Mrs Hinch #367 Tesco tomatoes on Hinch farm, can’t top Pickle Cottage it has the charm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's for speech but they are also ' on sight ' words so he will eventually connect the word with the object. So f she shows him the picture of the ball and he repeats ball he'll eventually be able to recognise the word on sight
Thankyou for explaining 😊

Reactions: 8
What is the purpose of the word written underneath the picture and why not use picture books and real objects to point at
Because he will eventually understand the word connected with the object and it will become an " on sight word "

What is the purpose of the word written underneath the picture and why not use picture books and real objects to point at
theyre meant to be helpful prompts. Ideally they'd be kept in an accessible place and Ronnie can point to them when he wants to communicate. Hinch will then be like "car, do you want to play with your car? Beep beep" Etc and go get the car to encourage language and to help aid him with communicating wants and needs.
The word there really aren't that helpful until they are a bit older though. But they do look nice and help encourage reading when the child grows up if she continues to have them around.

because it’s not realistic to carry millions of appropriate books around all day. flash cards are simple and get the job done just as well.
She would not have to carry them around she is with him enough just to read books and point at things as they go about their day, I think she is confused with developing his speech and word recognition

Reactions: 5
I agree photos from around the house are much better than bog standard flash cards BUT I would take photos of things he actually will need to communicate. Things like food, drink, bed... etc. He's never going to need to communicate "Keys" 😂
But seriously, Polaroids are so expensive just take some pics and print them off the computer
It’s not about him communicating things (like, he won’t be pointing at a flash card of a drink to communicate that he wants a drink) it’s about him learning a general wide vocabulary.

Reactions: 4
It's for speech but they are also ' on sight ' words so he will eventually connect the word with the object. So f she shows him the picture of the ball and he repeats ball he'll eventually be able to recognise the word on sight
All the time they've both had with him😏 whoever has intervened and advised them, thank goodness. Let's hope they both finally spend the time with him instead of pratting about on Insta🙃

Reactions: 17
She could just buy flashcards and not use expensive Polaroid film but then again, it wouldn't be flashing her £££ would it.

Reactions: 3
I feel like I should start saving all these Henry in the wind videos to prove they are all the same one 🤦🏻‍♀️
Must be like that little windy city of Chicago in her farmyard.
She will be off camera pointing the dyson hairdryer at the fatknackers dog

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m getting really emotional over everybody’s dads, my mum was a horror, but my dad and he wasn’t even my real dad, ( I didn’t find out till I was 11 ) was the most loveliest man, he worked so hard, but whatever spear time he had he spent with me and my brother, I miss him dearly, but he always taught us to work hard x
My kids Dad is a wanker. My husband though has taken on my kids and each of them have said that he's more of a Dad than their actual Dad. He doesn't shower them with stuff because he realises that it's never needed. He works hard, teaches them, guides them and supports them.
Some parents don't deserve kids, meanwhile others who aren't their real parents step in and provide everything they need.
Thank god for those people ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
If he has started nursery, the nursery would have recommended it, and then a referral to SALT.
good on them for finally stepping up and doing something tho... let’s hope it’s not too little too late

• Heart
Reactions: 24
All the time they've both had with him😏 whoever has intervened and advised them, thank goodness. Let's hope they both finally spend the time with him instead of pratting about on Insta🙃
Exactly, it should of been done sooner and not on the cusp of a new baby arriving where their attention will be divided.

Reactions: 18
Oh my god guys 🤯🤯😊

- the flash cards are a technique routinely suggested by speech therapists and they suggest you use pictures of stuff from your own house

- it’s not to help him to read

- yes Polaroids are expensive. She could have just printed pictures

- they aren’t to be used for him to point at something he wants

- they are to help young children associate words with concrete objects. Understanding is the first step to speech. So, she might lay some out and say ‘where’s the ball? Point to the ball?’ etc. Or if he’s not even at that stage yet, just showing him the card and saying the word over and over so eventually he’ll be able to pick out the ‘ball’ card when she asks for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
If he has started nursery, the nursery would have recommended it, and then a referral to SALT.
good on them for finally stepping up and doing something tho... let’s hope it’s not too little too late
Agreed and now they know all this theres no excuse with their 2nd child🙂

Reactions: 4
It would definitely be admirable Hinch came out and said she made these cards to help Ronnie's speech delay.

But she hasnt.

Nothing hinch does is admirable. Infact doing flash cards with young children is a pretty bog standard practice.

She is all smoke and mirrors and shouldn't be praised for doing something that many parents do.

Reactions: 22
Also the fact that she’s put ‘shoe’ is bugging me 🙄 I feel it should be ‘shoes’ with a picture of two shoes seeing as (for most people) they come as a pair!

I find it sickening that she could actually throw that in there that he wouldn’t see Ronnie? What a bizarre thing to say. Just because a dad is out at work doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of being a good dad. What message are they sending out to their children by what they are doing? People work/don’t work for numerous different reasons and everyone’s circumstances and family dynamics are different I get that. But from what I can see with the hinchliffes is that they are a wealthy two parent household but will be unable to install a strong work ethic into their children as they grow because neither of them go out to work. Ronnie has both parents and his grandparents looking after him round the clock yet it doesn’t seem like there has been any advantage to him emotionally or developmentally so they aren’t even able to say that they have been there in that sense for their kids either. So I’m sorry but what exactly do they have to offer other than being shameless money grabbers who only care about mr and mrs hinch. How are they able to put such tripe into the atmosphere and make others feel bad with these silly statements they make, all the while trying to make out that they are like us. I’m sure most kids will either see their parents grafting their arses off at work and know they have been provided for or they will see their parent/parents have been at home and been there for them in that way. These two idiots don’t seem to do either. She just wants Jamie at home so she doesn’t have to look after Ronnie. They are so insensitive and don’t realise how much of a dilemma it can be as a parent when it comes to choosing if you want to go to work or not, that’s if you even have a choice in the matter.
My OH had 3 jobs and I had 2, we were like ships that passed in the night. BUT, one of us was always with the kids.
Yes it was tough but we had to do it, and we had quality time. My kids don't think oh mum or dad was always working. They remember that in the school holidays I was home and the fun we had. Dad took them to football, cricket at weekends.
Just like normal notmillionaireinfluencers families

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Came here to say the same! Also, nouns should be written lower case... which she would know if she just bought him some board books or pre made flash cards 🙄
Yep! I’m cringing at the capitals at the beginning of each word. And the K 🙈🙈🙈

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.