Mother Pukka - Anna Whitehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to really like her but she's just become another fame chasing influencer in my opinion. Flex appeal was a great idea but I can't take her seriously anymore.
It also looks like she's gone over board on botox/lip filler/filters as it seems her face barely moves anymore.

Reactions: 6
I used to follow her too. I liked her slightly chaotic manner. She was down to earth and relatable. I’ve just been and checked her out for the first time in a long while and 😱 It’s like a different person! I’m stunned!

Reactions: 1
I used to really like her but she's just become another fame chasing influencer in my opinion. Flex appeal was a great idea but I can't take her seriously anymore.
It also looks like she's gone over board on botox/lip filler/filters as it seems her face barely moves anymore.
I've just watched her stories about Sing2

Her face doesnt move, no lines, no wrinkles and she can't raise her eyebrows, though you can see her try.

What on earth has she done?!?!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I've just watched her stories about Sing2

Her face doesnt move, no lines, no wrinkles and she can't raise her eyebrows, though you can see her try.

What on earth has she done?!?!
Her forehead is frozen and her eyebrows are micro bladed to buggery!

Reactions: 1
I used to follow her too. I liked her slightly chaotic manner. She was down to earth and relatable. I’ve just been and checked her out for the first time in a long while and 😱 It’s like a different person! I’m stunned!
Same. Stopped following her months ago.

Yup me too. Also couldnt get my head round her doing great work for flex appeal and working women but doing photos in her underwear denoting "sexy secretary" style in interviews talking about women being taken seriously in business. Completely fed into the misogynistic women must show boobs and still be considered sexy even though they are also good at business.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I also can’t align her flex appeal and Insta-feminism with her having had so much work on her face or using all these filters. It’s just sending the wrong message

Reactions: 5
I also can’t align her flex appeal and Insta-feminism with her having had so much work on her face or using all these filters. It’s just sending the wrong message
You see, I disagree with that. To me, feminism is about the freedom to make choices you want, including how you look. I do agree that her content is jarring though. It’s neither a business / flexible working account or a personal account.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Her kids have been back on the grid too, she’s the complete antithesis of everything she used to be.
Love that her TV career has basically has had zero cut through though, and she’s had to go back to 2014-esque podcasts which even her old instamum mates don’t seem to be championing. What happened to the rest of the fishfingergate gang

Reactions: 2
You see, I disagree with that. To me, feminism is about the freedom to make choices you want, including how you look. I do agree that her content is jarring though. It’s neither a business / flexible working account or a personal account.
I feel like this is a trope started by the beauty industry and people that rely on a sexy aesthetic (like female music performers or the kardashians) to conform to beauty standards and be overtly sexy under the guise of being empowered but ultimately with the goal of making money.

And I’m saying this as someone who has Botox and fillers. I do not feel empowered or like a feminist. I feel prettier when I’ve had it done and I feel ugly when it’s wearing off. It’s self-loathing because women aren’t allowed to age gracefully.

If the whole world were blind and only I could judge my appearance, would I pay to have potentially harmful chemicals injected? Definitely not.

I can’t blame Anna for having the work. And it doesn’t make the flex-appeal any less pertinent. But it does make me take her a little less seriously because it’s clear that deep down she’s insecure and her main goal from instagram is fame and validation. The flex appeal is just her “flex”

Reactions: 13
Happy women’s history month friends! Yes, I didn’t know we got a whole month either, thought it was just 1 day. I’ve literally seen one account talking about it. After being bombarded and positively hit over the head with LGBT (ie just trans) history month, I’m ready to feel the love for WOMEN.

And yes, you can bet your bottom dollar that trans women will take centre stage, telling us not to talk about pesky womanly things like periods and menopause, because it makes them feel bad 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Because only transwomen are women. The rest of us are cis and can't use the term women to describe ourselves otherwise we are accused of conjuring a hate crime.

Happy women's history month.

Back to Anna, what happened to her becoming a big TV hot shot with her new book adaptation? Her trying so so hard to cry and move her face during the myleene interview actually had me feeling embarrassed for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel like this is a trope started by the beauty industry and people that rely on a sexy aesthetic (like female music performers or the kardashians) to conform to beauty standards and be overtly sexy under the guise of being empowered but ultimately with the goal of making money.

And I’m saying this as someone who has Botox and fillers. I do not feel empowered or like a feminist. I feel prettier when I’ve had it done and I feel ugly when it’s wearing off. It’s self-loathing because women aren’t allowed to age gracefully.

If the whole world were blind and only I could judge my appearance, would I pay to have potentially harmful chemicals injected? Definitely not.

I can’t blame Anna for having the work. And it doesn’t make the flex-appeal any less pertinent. But it does make me take her a little less seriously because it’s clear that deep down she’s insecure and her main goal from instagram is fame and validation. The flex appeal is just her “flex”
I don’t agree that’s the way every woman feels though. There’s certainly women who do cash in in this way, but not all. However I respect your view.

Happy women’s history month friends! Yes, I didn’t know we got a whole month either, thought it was just 1 day. I’ve literally seen one account talking about it. After being bombarded and positively hit over the head with LGBT (ie just trans) history month, I’m ready to feel the love for WOMEN.

And yes, you can bet your bottom dollar that trans women will take centre stage, telling us not to talk about pesky womanly things like periods and menopause, because it makes them feel bad 🙄
Apologies, I posted this in the wrong thread!

• Haha
Her dad seems to have totally disappeared off her grid, unless I’ve missed something. Does anyone know where he has gone?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.