Mother Pukka - Anna Whitehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She definitely didn't credit anyone else with that post and put her stamp on it. Hits differently from an able bodied white woman but I still don't like the use of labels. Invite the children your child likes / invite everyone no matter if they're different to you.

Reactions: 5
Omfg that post is horrific!

It’s not enough just to invite the people you clearly didn’t deem desirable enough to invite off the bat. What a horrible hostile environment an all white middle class party would be for a black or brown child that none of their kids deign to make the effort to play with cos their parents aren’t doing any anti racism work with them at home or bothering to be friends with the parents? Yikes.

Reactions: 3
duck she stole the words of a disabled woman? I mean the sentiment still reeks of privilege (tick boxes for race and religion 🤨) but to pass it off as her own words.. I expect Cathy pulled her up on it and that’s why she’s on the podcast perhaps

Reactions: 7
Wow. This is completely missing the point of inclusion.
This is the epitome of performative inclusion and really grinds my gears. Like a list to tick off when sending invites.

I either invite the whole class when they're little or as they're older their select friends. Her post suggests the default is to make choices based on race, disability, religion or other. For some maybe, in which case some bloody white text on black background isn't going to magically change their mind.

Mine go to a local non-selective state school with kids from all nationalities and backgrounds. One of the reasons I chose to live in this area and that school was based on its diversity. And I chose schools on ethos and inclusion over league tables. So my kid parties are a mix of people from different backgrounds as an extension of this. And I have disabled kids so duck off with assuming all your followers are white, able bodied etc.

But of course I starve the Muslim kids and don't cater for intolerances or food preferences so thank duck she reminded me of that

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also judging by her own 40th birthday party full of middle class mostly white influencers she should really practice what she preaches.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
This is the epitome of performative inclusion and really grinds my gears. Like a list to tick off when sending invites.

I either invite the whole class when they're little or as they're older their select friends. Her post suggests the default is to make choices based on race, disability, religion or other. For some maybe, in which case some bloody white text on black background isn't going to magically change their mind.
I love this.

That post was performative, virtue-signalling wokeness by white middle class people, for white middle class people.

It was so jarring to see her “other” any kid who didn’t fit the white middle class ideal. No one said that white neurotypical is the default Anna… except you did.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I love this.

That post was performative, virtue-signalling wokeness by white middle class people, for white middle class people.

It was so jarring to see her “other” any kid who didn’t fit the white middle class ideal. No one said that white neurotypical is the default Anna… except you did.
Incase anyone missed it, turns out it isn't even her quote. It is Cathy Reay's who is disabled. Why Anna didn't credit it is beyond me.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I always thought she was a bit shady using campaigning as a way to build her personal brand and media career, but this just confirms my gut feeling about her - not much awareness of anyone outside her privileged bubble

Also, ages ago I remember seeing her comment on a post where someone had shared a meme of hers where her 'brand name' had been removed at some point and she was demanding they credit her. Turns out she actually likes stealing quotes off others herself!

Reactions: 8
Also judging by her own 40th birthday party full of middle class mostly white influencers she should really practice what she preaches.
100% this. When the chips are down Anna cannot deny her total white, wealthy able bodied privilege. The reason for this is because she fundamentally only moves in circles of people that look exactly the same as her. Her ‘fame’ is based on privilege and she actually cannot afford for Diversity to prevail because that would topple the white Insta hun empire where the cash sits.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That was cringe , thanks for the laugh. Almost forgot about that.

I also really used to like her.

Thought she was smarter then the usual lot.

Reactions: 6
I think she’s a magpie. ‘I’ll take that, I’ll have that’ to build her brand. But she doesn’t really engage her brain as she doesn’t genuinely care. She should have read that quote properly and thought about what it really meant. She just saw all the emotive imperative verbs and thought ‘that’s so me’ latched on to mentions of minorities without thinking properly about the implications. She also thinks her followers are stupid as they usually are stroked and indulged with a bit of emoting and hyperbole which is her usual schtick. In fact she’s a parody waiting to happen as her hearts and mind strategy is so obvious.

She really pisses me off! I hate how manipulative she is with her use of emotive language to draw in what she definitely and patronisingly sees as the ‘tired mums’ She doesn’t actually say anything new or helpful . It’s definitely backfired here and revealed how self serving her intentions actually are.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t like the post, regardless of who wrote it. I feel it’s worded badly and is just patronising and virtue signalling. So I can see why MP used it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s like ‘why wouldn’t you?’ - it’s telling that she thinks it is out of the ordinary.

Reactions: 5
Her stories going from bowelbabe dying to her birthday in less then an hour is so tasteless.

Reactions: 2
Especially as she says this is 41, when BB will never see that

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.