Mrs Hinch #661 Would you Adam and Eve it, the apples are as fake as Hinch the snake picking them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just want to say I use the word babyfying, it’s one I use when my husband is behaving stupidly towards our dogs, allowing them on the settee or talking in a stupid voice, so for me it’s definitely a word that suits Hinch’s behaviour!
Some mums want to keep their kids as babies as they just regard then an extension of themselves, not individuals who will have their own wants and views. They have a strong need to control and by viewing them and keeping them as babies/toddlers they get to have that control over them, doing stuff the child could do for themselves and stunting the maturing of the child.

Reactions: 13
I’m sorry am I missing something here? Even if the high chairs “grow with the child”, I still don’t understand the point. Just sit the child at the table like normal? I’m so confused!
Maybe it's the only way she can get them close to the Frankie & Benny's table?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My friend had one of those Tripp Trapp chair things for her daughter and she did say that it was really good however you are supposed to adapt it as your child grows not just leave them sitting in a highchair until they are 12!

Reactions: 10
Trip trapps are great, we have one and tbe people slagging them maybe need to read a bit more about the ethos behind them. However, Lenny does not need that padded seat and baby insert. He can quite easily climb up and down himself.

Reactions: 15
I don't know about all you nusty trolls, but this pathetic summer weather isn't doing it for me, I'm missing nonob's flipflops and wife beater... #allthevest

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She has two tripp trapp highchairs for the toddler twins. These chairs are circa £400 each and last until around 12 years of age. They are ergonomic and grow with said child. You lower/higher the seat/footrest as they grow.
I don’t have kids but I don’t understand why you’d need a chair that grows with your kid for that long! Not even a dig at Hinch, I’m genuinely confused!

Catching up with the thread and sorry to plagiarise all the other people who are as bemused as me! I just don’t understand why you’d need a high chair that can turn into a seat because by that point they can just sit on the seats you already have surely. We’ve had booster seats for kids in the past but then they’re still part of your dining table and chairs set rather than having a separate chair to find room for.

Anyway, Hinch is a twit, pass it on

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I was asking about brand partner vs brand ambassador Because she seems to fluctuate between the two with P&G. I wondered whether her contract with them isn’t as stable as she might proclaim.

Reactions: 16
Be that as it may, I can't imagine any 7+ year old willingly sitting on anything other than a normal dining chair to eat.
I'll give Ron a pass on it, because he's still small.

Personally, I prefer my kids to learn to sit on a regular dining chair as soon as they're tall enough for it to be practical.
I just can’t imagine when they are say 8 & 10 and they have friends around after school for dinner and they sit in those seats whatever setting they are on they look like a high chair and the friends sit in the booth …kids can be cruel!!!! see really isnt doing them any favours 😡
---
I’m just imaging when my daughter was 12, having her Year 7/8 friends over for dinner and me saying come on darling, into your highchair! She would have put herself up for adoption 😂😂
Sorry I said something similar that will teach me to read back 😀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I just can’t imagine when they are say 8 & 10 and they have friends around after school for dinner and they sit in those seats whatever setting they are on they look like a high chair and the friends sit in the booth …kids can be cruel!!!! see really isnt doing them any favours 😡
You think Soph will actually let them have friends around??!!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
SYLO is up for a National television award.
Cue the "I was asked to go but just couldnt coz of tummy shivers guysccch. Never leaves the house and all...."

ETA the screenshot and look who ISN'T tagged by Dollie 🤣👌🏻
Imagine if she shocks us all and DOES go 😳
Imagine if SYLO actually WINS
Would hinch go up on stage too ?!?!?!
Thread would go into meltdown 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Re tripptrappgate I don't think anyone is 'slagging them off' I just think that a lot on here don't understand the point of them, use a highchair until an appropriate size to sit at the table on a booster seat, in my experience this makes the kids feel more like part of the family at meal times

Reactions: 19
In my house we all eat dinner at the toddler table because I have a wild 3 year old who launches himself off the chairs (often accidentally) if we sit at the dinner table.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was asking about brand partner vs brand ambassador Because she seems to fluctuate between the two with P&G. I wondered whether her contract with them isn’t as stable as she might proclaim.
I think that’s exactly it. Partner for the tit Spray Sniff stuff and therefore bound by a stricter contract. Alongside ambassador for other P&G stuff hence fewer plugs for them, or the bare minimum to stick to contract.

Reactions: 11
We use the Tripp trapp chair until they are about 3/4 and big enough to sit properly on a chair and reach the table. But Lennie does not need the baby seat part! My 17 month old doesn't even have it as he just climbs up and down himself.

(obviously that means he generally does it in the middle of dinner and runs off but 🤷‍♀️meh, that's just small kids for you!)

The most frustrating part of that 'clean' was that my kitchen looks like it has been destroyed after breakfast and I don't get child-free time to clear it all up again. It's survival of the fittest, especially in the holidays!!

Reactions: 17
I'm probably very Garraway to the party but has it been noted how Hinch refers to Henry as a puppy, specifically noted after his last grooming session

"Back to looking like a puppy"

There's definitely a theme of babyfying (definitely a word in my house 👍) and keeping things young. Bit like a narcissist having control over their loved ones and not letting them develop in an age appropriate manner....one might suggest 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.