Mrs Meldrum #10 Mismatched Gifted Lounge And Still Looking For More To Scrounge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe she’s sat downstairs snuggling F watching films whilst lees mum is upstairs painting Poppy’s room [emoji15] has R done anything in that house since moving in?!
I was just about to say the exact same thing. My mum, or my husbands mum, would be telling me to jog right on!

Reactions: 6
Cue the insta stories in sweaty gym wear!

This morning is funny on her stories she has her hair straight... it was only mentioned here 2 days ago she won’t be straightening her hair after the kitchen scissors incident as it will be a mess, lo and behold she pops up saying how she NEVER wears her hair straight anymore but decided to today and LOVES it. It looks tit btw
I think it looks better straight than the mess it usually is. Those specs though ?

Reactions: 5
I know most people on here see this as a bit of harmless fun but you really have no idea the mental and emotional impact you may be having on another human being. Public chat rooms and trash threads like this have pushed people to take their lives. Please try and be a little kinder
Making others feel less than because they can't keep up with them Meldrums falsified life is as dangerous.

Social media is toxic as it portrays an image of a perfect and unachievabke life.

I think the Meldrums are strong enough to put themselves out there, they obviously don't think of others when boasting as they do.

Reactions: 11
I know most people on here see this as a bit of harmless fun but you really have no idea the mental and emotional impact you may be having on another human being. Public chat rooms and trash threads like this have pushed people to take their lives. Please try and be a little kinder.
Sorry but that’s bullshit. How many more people take their lives because of ‘instamums’ portraying an unrealistic, unattainable life? Lots more, I bet.

Reactions: 14
Making others feel less than because they can't keep up with them Meldrums falsified life is as dangerous.

Social media is toxic as it portrays an image of a perfect and unachievabke life.

I think the Meldrums are strong enough to put themselves out there, they obviously don't think of others when boasting as they do.
If you find her so offensive why not just block her on social media? You don't have to watch it?

Latest insta stories

The doing school run and dreading the thourght of food shopping for a change.

Welcome to couple hours of the real world
Well done doing both school runs today.

Oh Lordy. Like someone before me said, if I had my MIL do the decorating for me whilst I didn’t pitch in, she’d tell me to jog on. I wouldn’t ask her in the first place unless I was incapacitated and the room needed to be complete to move the baby in after spending months in the same room, as an example. Plus, just do it yourself. Plenty of people who work are able to do some DIY with 0/1/2/3+ kids. They are reluctant to do it themselves as it takes time out of their walks, snuggling on sofas and pottering. If they showed their house reno I’m sure people would be interested, particularly if they do it themselves.

I've never seen a news report about an inquest where insta mums were cited as a cause

Who are you then?!
You’ve joined Tattle 20 mins ago and made a bee line for the latest Meldrum thread.....?

Reactions: 19
I've never seen a news report about an inquest where insta mums were cited as a cause
No because most inquests see the cause as suicide due to life pressures and depression or open verdict. Working in mental health I've seen many many suicidal mothers because they feel they aren't good enough. One of the main reasons is social media and the influencers bragging of ideal, perfect families that truly only exist on Instagram and heavily sponsored vlogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 27
Have you not? Maybe read some psychological autopsies. Although it’s actually our men who are more at risk of suicide as they try to fund that perfect life.

Reactions: 12
This article is not about anyone taking their life but does highlight the damage to mental health by people aspiring to perfect lives which are never real in the first place. Anyone who defines themselves as an influencer needs to be squeaky clean about how they portray their lives because some people will believe it is real and wonder why they can't achieve the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...endly-so-why-is-it-making-people-so-miserable

Reactions: 7
Telling people to “be kind” is just a way of shutting down critical voices by using emotional blackmail.
Less emphasis on being kind and more speaking up about this will improve mental health.
And being “kind” all the time is fake if what you feel is something else.
All this being kind makes me want to shout “just grow up!”

Reactions: 14
I’ve seen many influencers themselves say recently they’re getting fed up of the unattainable and unrealistic life that is shown on Instagram & that it is not real life - but many young impressionable people think it is. Just like I don’t think Pat shouts “Go Florrieeeeeee” when the cameras are off.
I honestly think he plays up to the camera to come across as the perfect Dad. In reality I think he’s really struggling. We only see the happy and hyper Lee. In addition, Rebecca has treated people on here like tit and she didn’t think twice about their mental health did she! She’s very happy cutting people out without a thought for how that made them feel!

Reactions: 20
How have you missed the myriad of reports saying how damaging social media is towards mental health?
Because it's not sponsored by Channel Mum or benefits them.

Reactions: 8
Telling people to “be kind” is just a way of shutting down critical voices by using emotional blackmail.
Agreed. It's the same bullshit as women should support women as a way of shutting down criticism.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.