Mrs Hinch #367 Tesco tomatoes on Hinch farm, can’t top Pickle Cottage it has the charm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well of course it's about communication. Why else do we speak?
No, it’s initially about his understanding. Which needs to be sorted out before he can even begin to communicate. Some people seem to be suggesting these cards are for him to point at objects he wants, like a non verbal child with autism might. This isn’t usually the case.

i’m getting dangerously close to identifying what I do for a living 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Good on her for actually doing something about Ronnies speech. Shes still too thick to realise that this should've been done months ago. And its basic learning for babies.

Reactions: 21
Oh my god guys 🤯🤯😊

- the flash cards are a technique routinely suggested by speech therapists and they suggest you use pictures of stuff from your own house

- it’s not to help him to read

- yes Polaroids are expensive. She could have just printed pictures

- they aren’t to be used for him to point at something he wants

- they are to help young children associate words with concrete objects. Understanding is the first step to speech. So, she might lay some out and say ‘where’s the ball? Point to the ball?’ etc. Or if he’s not even at that stage yet, just showing him the card and saying the word over and over so eventually he’ll be able to pick out the ‘ball’ card when she asks for it.
I just hope she does, they've not seemed to have the patience before. All the muummazz, handsome mans talk has clearly hindered him. Let's hope this is a positive turning point for Ron and they start acting like responsible parents, not twit and twit with an Instagram account 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I just hope she does, they've not seemed to have the patience before. All the muummazz, handsome mans talk has clearly hindered him. Let's hope this is a positive turning point for Ron and they start acting like responsible parents, not twit and twit with an Instagram account 🙂
Yeah I agree...it’s all very well to make the cards but now she has to use them. And she also needs to start supporting his language development in their every day interactions, like with constant naming of items, repetition, etc. It takes a lot of patience and consistency.

Reactions: 14
Yeah I agree...it’s all very well to make the cards but now she has to use them. And she also needs to start supporting his language development in their every day interactions, like with constant naming of items, repetition, etc. It takes a lot of patience and consistency.
I think they should hire you🙃

Reactions: 5
Did Ron ever get to decorate a cookie? I’ve been at work (can’t all be influencing tit sat on our arses) and these threads move so fast 🤣😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ok I think the flash cards confirm that Ronron has delayed speech and language. One of my kids didn’t speak until late and these home made flash cards with photos of things from around our house were EXACTLY what the speech therapist suggested.

I hope she actually uses them -good for her for trying to address an issue and help his development.
Yep they are definitely for delayed speech. We use them where I work. So glad she’s listened to someone. Wish she’d explained why but great steps.

Reactions: 16
She has just stolen the bread hack from tik tok, why don’t some people see thru her, she is so brazen. Why not show the cheese one too Sophia as you usually have a lot
My mum did that bread hack back when I was little several decades ago now 🤣🤣 jeeeeez she is so desperate for content now 🤭🤭

Reactions: 12
I initially came on here to say that the flash cards were dull and practically grey and why not buy the colourful ones, but I totally stand corrected that these are more helpful and recommended if a child has a delay. It makes sense. I didn’t know this at all. So I’m happy to admit I was totally wrong. I applaud her for doing that. Long may it continue for that lovely little Ron.
If only I could put some funeral music into this post to make it more emosh 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Going back to what some were saying the other day about how she plasters Ronnie so much on her social media. I’ve just listened to 20 mins of her most recent podcast and she has spoken about how a few people on Instagram have made an account for Ronnie and that she’s not ok with it. She did say it’s free will and they can do what they like which they can but seriously, what did she expect? Millions of strangers use instagram, her profile is public and she puts so much of him on her account that it was always bound to happen. Almost everyone on Insta with a following has fanpage accounts made for them by god knows who. If she really doesn’t like it, she should stop posting so much of her son. She said her and Jamie spoke about wether or not they should post RonRon on social media but they decided they would because “they’re in control” but they’re not? Once you post something publicly, it’s out there for anyone to do anything with it. It’s frightening. I really don’t understand her

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m a long time lurker on this thread. But I feel like a lot of you don’t understand a speech delay and it shows. Using objects/pictures of objects is exactly what my sons SALT recommended for us. Well done to her for at least trying.

Reactions: 21
Does anyone else find it strange that since us tattlers have been mentioning ronnies speech she’s suddenly started showing videos of him mumbling words and now the flash cards? Great on her for doing something about it but it shouldn’t take other people for you to pick up on your child’s speech development

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Those socks🤢🤢🤢 have seen better days. Thought she did the ariel pod test?
But also.... note the drawers ;) they’re the drawers in Henry’s room! No fish tank on top! So either a ore record that goes wayyy back before the fish... or she’s just confirmed they became lunch!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.