Mrs Meldrum #10 Mismatched Gifted Lounge And Still Looking For More To Scrounge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh and I noticed this morning that Lee had removed his stories where he referenced Kelly’s rant, not sure when he took it down

Reactions: 3
Those 3 little girls are growing up with the most ridiculous example of life. No one goes out to work in their house, they are constantly being filmed, their mother has this unrealistic fake smiley persona act sometimes, grumpy mare the majority of the time. Gifted crap constantly. I remember one of the earliest vlogs when Reb took S to somewhere (river island?) for children’s clothes when pregnant with f and S asks ‘are we going to pay with money?’ Or something like that. Poor kid.

Reactions: 13
As these floggers claim this is their job and they are the ‘company’ they SHOULD care what their audience/customers are saying or think about them! Do they honestly think any brand would work with them or kindly gift ?stuff without any of us watching? No! And they know it!! Swearing, blocking, not taking criticism, not interacting is a big mistake, there are literally ( Mrs Ms fave word) 100s of other would be vloggers snapping at their heels! become to greedy/ rude/unrelatable at your peril!!

Reactions: 11
Lucy Jessica Carter banging on about transparency this morn, affiliate links etc. No doubt it’s because of the tit storm Mrs M created yesterday. I bet they all dislike her lol

Reactions: 12
Just looking at the care package competition this morning...she has over 81,400 followers on instagram and 4540 have commented to be in with a chance to win it...that's less than 6% of her total followers...no wonder she is putting no effort into it.
After reading here, I'm sure that will change though...hi Rebecca!

Reactions: 10
to be honest not sure why Mrs M asked for the blue tick I can understand celebs cos others set up accounts claiming to be them but who wants to set up an account pretending to be Reb the blue tick just shows what a twit she is and how she aspires to be something she is not.
The blue tick allows people to join the Amazon influencer program. I saw an ad for it the other day a took a screen shot but it’s too large to upload apparently

Reactions: 6
Lucy Jessica Carter banging on about transparency this morn, affiliate links etc. No doubt it’s because of the tit storm Mrs M created yesterday. I bet they all dislike her lol
Saw that this morning. It does seem odd timing!

Reactions: 2
LJC’s Q&A on adverts and affiliate links was fine, but she didn’t cover anything about transparency surrounding gifted items.
The grey area around declaring gifted items seems to be where a lot of them are falling foul.
As we have said before, all they need to do is clearly label gifted items as such. If you didn’t pay your own money for it, then it’s a gift. Label it as such. Every time you show it!
Lee Meldrum is the worst offender for this. He frequently shows a lot of gifted stuff on Instagram and never labels any of it.

Absolutely love The Unmumsy Mum, she’s brilliant. Always clear with ads when she rarely does them and is very relatable and her posts cheer me up no end.
Absolutely, it’s not rose tinted spec view of motherhood, it’s poonamis and tongue ties and wrestling ?, love her and her family, not pushy and you know she actually uses the stuff she is advertising

Reactions: 1
She has a cheek, she's as bad if not worse with hidden ads/not declaring gifts/affiliated links. I've reported her to ASA and CMA a couple of weeks ago so I wondered if this whole transparency q&a was off the back of contact they've had with her.

Isn't it funny how the followers always seem to send in the same kind of questions which just so happen to all be in relation to points influencers want to get across! They must think we were all born yesterday

Reactions: 11
Wow it’s taken me the best part of a day to catch up with posts!

I don’t see the issue with the journal being included in the giveaway if it’s been sent to her for this purpose?

Kelly’s ranty stories were a waste of time. Sounds like people were only asking if she was aware the journal was included in the giveaway? She should have just said yes I send the journal for Mrs M to include in her giveaway... The end. No need to use foul language.

Mrs M promoting jewellery around the £300 mark is ridiculous. Lots of people are saying they want vloggers to be relatable. Those earrings cost more than what I have spent on my children at Christmas and we are a working family on a pretty good income!

The number of ads and affiliate links is getting ridiculous but this is not just Mrs M. Lots of vloggers and “instamums” (hate that phrase) are glorified sales people now. I have had to unfollow loads over past few weeks as I like to follow people who are down to earth and genuine. Lots of vloggers are being given stuff to promote then are making vlogs around the product, making it feel less natural and rather cringeworthy. You know they are making that vlog for the ££££££ rather than the followers.

Still can’t get over how they are both stay at home parents yet rope their family in for painting, gardening etc. It’s my day off today - my eldest is at school and my little one is napping right now so I have probably an hour to get on with some painting/housework etc - this is real life! Not sitting downstairs watching tv or going to a garden centre whilst your mother in law is upstairs painting!!

Emily Norris advertising the same earrings now! ? are they even aware of the type of people that follow them?

Reactions: 9
I’ve just noticed that as well! £299.99 for a pair of earrings. I couldn’t justify that at all xxx

Reactions: 3
Wow it’s taken me the best part of a day to catch up with posts!

I don’t see the issue with the journal being included in the giveaway if it’s been sent to her for this purpose?

Kelly’s ranty stories were a waste of time. Sounds like people were only asking if she was aware the journal was included in the giveaway? She should have just said yes I send the journal for Mrs M to include in her giveaway... The end. No need to use foul language.

Mrs M promoting jewellery around the £300 mark is ridiculous. Lots of people are saying they want vloggers to be relatable. Those earrings cost more than what I have spent on my children at Christmas and we are a working family on a pretty good income!

The number of ads and affiliate links is getting ridiculous but this is not just Mrs M. Lots of vloggers and “instamums” (hate that phrase) are glorified sales people now. I have had to unfollow loads over past few weeks as I like to follow people who are down to earth and genuine. Lots of vloggers are being given stuff to promote then are making vlogs around the product, making it feel less natural and rather cringeworthy. You know they are making that vlog for the ££££££ rather than the followers.

Still can’t get over how they are both stay at home parents yet rope their family in for painting, gardening etc. It’s my day off today - my eldest is at school and my little one is napping right now so I have probably an hour to get on with some painting/housework etc - this is real life! Not sitting downstairs watching tv or going to a garden centre whilst your mother in law is upstairs painting!!
It’s not about including that journal in the giveaway or not, it’s about Mrs Meldrum being sneaky again and not mentioning that it was gifted. She didn’t purchase it herself, Kelly basically sent it to advertise herself and the £30 journals she makes. Let’s not be foolish and think Kelly sent it to her out of the goodness of her heart. That woman bases her entire business around fundraising and yet she only donates £1 for a £30 plus shipping book. Not buying it.

Btw, Rebecca did go back to edit her post and has now added that it’s been #kindlygifted to her. Should have mentioned everything was gifted, not sure she even bought anything herself for the giveaway.

She bought the socks ???

Emily Norris advertising same earrings too.

It’s putting me off more than influencing me tbh ?

Reactions: 8
It’s not about including that journal in the giveaway or not, it’s about Mrs Meldrum being sneaky again and not mentioning that it was gifted. She didn’t purchase it herself, Kelly basically sent it to advertise herself and the £30 journals she makes. Let’s not be foolish and think Kelly sent it to her out of the goodness of her heart. That woman bases her entire business around fundraising and yet she only donates £1 for a £30 plus shipping book. Not buying it.

Btw, Rebecca did go back to edit her post and has now added that it’s been #kindlygifted to her. Should have mentioned everything was gifted, not sure she even bought anything herself for the giveaway.
I don’t doubt the journal was sent for marketing purposes for Kelly’s business. And the way Kelly reacted to questions from people questioning transparency was inappropriate and could have been answered politely. I agree Mrs M should be transparent in what she has paid for, what has been gifted etc, I’ve been saying this since the first thread on the Meldrums. I’m sure most of the items in the giveaway have been gifted...

Reactions: 7
Yes. Very strange. Nothing from them online today. And they don’t read here?.......
Hmmm.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.