Mother Pukka - Anna Whitehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came here to say... I hate the way she keeps looking sad and wistfully into the camera while bleeting on about home schooling , working and motherhood being too much to fit into 24 hrs. I agree with her, but do I have to listen to Kate Bush's woman's work why she glances at the camera to check its recording then glance away like it's just a candid video nor staged at all?! Christ on a cracker. It's cringey and reminds me of a charity advert for shelter or great ormand street hospital. What she is talking about is important but she has really over egged the pudding with these reels. *unfollow*
I had to unfollow her due to that faux anxiety, staged, "I don't have a clue what I'm doing" lark. It was embarrassing to watch, she's a very clever (and able) woman, who's she really trying to kid?

Reactions: 7
Just came here to say... I hate the way she keeps looking sad and wistfully into the camera while bleeting on about home schooling , working and motherhood being too much to fit into 24 hrs. I agree with her, but do I have to listen to Kate Bush's woman's work why she glances at the camera to check its recording then glance away like it's just a candid video nor staged at all?! Christ on a cracker. It's cringey and reminds me of a charity advert for shelter or great ormand street hospital. What she is talking about is important but she has really over egged the pudding with these reels. *unfollow*
i just came on here to say exactly that. It’s making my eyes bleed every time it pops up.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Glad I’m not the only one, and as a parent in this position. I don’t really want any pity, in the short term coping mechanisms and practical help would be far more useful

Reactions: 3
Can someone explain how she actually earns money from the Flex Appeal?
I’m not even sure she does - I know she’s done stuff with McDonalds etc and I’m sure they charge for appearances. I get the feeling she’s very fame hungry- it’s a bit of a mother Theresa complex, she must be seen to be a good person? She’s very erratic? The moaning about home working, I get it- we are all struggling- she’s having to juggle things a bit more than normal, but get over it? We are all in the same boat and it is what it is. All this wanting extra paid days of for caring etc- we are in the middle of a pandemic, il be happy if I still have a job at the end of this and I’m not about to go on a crusade to try and get more holidays/days off for child care. I’ve not even used my holidays from this year because I’ve no point in taking them. If my kid is sick this year then I’m home anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️ She doesn’t even have an “office job” so how can she tell what it’s like at the moment? Read the room- I just want this year/pandemic to be over and then I might have the energy to care- at this moment in time I’m working extra hours for all those on furlough, i’d actually like a pay increase but I realise I’m lucky to even have a job. She’s so out of touch. As for the “ im really struggling” - get a grip, you can heat your house, you can afford food, you have 2 parents at home, your not getting the tit kicked out of you by an abusive partner- she really thinks she’s hard done by- trust me she’s got it pretty good by what I can see.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m not even sure she does - I know she’s done stuff with McDonalds etc and I’m sure they charge for appearances. I get the feeling she’s very fame hungry- it’s a bit of a mother Theresa complex, she must be seen to be a good person? She’s very erratic? The moaning about home working, I get it- we are all struggling- she’s having to juggle things a bit more than normal, but get over it? We are all in the same boat and it is what it is. All this wanting extra paid days of for caring etc- we are in the middle of a pandemic, il be happy if I still have a job at the end of this and I’m not about to go on a crusade to try and get more holidays/days off for child care. I’ve not even used my holidays from this year because I’ve no point in taking them. If my kid is sick this year then I’m home anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️ She doesn’t even have an “office job” so how can she tell what it’s like at the moment? Read the room- I just want this year/pandemic to be over and then I might have the energy to care- at this moment in time I’m working extra hours for all those on furlough, i’d actually like a pay increase but I realise I’m lucky to even have a job. She’s so out of touch. As for the “ im really struggling” - get a grip, you can heat your house, you can afford food, you have 2 parents at home, your not getting the tit kicked out of you by an abusive partner- she really thinks she’s hard done by- trust me she’s got it pretty good by what I can see.
She's always been a struggler though? Her mental health since she had her first child has always been an issue, you don't need to have a partner kicking the crap out of you to be struggling. Insta is full of women who appear to be having it all yet they are crying about how each day is a struggle. I'm not sure if we (the commoners) are supposed to feel that makes them relatable to us or if they genuinely think they are doing us some sort of public service by sharing that they are not perfect.
Anyway, as much as I found her low level annoying, I can't get worked up about her. I think she would be the school mum at the gate who would speak to everyone, I think she's a genuinely nice person.

Reactions: 10
So agree with all of this.

Reactions: 4
I agree about feeling lucky to still have a job, I’m working flexibly in the sense I am doing a couple hours in the morning before they get up. I doubt this will be sustainable long term but it works for me now. I am glad that I am healthy, don’t have to send my kids to school and still have a job.

Reactions: 8
Does she poke herself in the eye to try and make it look like she’s nearly crying when she’s posting these clips of a child on her shoulder and her pity talk about homeschooling/working

She’s still not offering any practical help

She is so annoying, friends keep sharing it. It’s so false and I hate that she uses her kids like that. We wouldn’t believe her less if it was just her

Does every post have to have a kid hanging off her? My kid is pretty clingy at times but there is no way they’d just sit there while I did videos and I also wouldn’t use that opportunity of a cuddle to think oh I must grab my phone and post something for the gram? I used to love her but it’s all so forced and contrived.

Reactions: 6
I just can't get behind her with this. Moaning about writing a sex scene for a novel whilst homeschooling? Well here's an idea, write it at 7pm when they go to bed. It's not like it's a vital job. You're not really juggling work and childcare like a lot of keyworkers etc are you? Just really grates on me tbh. And yes, the clinging children for every story, the side eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just can’t get over the amount of Botox she’s had??? She can barely move her face 🥴
She’s gotta carry on with this campaign to pay for the Botox 😜

When Gav Williamson finally gets round to opening the schools, she claim it’s all done to her no doubt 😂

• Haha
She’s gotta carry on with this campaign to pay for the Botox 😜

When Gav Williamson finally gets round to opening the schools, she claim it’s all done to her no doubt 😂
Oh no. She’ll make that claim inadvertently, it’ll be. “You did it. You did it. All 2,351 of you.”

I’m not even sure what she’s campaigning for. Furlough for parents to homeschool? Childcare at the worst stage of the pandemic? I’m pleased she’s not in politics or economics.

Annnnddd, you can achieve all this by just tagging Boris Johnson’s Instagram account in her post, because that’s how politics works (with the added advantage of her own personal engagement figures). 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Honestly I think she’s working it worse. I’m in this situation and it’s beyond tit, but a pity party doesn’t help. She got no real proposals or practical advice to help she’s just fuelling stressed out parents (who aren’t always women either!!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.