Mrs Hinch #400 Bond with my kid? where to begin? so I’ll rub him with my chinny chin chin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread suggestion: Stace is up the duff bet Hinch can’t get her new house fast enuff 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I agree with those saying how insensitive it is to say ‘shame Hinch and SS weren’t pregnant at the same time’.
Where’s people’s common sense and sensitivity when SS has shared her very personal news of a miscarriage. I’m flabbergasted at people’s crassness sometimes

Reactions: 49
She makes me sick!! How are they doing this journey together again? What if SS doesn't want this journey with you... At the beginning, Hinch was known for cleaning..what is she actually known for now?!

Reactions: 15
First time posting on the hinch thread, I just want to rant at her representation of mothering a toddler and newborn. I have a 22 month old and a 2 month old and let me tell you the first 6 weeks were HELL!

Hubby works away 5-6 days a week and I don’t have any support around me. my toddler resented my baby, he was petrified of him. Every time my baby cried my toddler got so distressed he could barely breathe. He screamed so loud and had massive panic attacks. This was constant. All through the night I’d be rocking my toddler whilst trying to bottle feed my baby as breastfeeding didn’t establish due to tongue tie. My toddlers screaming would then upset my baby more so I’d have both of them screaming for hours. My health visitor said it’s normal? That my toddler believes something bad is happening that’s making baby cry and because he doesn’t know what this bad thing is he’s getting anxious and upset. He’s calmed down a lot now mind, and gives baby kisses and head strokes but I was on the verge of a breakdown.

I also struggled with bonding due to struggling to divide my attention well enough and feeling so stressed. They both needed me at the same time constantly but my toddler didn’t want to come to me if my baby was near me. The laundry needed doing, bottles needing washing, sterilising and making up. baths, cooking and playing. Both of them clinging, crying. My baby wouldn’t ever let me put him down which I assumed was because we hadn’t established a proper bond and he didn’t feel secure enough.

I was living life on a converyor belt night and day (still am, but it’s easier) and the exhaustion was something I’d never felt before. I lost a stone in 3 weeks as I had no time to eat or take care of myself.

sorry for the rant, just hinch makes it look as though it’s a fairytale. Watching her the since the birth of Lennie honestly made me feel that I was doing it wrong, that the distress and struggles were my fault and that I’m not cut out for this, as clearly other mums don’t struggle like I did. If She had Lennie the same time I had my baby and I watched her fairytale I could well have been pushed over my limit. Post-partum depression is real and what hinch is portraying could indirectly push a mum over the edge. We need to see mothers we can relate to, and with 4 million followers it’s quite worrying how many of those are new struggling mothers.

we aren’t struggling as much now. My baby is starting to settle into a routine and my toddler has calmed down so much and is back to being happy and independent. We still struggle getting out but I’m able to interact more with him with play/learning and having one on one time with my baby who is also much happier now, but the first month and a half was rough. Toughest time of my life! Get real hinch!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
First time posting on the hinch thread, I just want to rant at her representation of mothering a toddler and newborn. I have a 22 month old and a 2 month old and let me tell you the first 6 weeks were HELL!

Hubby works away 5-6 days a week and I don’t have any support around me. my toddler resented my baby, he was petrified of him. Every time my baby cried my toddler got so distressed he could barely breathe. He screamed so loud and had massive panic attacks. This was constant. All through the night I’d be rocking my toddler whilst trying to bottle feed my baby as breastfeeding didn’t establish due to tongue tie. My toddlers screaming would then upset my baby more so I’d have both of them screaming for hours. My health visitor said it’s normal? That my toddler believes something bad is happening that’s making baby cry and because he doesn’t know what this bad thing is he’s getting anxious and upset. He’s calmed down a lot now mind, and gives baby kisses and head strokes but I was on the verge of a breakdown.

I also struggled with bonding due to struggling to divide my attention well enough and feeling so stressed. They both needed me at the same time constantly but my toddler didn’t want to come to me if my baby was near me. The laundry needed doing, bottles needing washing, sterilising and making up. baths, cooking and playing. Both of them clinging, crying. My baby wouldn’t ever let me put him down which I assumed was because we hadn’t established a proper bond and he didn’t feel secure enough.

I was living life on a converyor belt night and day (still am, but it’s easier) and the exhaustion was something I’d never felt before. I lost a stone in 3 weeks as I had no time to eat or take care of myself.

sorry for the rant, just hinch makes it look as though it’s a fairytale. Watching her the since the birth of Lennie honestly made me feel that I was doing it wrong, that the distress and struggles were my fault and that I’m not cut out for this, as clearly other mums don’t struggle like I did. If She had Lennie the same time I had my baby and I watched her fairytale I could well have been pushed over my limit. Post-partum depression is real and what hinch is portraying could indirectly push a mum over the edge. We need to see mothers we can relate to, and with 4 million followers it’s quite worrying how many of those are new struggling mothers.

we aren’t struggling as much now. My baby is starting to settle into a routine and my toddler has calmed down so much and is back to being happy and independent. We still struggle getting out but I’m able to interact more with him with play/learning and having one on one time with my baby who is also much happier now, but the first month and a half was rough. Toughest time of my life! Get real hinch!
Sending you big hugs, glad things are settling down for you and two little ones. It’s not easy, parenting is tough and what you’ve described I lift my hat to you. Hinch is living in Disneyland parenthood, she’d earn much more respect from me were she honest and show all the roughs with the smooth. Lots of love to you and your little ones 🥰

Reactions: 19
When you think of it, while SS was struggling with a miscarriage, trying to get pregnant and deciding to possibly give up while still going to work, still decorating and sorting out a new home and having her partner go away for work. Hinch was posting videos of her stroking her bump and moaning about how tired she is but she loves to clean even though she should be resting.

Also can you imagine how fuming she is, in the past 7 months SS has had an engagement ring, date for her wedding, a mansion, a new dog, a tv show, a clothes line that sold out and now she’s pregnant.
Won’t be long before Hinch has to think of something quick to get a bit of attention

Reactions: 53

I know exactly what you went through. I had 16 months between my first 2, I was a teenager and my partner worked away all week.
The baby had problems feeding and would scream constantly then the toddler would scream.
One day they were both screaming, I was sobbing my heart out thinking I cant do this anymore. Then my neighbour came in, took both kids and said have a bath, put your makeup on and when you feel ready come to mine, take as long as you need.
I honestly think she saved my life that day!

Thank god there was no social media in those days because I dread to think the effect that seeing the perfect, disney family has on new parents.
Glad you’re coping better now but dont ever feel ashamed to tell someone that you’re struggling because you arent alone, thousands of mums are struggling too 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.