Mother Pukka #3 I think we might be remarkable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope that Polly is using Anna to her advantage to build on her career. She’s not a stupid woman and I think she could be doing this in order to get herself a platform to talk about important topics that she has life experience on such as raising severely disabled children. She is a very good interviewer.
---
anyone know what the stigma around blended families even is? because i am none the wiser…
Anna is confusing the stigma and criticism of moving on and not putting your children first / healing from divorce and having some time alone with the apparent stigma around blended families.

I don’t personally think there is much of a stigma around blended families but I think it is a bloody hard thing to navigate from my own personal experience, especially with dads and daughters (unsure if Olly has daughters or sons) but God help her if he does. The first few months / year of blending is the honeymoon period. Everything was perfect for me in this period, after that it all starts to fall apart which I think is very common. The step parents and blended families subreddits are an interesting read!

They won’t be able to navigate a new baby / blending families / mixing parenting styles unless they both ‘give up’ their current children which I suspect is already kind of happening (they both have a lot of free time to be dating, and falling pregnant this quick) so I wouldn’t be surprised if Matt & Ollys ex do the bulk of the parenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Anna is adding to the stigma of blended families- jumping in too soon, putting the partner before the kids, having a baby quickly, etc… that woman could put her twisted spin on anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I agree with what you’ve said re Matt- looks to me like she love bombed him into marriage then they got pregnant and miscarried and then it became a **visceral** need to have one because thems the rules? I think she only had the second one for content, again to talk about the miscarriages, then sleepless nights, breastfeeding, mat leave - it’s all content. Now same things happened with Oli and she needs to hit the milestones with him or it’s not real. I’m sure with all the divorces such as scummy mummy and ultimate girl gang etc she wants to be smug head girl and show everyone you don’t have to be the scorned divorcee you can be the smug remarried, breaking down stigmas.
whaatttt I didn’t know divorce was the next big thing!

Saying that it’s quite telling that these influencers are now all getting divorced as their ‘fame’ dwindles… interesting

Reactions: 9
I know she’s helping someone out but it feels so cheeky to literally ask for something to be gifted (her latest story post).

Reactions: 8
Just had another look at her stories. The self-importance of her very un-unique experience of divorce and then getting pregnant helping break the stigma of blended families. Good grief. What is with these people? What stigma anyway?! I have never, ever considered a blended family as weird or odd or unusual!

Reactions: 19
I know she’s helping someone out but it feels so cheeky to literally ask for something to be gifted (her latest story post).
It’s crass. And lazy and miserly. She could actually put some skin in it by doing a gofund me fundraiser. But then, that’s effort.

Reactions: 7
The fact that they proposed to each other by saying 'if it wasn't for society's judgment, I would propose to you' tells me that they know it's too soon. That they know it's a car crash waiting to happen but they are caught up in the honeymoon bubble. Repent at leisure, guys.

Reactions: 19
The fact that they proposed to each other by saying 'if it wasn't for society's judgment, I would propose to you' tells me that they know it's too soon. That they know it's a car crash waiting to happen but they are caught up in the honeymoon bubble. Repent at leisure, guys.
Well it’s too bloody late for that now, she’s tied to him forever, even if they don’t make it down the aisle. Stupid stupid stupid people

Reactions: 5
Some of us just end up in this position because of how our fertility journey goes (mine at 39) so I get a bit 🥱 when people go on about the hell of being that age with young kids or teenagers BUT I agree that choosing to start a brand new family at 42 when you already have children, eeessh. It's like she really didn't love Matt, this mad desire to have a child with HER PERSON. Their (her and Matt's) daughters need so much TLC as tbh sometimes some of the things Matt has said about parenting made me think he wasn't mad for it either – not to be confused with not loving their children.
I know I did think after I posted, some people aren't in the position to choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That whole “Look at the mountain. Focus on it. Take it all in” is how you generally try and initially manage someone who might be about to have a panic attack 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21