Mrs Hinch #574 We might be Nusty Trolls and Arsenal holes but at least us fat hens don't have to sell our souls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The egg! Amazing.

Having owned hens for the last probably 12 years now, they don’t tend to lay in the middle, tend to be nearer the edges. They’re also very often not completely clean, that’s a very clean egg.

Also, after all the stress of being handled, transported then in new surroundings to then have an egg in less than 24hrs is bloody good going..

Can we add Hinch egg cups to the bingo card?
Never seen a fresh egg as clean as this😬

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Come on hinch you could of stuck a feather to the tesco egg to make it a little bit more believable

• Haha
Reactions: 30
PERFECT. YES IT IS.
Eta - also Mamfa and I reckon the skinny woman is with them too.
Can recognise that 80’s helmet hair anywhere.

I know we say it all the time, but it’s so strange that her Mum has to go literally EVERYWHERE with them

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Any chicken experts, isn't that egg a little too clean?

duck off Sophie 😂😂
oh ma gawd, we goh a egg all the way from teshhhhcooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Getting really bored of the whole she can't call herself an animal lover and rescue chickens, but eat chicken for her dinner. She can. You can. She might be a bleep, but just because she's rescued chickens doesn't mean she can't shuv a sharebox of nugs down her throat.
You can be an animal lover, and still eat meat and animal products.

I'd love to have a chicken coop one day, but I'll still eat chicken. Doesn't mean I'd shot my pet chickens in the oven whenever I got peckish.

Feel the eye roll please.

Absolutely agree with you 👍

Except I will add a caveat...

Keep chickens, eat a chicken. Keep dairy cows and drink milk. Absolutely fine!

But DO NOT keep ex battery chickens and rescue them and support the charities that do so much to help rescue them, and then eat products that continue to use the eggs from the very same battery chickens! Otherwise you are just adding to the problem that you are helping to solve

This takes a lot of doing, as it isnt just going to Tescos and buying free range eggs instead of battery eggs. Most shop bought cakes will use battery eggs, ready made quiches will have used battery eggs as they are cheaper and so makes them more profit. Those are just 2 examples, but when you think about what food products you buy that may potentially contain battery eggs, it is quote the eye opener.

So ij order to be really on board with helping rescue chickens, it is avoiding ANYTHING that uses battery eggs.

So how much of a hypocrit will she be rescuing battery chickens but still eating battery eggs???

Eat chicken yes! But continuing to eat battery eggs? That I cant get on board with

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Has she just whacked a load of concealer over the lion stamp on that egg?

There's barely any poo in that house/nest box.

Btw an egg can be that clean, it's not unusual. But it's a bit unusual for any hen to lay the first night in a new house.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So the alpacas only eat carrots. And the hens will only eat sweetcorn.
Amazingly bland diet. What a wonderful owner she is ❤

Does she not know both enjoy a wide variety of veg. Jesus christtttt, just do a bleeping Google if you don't know what you're doing, or better yet rehome them to people who actually know what they're doing.

Reactions: 34

Btw an egg can be that clean, it's not unusual. But it's a bit unusual for any hen to lay the first night in a new house.
These aren’t just any hens though. These are hens rescued by Saint Sophie Doolittle of Maldonia. They know they’re with an international celebrity couple now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35

I’m not a chicken person but I have collected eggs before (many moons ago when visiting farms and such like) is it normal to have a circular spot (where I assume the stamp would be) to be a complete different colour to the rest of the egg?
6D585F49-9F43-4D29-A889-139427956804.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So the alpacas only eat carrots. And the hens will only eat sweetcorn.
Amazingly bland diet. What a wonderful owner she is ❤

Does she not know both enjoy a wide variety of veg. Jesus christtttt, just do a bleeping Google if you don't know what you're doing, or better yet rehome them to people who actually know what they're doing.
She needs to be careful giving the hens scraps. It's actually illegal (I think) unless they are from a vegan kitchen. DEFRA would like to know if she does kitchen scraps, even if she isn't preparing meat at the same time.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Any chicken experts, isn't that egg a little too clean?

duck off Sophie 😂😂
oh ma gawd, we goh a egg all the way from teshhhhcooooooo
To be totally fair to her, rescue hens can lay straight away, some have been known to lay in the cage on the way to new home. It is also very possible for the egg to be that clean. I rarely have a dirty egg but that’s cos my chooks are insta worthy princesses (not). Don’t like to see the hen perched on the edge of the nest box but they are belligerent little fuckers and do what they like. At least the other perch was in there for them. Getting back on point though, she should have just opened the front pop hole door and let them come out when they’re ready (mine are up and out at 4.30am at the moment) and not shoved a camera in their faces and not acted with such surprise at an egg she knew was there….. Blessed be.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I don't have a scoobs about chickens but I did wonder if laying an egg in their first 12 hours of a stressful move is unusual...... I've never given chickens so much thought before 😂😂😂 I'm off work for a week from today and I swear I'll go back to work talking about chickens like an expert

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Pull the other one, that egg can’t be from them surely? Not even a feather stuck on it. I’ve only seen fresh duck eggs that a family member owned but when I looked after them you’d find eggs slightly covered by the bedding from them moving around, maybe poo, definitely the odd little feather stuck on it.
Whatever 🙃

Reactions: 9
She needs to be careful giving the hens scraps. It's actually illegal (I think) unless they are from a vegan kitchen. DEFRA would like to know if she does kitchen scraps, even if she isn't preparing meat at the same time.
Really? Why? That's interesting. I wonder if hinch actually knew that, she will now she's reading here, but I bet she didn't.

Why am I so bothered anyway 😂😂😂 I'm finding the chicken chat fascinating

Eta, so I couldn't cut some cucumber and broccoli up from my fridge and give them it? I find this so interesting

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Really? Why? That's interesting. I wonder if hinch actually knew that, she will now she's reading here, but I bet she didn't.

Why am I so bothered anyway 😂😂😂 I'm finding the chicken chat fascinating
It's something to do with passing on contaminants and disease. She'll be on DEFRAs website now, I'm sure!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.