Mrs Hinch #529 Tattle’s on tit watch, Jamie's on the dole while Soph’s on the sofa selling her soul

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 20mo also now has a blue inhaler for respiratory illnesses, after what I suspect was a bad dose of bronchiolitis... They told me they wouldn't diagnose asthma until the age of 6 🙄 okay so we're all just cool with his lips going grey then? 🙄
My Grandson is 2yrs and has been suffering with ‘brittle’ asthma since he was a few months old, although not actually ‘diagnosed’ until a few weeks ago 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So this bloody bathroom for Ron. Tall sink and mirror so it isn't really for him is it Sopha, it's for you 🥱🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Children will generally not be diagnosed as having asthma until they are over 5 or 6 years old, as a lot of children get viral wheezes which present the same, but grow out of it by 5. Unless very specific criteria are met such as being hospitalised 3 times with breathing difficulties and an oxygen saturation below a certain amount (in the area where I live).
So, I dont think Ron or Lennie will have been diagnosed as asthmatic yet, but may have an inhaler which is very common in young children. X

Reactions: 9
Children will generally not be diagnosed as having asthma until they are over 5 or 6 years old, as a lot of children get viral wheezes which present the same, but grow out of it by 5. Unless very specific criteria are met such as being hospitalised 3 times with breathing difficulties and an oxygen saturation below a certain amount (in the area where I live).
So, I dont think Ron or Lennie will have been diagnosed as asthmatic yet, but may have an inhaler which is very common in young children. X
yes my 3 year old was diagnosed after being hospitalised twice, the second time we got a diagnosis which is monitored with the asthma clinic and asthma nurse. It was a really scary time for us as a family, he was on oxygen and in hospital for 2 days. Definitely fight for any kind of prevention if you suspect asthma.

Reactions: 7
I also wondered if it was viral wheeze instead but my GP have been so bloody unhelpful with him, I've had to push to get him checked over each time. 😔

yes my 3 year old was diagnosed after being hospitalised twice, the second time we got a diagnosis which is monitored with the asthma clinic and asthma nurse. It was a really scary time for us as a family, he was on oxygen and in hospital for 2 days. Definitely fight for any kind of prevention if you suspect asthma.
It is really scary when they're fighting to breathe. My little man does this thing where he grunts with every breath and movement. And sometimes his lips go grey. But the GP surgery just bang out "oh it's probably viral" and expect me to be happy with that. Girding my loins to go into battle over it. We have severe asthma in the family with hospitalisations and so on. 😔

• Heart
Can someone please tell me what the obsession with panelling is, I think it’s grim and having it in every room 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I had this with my now 23yr old. Back then when he was about 18mths and seriously ill with coughing they refused to even give an inhaler because they said it couldn't be asthma as he was under 7.
Every few months he was put on liquid steroids which instantly helped his breathing, but was a huge hazard for his growth.
Saying they can't officially diagnose is right, because to do that they need to do a peak flow reading which small children can't do.

Luckily now they've learned that children, even undiagnosed, are helped with inhalers and give them out anyway. I often wonder how many small kids they lost or almost lost, because my son was close to hospital a few times.

We were left for almost 2yrs of watching him fight for breath and finally they gave him a steroid pump and reliever when they saw for their own eyes what he was living like.

My best advice is to keep a breathing and coughing diary and log the times he's coughing and for how long, and/or when he's breathless. They're more likely to diagnose early based on your information and then be able to prescribe more accurate inhalers
My now 20 year old was actually diagnosed at 12 months, based on history given as you describe, plus a chest x-ray which showed hyper inflated lungs. You just need the right doctor to listen to you. We were lucky.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A nice day full of boring content again!

Asthma is a massive trigger I watched my dad give my brother mouth to mouth when he was around 6 because he died for a few minutes due to a attack luckily my dad bought him back round but he still suffers to this day. So if one them boys do suffer she shouldn't be spraying at that stuff atall 😔 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Are you sure that’s not Henry’s inhaler?? Dogs get asthma especially overweight ones 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I also wondered if it was viral wheeze instead but my GP have been so bloody unhelpful with him, I've had to push to get him checked over each time. 😔

It is really scary when they're fighting to breathe. My little man does this thing where he grunts with every breath and movement. And sometimes his lips go grey. But the GP surgery just bang out "oh it's probably viral" and expect me to be happy with that. Girding my loins to go into battle over it. We have severe asthma in the family with hospitalisations and so on. 😔
My little girl was the same, she was in hospital twice for over a week each time, and her whole body would move with each breath. The GP said she had an ear infection and was fine, took her to A&E and her oxygen Sats were dangerously low (85%, anything below 93% is worrying).
I would recommend ringing 111 or taking a little child to A&E if it happens again, as sometimes GPs miss things, and it's better to be safe than sorry! And I work in a hospital so I'm usually not the person to recommend going direct to a&E, even if it is a viral wheeze they can and do give inhalers out.

• Heart
Showing her nostrils from different angles here so obviously going to be a slight difference in size but come on, she's ridiculous using a filter to advertise make up 😂
As I was trying to slap on some basic quick make up this morning before the school run and baby was fussing I thought of Hunch and her Iconic shite. Again so unrelatable. She always has help and all the time in the world to preen over herself.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.