Monkeypox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The numbers are still very low, so I think that's why hardly anyone's bothered. Which pretty much proves the earlier comments that it's mostly spread by very close skin to skin contact. It's not like Covid where numbers went up rapidly from mid March 2020.

I don't think renaming it will make people scared - only rapidly increasing infection rates will do that.

Disclaimer: I don’t agree with everything someone else says in the post when i share something.
If you mean me, I wasn't suggesting you agreed.

That's why I didn't quote anyone - mine was just a general comment. It was more directed at Mr Melville's view (not that he reads here, or does he?? :D )

The numbers are still very low, so I think that's why hardly anyone's bothered. Which pretty much proves the earlier comments that it's mostly spread by very close skin to skin contact. It's not like Covid where numbers went up rapidly from mid March 2020.

I don't think renaming it will make people scared - only rapidly increasing infection rates will do that.
I thought the WHO has reconvened the emergency committee to see if they're going to upgrade it to epidemic 😂

I see Pride events won't be banned, but it hasn't stopped some trying!

Excerpt from the article above:

“Sadly, but entirely predictably, some of those who oppose Pride and who oppose equality and human rights have already been attempting to use monkeypox as a justification for calls for Pride to be banned.

“We are pleased the WHO guidance is clear that Pride and major events should not be affected and are, in fact, opportunities to share important public health messaging,” he added.

Seems to be an entirely different virus if it doesn’t look , spread or share the same symptoms 😂