Mrs Hinch #37 Round & round the garden, push teddyโ€™s chair. 1 swipe 2 swipes we don't care

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone explain (and please donโ€™t attack me here) what the deal is with Zoflora? I get itโ€™s obviously strong chemicals, and nowadays Iโ€™m trying to use less etc and use natural cleaners more) but before this whole hinch thing I did used to use it on a lot of stuff as I thought it was just an antibacterial disinfectant type thing. For example I have wiped down my pram with it when I first got it as it was second hand and now Iโ€™m terrified Iโ€™m an idiot reading these comments as there was someone who screenshotted a similar thing earlier. Obviously Iโ€™m not putting it in oil burners or anything (that goes without saying) but surely if I thought it was ok most others will? Thatโ€™s if you just go by the usage instructions, e.g on the website it says you can use diluted to wipe down the changing mat. That said I donโ€™t even really use it anymore, I have cheeky wipes and wipe all the baby stuff down with those, but I have done it in the past and I always thought I was reasonably intelligent.
It's just a disinfectant and highly flammable. Even the vapour of it is highly flammable so would be dangerous near a babies things let alone the fact its chemicals would be bad for baby to inhale nor be near its skin. It literally just disinfects the germs and leaves the germs there it dosnt clean the germs away.

Reactions: 12
Can someone explain (and please donโ€™t attack me here) what the deal is with Zoflora? I get itโ€™s obviously strong chemicals, and nowadays Iโ€™m trying to use less etc and use natural cleaners more) but before this whole hinch thing I did used to use it on a lot of stuff as I thought it was just an antibacterial disinfectant type thing. For example I have wiped down my pram with it when I first got it as it was second hand and now Iโ€™m terrified Iโ€™m an idiot reading these comments as there was someone who screenshotted a similar thing earlier. Obviously Iโ€™m not putting it in oil burners or anything (that goes without saying) but surely if I thought it was ok most others will? Thatโ€™s if you just go by the usage instructions, e.g on the website it says you can use diluted to wipe down the changing mat. That said I donโ€™t even really use it anymore, I have cheeky wipes and wipe all the baby stuff down with those, but I have done it in the past and I always thought I was reasonably intelligent.
Zoflora is fine to use if it's used properly following the instructions on the bottle. The actual dilution instructions mean that you need a tiny amount even in a full bucket of water. It's just the obsession fuelled by MH mean that people are using it completely wrong, which is potentially dangerous because it's full of chemicals and is flammable when not diluted.
Zoflora is an antibacterial so it will kill germs even when massively diluted. But people are using it incorrectly. It is also not a cleaner just an antibacterial. It won't clean anything as it has no surfactants.
People's obsession with bulk buying it is insane. If someone has 100 bottles then in reality if they use it correctly they probably have about 2 years worth even if they clean every day.
And when it comes to babies and children there are better and safer cleaners available (like the wipes you mentioned).x

Reactions: 7
https://www.bridgebiotechnology.com/zoflora-toxic/

It can be used safely but it is more about the overuse of it. I've linked above an article about it.

Reactions: 3
Exactly this ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐ŸปForget the 1k pram giveaway, so many new parents would be happy just winning clothes/bottles/blankets for their babies
Think of all the baby stuff that could be bought with 1 grand, you wouldnโ€™t know Soph cos all your baby stuff is gifted ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
Here we go again, yet more freebees being shown for baby this morning, ๐Ÿ˜ก

I love a bargain and a free bee like the next person, but the amount she gets is getting beyond a joke now.

Sophie I know you read these comments ALL THE TIME , surely you must feel just a little awkward, keep accepting all this stuff for free,
anybody with the slightest bit of morality would.

What do you do with it all?? Please don't say you donate it as we all know that's a lie. I'm guessing you sell it on, like the table on Sphock?

I just can't get my head around how you think it's OK to keep accepting all this free stuff. I'm feeling bloody guilty that you do,!!!!
I think it's just down right discusting, you need to come clean as to what you do with this 'stuff'

If you do sell it then you really are the dregs of the human race, and should hang your head in shame.
Exactly this ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐ŸปForget the 1k pram giveaway, so many new parents would be happy just winning clothes/bottles/blankets for their babies
Think of all the baby stuff that could be bought with 1 grand, you wouldnโ€™t know Soph cos all your baby stuff is gifted ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thatโ€™s a good point on the inclusive part.
If you notice- more and more influencers are using voice recognition apps that type out what you are saying, or have it written in the corner so those that are deaf can actually join in too- sheโ€™s wiped out a huge amount with that filter.
What is interesting is Zoe Sugg- also with Gleam uses said app as much as possible and said that she has seen the benefit in it.
So I wonder why Gleam who also represent Hinch havenโ€™t picked up on this.

Lastly- given she has 2.5 million (supposed) followers, that last Friday post STILL doesnโ€™t have a huge like/ comment ratio does it.
Sheโ€™ll probably be using it now

Reactions: 4
Someone came on here, think it was last week, and said sheโ€™d sent her something and hadnt got a reply or something.
I asked her how did she know where to send but she never replied and disappeared ๐Ÿค”

But what I was getting at was, anybody that wants to send her stuff has to get in touch with gleam or whoever to find out where to send it.
So why dont gleam just say to people, really appreciate that youโ€™ve gone to all this trouble blah blah blah BUT Sophie already has MORE than she could ever use so can you donate or just keep it!

Why keep accepting freebies ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ
Unless itโ€™s being shared around at gleam offices ๐Ÿค”

Reactions: 3
Cue another email to lenor. I wish sheโ€™d stop being a total twit for a day so I donโ€™t have to keep writing emails to add to files about her ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You are right to use it as a disinfectant. But when people start to use it excessively there is a big issue. There have been stories on other threads where people are using it to clean ovens, the cooker etc. And Zoflora is a disinfectant so doesnโ€™t clean. Pouring it down the sink affects aquatic life. It is highly flammable and using it alone can cause allergic reactions as per the Zoflora safety data sheet.

Reactions: 11
Cue another email to lenor. I wish sheโ€™d stop being a total twit for a day so I donโ€™t have to keep writing emails to add to files about her ๐Ÿ˜‚
I emailed them early last week re Lenor and spraying it on fabrics etc, still waiting fir a reply, I will contact them agsin if not heard by Thursday, hope you have more luck than me.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.