Mrs Hinch #36 Through the sunroof or out the flaps, don't fall into Mama Hinch's swipe up traps

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how many people are stockpiling all these expensive brand name products at the expense of some decent food in the cupboards. Bound to be some ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I wonder how many people are stockpiling all these expensive brand name products at the expense of some decent food in the cupboards. Bound to be some ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Lots of my DMโ€™s are people with cleaners and no food. Debt they cannot pay and two new vacs.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
It really does make me sad. Iโ€™m sure some of those people are so vulnerable that they genuinely believe they need to do it. She has them convinced that theyโ€™re falling in some way if they run out of bathroom cleaner.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It really does make me sad. Iโ€™m sure some of those people are so vulnerable that they genuinely believe they need to do it. She has them convinced that theyโ€™re falling in some way if they run out of bathroom cleaner.
She really is no better than those companies that prey on elderly people and convince them to purchase items and services that they actually don't need.

• Angry
Reactions: 20
The NHS no longer recommends non-bio for baby items, as research has shown that bio powder is no more likely to cause a reaction. I admin a cloth nappy group and we only used evidence based advice, we get asked about detergents frequently.
Really? That's interesting? So you recommend biological products, even though they contain enzymes that can irriatate? Are you talking about specifically powders, because just on a personal preference I am not a fan of powder detergents in general? Perhaps that advice has not been rolled out over all trusts, not that there are actually guidelines on "Baby Clothing Washing"? To be fair, it is not something that comes up often to me, more in the antenatal care and classes, but it's always what we have advised both Private and NHS? Can you send me any links over DM - being off work because of my health at present, would be great to do any extra reading?

Edit - Are you The Nappy Lady, by any chance?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Shamelessly plugging her book again....
Ugh, I'd forgotten about her rubbish book!! That reminds me time to do some more ss, I got so bored after sharing the endless list of baskets and chemical products I quit looking at it (I didn't pay for her book, btw, & I'm glad as it's a big pile of headache inducing poop! :poop: )

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@Empen
When she does this, should it be declared as advertising?
It really annoys me when she always says "I remember this day, so well guys"...it was a few months ago and in some cases, weeks ago. Not years and years ago, to the point it was almost a distant memory until it suddenly came back to you. ๐Ÿ™„

Reactions: 19
Ugh, I'd forgotten about her rubbish book!! That reminds me time to do some more ss, I got so bored after sharing the endless list of baskets and chemical products I quit looking at it (I didn't pay for her book, btw, & I'm glad as it's a big pile of headache inducing poop! :poop: )
Not a single #ad in sight. Plus there is a spray bottle of fabreze in one of the pics..no #ad again!

Reactions: 11
Really? That's interesting? So you recommend biological products, even though they contain enzymes that can irriatate? Are you talking about specifically powders, because just on a personal preference I am not a fan of powder detergents in general? Perhaps that advice has not been rolled out over all trusts not that there are actually guidelines on "Baby clothing washing"? To be fair, it is not something that comes up often to me, more in the antenatal care and classes, but it's always what we have advised both Private and NHS? Can you send me any links over DM - being off work because of my health at present, would be great to do any extra reading?

Edit - Are you The Nappy Lady, by any chance?
Yes we do, as new research has shown that enzymes are no more likely to irritate skin than non-bio, and that actually the perfumes innon-bio can be more likely to irritate. We always recommend bio detergents for nappies, powder usually as they clean better and itโ€™s less likely to leave residue which can affect absorbency, although liquid can be preferred in soft water areas as itโ€™s less sudsy, and suds cushion nappies preventing proper agitation and therefore cleaning. Iโ€™ll pop you some links over, but it is on the main MHS website if you google NHS non-bio, it was in the news a while back. Iโ€™m not no, in fact the NL is a bit of a bone of contention for us ha ha! She has some great resources, but her advice isnโ€™t evidence based at all and we have so many people come to us with problems and damaged nappies due to ammonia degradation from using her guidelines. Iโ€™m part of the U.K. branch of Clean Cloth Nappies Down Under.

Reactions: 8
Iโ€™ll probably get slated for this post now.

I generally hope she takes to motherhood well. I hope she learns her ways about all the cleaning products damaging little ones and animals. If she does ever god forbid have post natal depression she voices how she is feeling which is completely a normal feeling.

I had depression with both my girls and felt ashamed that I was the only one. With her big platform I hope and pray she helps others

• Heart
Reactions: 17
omg latest video " u know u have laughed at my stories" NO love we laughed at u airhead๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just my opinion, I think she must of bit her tongue nearly off for months..I bet the air is blue in her house off camera! Bit by bit her mask is cracking! She's finding it harder to not react.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.