Mrs Hinch #461 How much is that doggy in the window? The one with the raggedy hair?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey wait, I thought she said Ron was having his 2.5 review the other day?

I remember because others were talking about if it should have been at 27months etc etc
Yea and that is automatic, every child gets one, so she hasn’t arranged that out of concern for Ronnie.

Reactions: 10
Yea that’s the bit I don’t understand. If this test says he had glue ear and it’s cleared up how can they tell that if he’s never been diagnosed with glue ear?! Surely it can’t say you don’t have glue ear now but you did a few months ago?!
The timeline of appointments made sense to me.
I really don’t understand what you’re talking about?

Right she told us he had a hearing test prior to her post on the 13th and said hearing test was “fine”
On the 13th a sheep suggested a hearing test for glue ear, she said he’s going to check for it.
Yesterday’s test his UNDIAGNOSED glue ear has cleared up.
Now she’s claiming the original test she said was fine wasn’t fine and they thought he had glue ear then.
Are you seeing how many times the story has changed? That’s why we’re saying she’s lying!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Yea and that is automatic, every child gets one, so she hasn’t arranged that out of concern for Ronnie.
But I'm sure she said he was having it earlier in the week and now she's saying it's happening this evening.

Also what HV comes round in the evening??

Reactions: 14
But I'm sure she said he was having it earlier in the week and now she's saying it's happening this evening.

She did say Friday to be fair. Never heard of an evening appointment but maybe it’s to do with catching up.

Reactions: 16

Right she told us he had a hearing test prior to her post on the 13th and said hearing test was “fine”
On the 13th a sheep suggested a hearing test for glue ear, she said he’s going to check for it.
Now she’s claiming the original test she said was fine wasn’t fine and they thought he had glue ear then.
Are you seeing how many times the story has changed? That’s why we’re saying she’s lying!
This!!! She said his hearing was fine and now all of a sudden he had glue ear???? IS SHE JOKING. Bet she’s just decided he had glue ear!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

No she mentioned earlier this week that Thursday was heating test and Friday was review x

Reactions: 9
My son is deaf, and at his appointments we are not allowed our phones out, as it’s a sound proof room you are in. Every little sound is accounted for even the sound your coat makes when you move. So how she’s got away with having a photoshoot for him is beyond me.

• Wow
Reactions: 42
Why does she never acknowledge the autism comments just glazes over them, she treats autism like it’s a dirty word, there’s much worse fates than not having a neurotypical child, he’s happy and healthy! It’s great she’s booked speech therapy, I’m hoping the speech therapist is gonna book Soph and Jamie a few sessions so they stop speaking like idiots around ronnie, no more mammaz and handsnomes mans!!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Absolute lying witch.

If Ronnie was diagnosed with glue ear or Otis media as it is referred to correctly, this would have either been either slight glue ear up to severe glue ear. As she says they were not that worried about him at the first appointment, this hints that he presented with a slight glue ear which a large percentage of children do. During winter months, colds, periods of being run down, Otis media can flare up.
if this was the case he would be monitored and asked to come back in a minimum of 3 months, but more than likely he would have what is called ‘watchful waiting’ where if further symptoms persist such as redness to ears, pulling of ears or discharge from ears then he could be referred to earlier on an emergency appointment, but more likely he would be seen in 6 months from her original appointment.

if they had of been extremely worried and he presented with extreme Otis media, he would have been seen again within 12 weeks with a view to inserting grommets to help with the flow of discharge and build up.

nothing that she has said is the correct procedure if someone presents with a slight glue ear, he wouldn’t be seen again so quickly unless he deteriorated which she stated he hasn’t and the glue ear is now gone.
im not sure why she is making up these lies, for attention or sympathy, but if he presented originally with a slight glue ear she would have been told it’s very common, nothing to worry about and he would be reviewed again in 6 months unless anything changed.

does she not realise there are professionals who will be reading her bullshit and calling her out on it? Not to mention the professionals she has seen and been advised by, they will be mortified she is lying or twisting what happens to her advantage.

sorry rant over

• Heart
Reactions: 44

I thought the same as you! Health visitors don’t do evening appointments 🙄

Reactions: 11

The beginning of my message say I don’t understand with reference to the diagnosis and how that’s come about. I think we are on the same page with that.
I thought you suggested she was lying about the dates which made sense to me.
We’re hardly here to fight with each other!

Reactions: 5
The beginning of my message say I don’t understand with reference to the diagnosis and how that’s come about. I think we are on the same page with that.
I thought you suggested she was lying about the dates which made sense to me.
We’re hardly here to fight with each other!
Honey no one is fighting with you! Unless you’re picking a fight with me that is 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Honey no one is fighting with you! Unless you’re picking a fight with me that is 😂
Not at all. She blows my mind with some of the things she says and I hate not understanding something. But it’s so hard to understand what she’s on about and sometimes I think other people here can make sense of it for me!

Reactions: 13
Why does she never acknowledge the autism comments just glazes over them, she treats autism like it’s a dirty word, there’s much worse fates than not having a neurotypical child, he’s happy and healthy! It’s great she’s booked speech therapy, I’m hoping the speech therapist is gonna book Soph and Jamie a few sessions so they stop speaking like idiots around ronnie, no more mammaz and handsnomes mans!!
Reading the tend replies she gets they all sound so naive as well. Yes, all children develop in their own time but when your child is around 27 months and still barely utter a word, you can't just ignore the fact that there might be some other issues at play. The sooner she accepts that poor little Ronnie just might be neurodivergent, the sooner she can get him the real help he needs, which will only help him in the future. From what we do see, he seems like a very bright, engaged and sweet little boy. And with the right help there's no reason he can't go on to live a perfectly normal life.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Not at all. She blows my mind with some of the things she says and I hate not understanding something. But it’s so hard to understand what she’s on about and sometimes I think other people here can make sense of it for me!
The key to it was in the text on the post of the 13th. The prior appointment.
I’m not surprised people get confused with the amount of lies she tells!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Argh I cannot stand the phrase "they all develop in their own time". It's so dismissive of issues and can actually prevent people from seeking help/support until it's too late.

Yes babies/children do develop at their own pace but within set periods of time - the accepted milestones for NT children. If your child is developing outside of the accepted milestones for their age then please seek advice! As much as it might frighten or worry people to hear something might be amiss with their child, burying your head in the sand and parroting "they'll do it when they're ready to" is more harmful to their development.

Drives. Me. Mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.