watch tv in lounge.
Also poppys too young to be left in playroom unsupervised.

Emily doesn't have a playroom she has 1 open plan kitchen diner and kids lounge.
Her main lounge is also shared office.
She makes every room in her house work harder and smarter than rebs.

Katie Ellison really used her large house wisely.
They have small cosy family room in conservatory.
Formal lounge at front.
Dining room between kitchen and family room .
Open plan Dining room and family room.

Flexibility if doors on formal lounge to divide the space off.

Proper office at end of garden as they both have actual jobs and Katie pays to out wren in nursery and has good life /work separation.

Her girls share a room and the 3 kids have shared playroom upstairs but it's also spare bedroom due to sofa bed.

Rebs girls all have loads floor space in their bedroom.

It's quite clear meldrums rushed they not thinking about how to use the space the best and cramming more free furniture and prints in wall won't help with a layout problem.

Instead of what they want think about how they live.

That dining table freebie is far too big for the kitchen.
There's no room walk around they all look squashed.

What makes more sense and 1 of sheep reccomended it.

The current playroom needs to becomes the snug family room like their last house.

The l shaped family room with archway off kitchen needs a dining room kitchen and and playroom sofa opposite end like Kate murnane has done with hers.

The kitchen and could put some small toy box and new play kitchen that her parents kindly brought as mine used to use theirs near kitchen and copy me when cooking as we had dining room off kitchen with arch in the old house.

I think there's breakfast bar and stools in kitchen for all 3 eat breakfast like Emily's done with hers.

Then whwre table was small sofa or arm chair toy kitchen and small toy storage means she can watch poppy play whilst shes cooking or rather lee is.

The whole layouts such a pointless waste of space.

The house doesn't work and all shes focussed on is kitchen and flooring.

Reactions: 3
So Mrs M is letting everyone know what fhdy are doing with the kitchen. Does everyone seriously need to know on the 2nd of January what she’s doing with her kitchen, or is she just trying one last time to get noticed by some kitchen company to take pity on them and give them a freebie. Sorry guys, you buy a £600 k house, sort out the kitchen yourself.

Reactions: 12
As for the gym, that's a laugh.?. Experience talking here, nobody, and I mean nobody can get into a bloody gym until late February. By then, everybody who signed up to go to the gym as a New Year's resolution has decided it's not for them and they've decided to pack it in???. So January is jam packed with enthusiastic people raring to go until they realise it's too much like hard work??.

That will be her excuse... that it's too busy. January is a bloody nightmare in gyms. Stay clear until the enthusiasm has died down???
Also, it's a bit unfortunate that her " friend, the owner!" gave her her membership for free, but she's having to find beginner workouts on Instagram and Pinterest.?
Any gym worth their salt, and particularly owned by "a friend", that is also, presumably, a trainer, would surely provide a, self confessed, beginner and new member with guidance and a suitable programme to follow! I sense "injuries" coming on
I mean it's not as it they're after her cash ?
Also Yoga Guru Reb...............that couldn't raise her leg in the latest video ?

So Mrs M is letting everyone know what fhdy are doing with the kitchen. Does everyone seriously need to know on the 2nd of January what she’s doing with her kitchen, or is she just trying one last time to get noticed by some kitchen company to take pity on them and give them a freebie. Sorry guys, you buy a £600 k house, sort out the kitchen yourself.
Well they sure as heck won't be funding it themselves in " No spend January" ?

Reactions: 10
Is she taking away breakfast bar?

Is the floor not proper tiles expensive and hard work to remove?

Is table staying

Wonder what share cupboards be.

Poor lee and lees mum.
Could look awful if done in rush and badly.

Reactions: 4
I should imagine replacing the floor will be hard work and expensive. Jack hammering the tiles up and possibly having to re concrete the floor to even it out again before laying new tiles on top.

I live in a house with a tiled floor and the main reason for not changing it all to wood has been cost as know that it’s not just a case of lifting them and putting new ones down.

Reactions: 6
The new YouTube preview thing is good, as far as I understand you can watch a whole video with subtitles without clicking which I’m hoping means no view counted?! ?

Anyway, I mostly watched the latest one this way and what stood out to me is, ‘How can anyone listen to what she says about goals?’ She is the most inconsistent and flaky mummy blogger surely. It’s just a load of nonsense. Plus she always says that she won’t give herself a hard time or put pressure on herself if she can’t do it! It’s not a goal then! That’s the problem, she’s too easy on herself and never follows through. She really doesn’t know what a real job would be like.

Which brings me to the next annoyance. Her job is full time and real??!!!! Full time jobs don’t allow you to take a walk every day, go for a coffee, have a friend over, potter around the house and mooch around the shops. What a joke!!!!!!

Also, the video was just there to placate the whole new year content trend as well as an excuse to plug the book. Terrible Segway too as it’s not a goal, it’s something that’s already happening! And don’t get me started on how exciting it really isn’t publishing a blank book. ?

Reactions: 7
I should imagine replacing the floor will be hard work and expensive. Jack hammering the tiles up and possibly having to re concrete the floor to even it out again before laying new tiles on top.

I live in a house with a tiled floor and the main reason for not changing it all to wood has been cost as know that it’s not just a case of lifting them and putting new ones down.
They will probably tile over the old tiles. They did this on my bathroom floor.
I was actually quite impressed that shes doing it on a budget.. I thought she would be like a saccone Joly and spend thousands and thousands renovating which is quite unrealistic for most people.
I can imagine she will get a #spon kitchen though, thats probably why she is holding off until Feb to even buy paint.

Reactions: 2
At least she's put a bit of effort into fitting in with the new year content, unlike Xmas! ?

If they get their kitchen improved it will really show up the rest of the house. It’s a costly domino effect we all can relate too however most of us don’t try to blag for pull out pan drawers and such!

How long do we think she’s going to keep up the overly exitable/fake positivity posts for?! A week

Depends.
We did it in our house but husband is a tradesman so he knew what he was doing and had all the equipment etc.
Lifting the tiles is relatively simple. They may need to re-level the floor with self levelling compound before they tile again.

Lee’s Mum will no doubt end up doing it all.

Reactions: 5
Homebase have unreal cheap offers on kitchens at the moment Reb. If you are near a store that is closing down you will get an ever cheaper one. Surely you could pay your parents back for it with the proceeds from book sales?

Summary in the last 24 hours.

She needs/wants:
Eyebrow powder
Sofa for the playroom (pink)
Paint for the kitchen
New tiles
Floor for the kitchen

Why can't they just be like everyone else and just say we want to change the kitchen so for the next couple of years we are going to be saving like mad to pay for it, why does everything have to be done immediately she really needs to learn to wait for things.

Reactions: 9
Can someone give me a quick catch up please? Has Lee gone?!?
What’s this book thing?
Also a bit late but Happy New Year!
May it be honest and non-gifted unlike some! ??

Reactions: 1
It took scrolling back years and made me feel sad when she used to be likable and relatable

Old kitchen was cream with laminate and bog standard sink.

They did makeover with howdons i wondered if that was sneaky ad.
They changed the cupboard doors to grey wood
Added solid wood worktop
Belfast sink which she never stopped raving about
Obligitary white metro tiles and peony and candles.
Painted the dark woodwork
Think laid light wood laminate
Painted.

I think lees freind did the work
Maybe mates rates

I think updating kitchen probably cost few k as did garage conversion.

They could easily spent 10k on updating old house and not add same value
Equity in house they only half owned with council.

You would have thourght they would have left it if they wanted to move.

Old house had so much space

Utility room essential with 3kids says lee.
They had snug
Lounge
Bedrooms
Big garden
2bathrooms

They used their old kitchen for arty shots all time she loved it as did her followers.
Even I liked it.

Clearly buying such a big expensive house made them broke .

Even this update end up costing more than she thinks and be overtly time consuming
Least the American fridge was gifted

Will she paint cupboards grey
Keep dark stone worktop
White metro tiles
Light paint
I reckon floor going to be expensive and time consuming its really not that bad.

I would have thourght breakfast bar island be handy as works for Emily.

They cant afford structural work
They cant afford replace cupboard doors
Or add Belfast sink.

Doubtful they have as many holidays this year unless kindly gifted.

I have kitchen I need to cheaply update as moved house 2days ago and can't afford to replace and mine is dire compared to hers.

She has zero patiance
Might make less dull content then her book
Her fitness diet and no spend jan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnVrGfdAjDE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:
Summary in the last 24 hours.

She needs/wants:
Eyebrow powder
Sofa for the playroom (pink)
Paint for the kitchen
New tiles
Floor for the kitchen
And this is all before the 2nd day of “no spend January”. I’m sorrry but if I was on a spending ban, the last thing I would be doing is looking at things I want/plan to do in my home.

Follow the no spend through. Show your followers you can do that. I would find that extremely overwhelming reading all that she wants to do as a follower. She’s mentioned the lack of money straight after Christmas which lots of us feel but then in the next breath she’s retiling and painting. It just doesn’t add up.

I can’t see her waiting until Feb to start this work. Once she wants something done, she’s wants it there and then and that’s by her own personal admission. If it ends up being so so fortunate kindly gifted AD during January then I really think that will be the final straw and if I was a fan I would hold nothing but contempt for her.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.