Mother in law experiences #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He agrees we need to have our own space and that she is overbearing but I think he’s so used to it he doesn’t always see the wrong in her ways. He has also addressed the name thing with her but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears. She’s 62, I agree about the child element we don’t have any kids at the moment but it definitely has me questioning if I can put up with for the rest of her life.
---

I agree with you, I am questioning how much longer I can put up with this. Shame all mother in laws don’t want to mother from a distance 😆
---

She wanted me to call her mom (they’re American) and I have not honoured that, I either avoid calling her anything or by her name
The rest of her life could be 30 years…. I don’t know how old you are but that’s a loooong time.

I’m very lucky with my current mil but my ex mil was a different story, although not outwardly nasty there was a side to her that I really didn’t like. Sadly, current mil is in her 80s & the mind is beginning to go :/

Reactions: 5
You know I wonder what my kids partners when they grow up will think of me. Will they end up on here venting about me lol? I hope not 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Things that make me happy….my DIL phoning me just for a chat!
I must have done something right!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.