MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My only real beef with AllEars is the whole format which is in line with other stuff like this, but a far cry from Deb Wills' charming, a bit quirky, but full of knowledgeable people writing for them. And they could actually write.

Reactions: 1
Anyone wants to start a DFB/Allears thread? :unsure:
DFB is the major reason why Disney changed around some of their restaurants with their "stupid Disney dining hacks" i.e telling people to book reservations at Be Our Guest and just order a cupcake. So now the server is having to deal with a table spending 10 bucks, and only making a couple bucks, coupled with Disney making less $$$ per table. It's why they shifted to a prix fixe menu the same for the California Grill.

Reactions: 7
DFB is the major reason why Disney changed around some of their restaurants with their "stupid Disney dining hacks" i.e telling people to book reservations at Be Our Guest and just order a cupcake. So now the server is having to deal with a table spending 10 bucks, and only making a couple bucks, coupled with Disney making less $$$ per table. It's why they shifted to a prix fixe menu the same for the California Grill.
I fully agree with this. The hacks first came through on the DISboards as parents shared how to afford eating at Disney with young children, but unless one was looking for them and reading all the posts, they went unnoticed for the most part.

DFB was reading there, exploited the knowledge shared via videos. At that point everyone saw it and the result was Disney clamped down on all affordable options and forced families into choosing to eat or not. Sure, the information would have gotten out sooner or later, and DISboard readers were known for abusing loopholes, we saw that with the refillable mugs, but there is no doubt that DFB profited while the families paid the price sooner than it would have happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I've grown to hate anything using the word hacks. It's so overused. Asking for something not on the menu isn't a hack. People have done that forever. I also dislike the whole secret menu thing too. Just put stuff on the menu that you serve.
Yeah, DFB accelerated what Disney needed to do, but there are lots of places to get food at Disney affordably. The website lists over 200 if you filter by the $14.99 level.

Well, I officially unsubscribed to Molly McAwesome on Instgram and Mammoth Club on Instagram - plus unsubscribed to the Youtube channel.

I know Molly is a woke millennial, but I am old-timer Gen-xer and I not a person that is real political. Molly can feel however she wants about whatever she wants to, totally her right.

I have decided to opt out of her content. If I wanted someone's thoughts on Ron DeSantis, I would follow one of the 7878097089707 political twitter accounts out there. It's just not my jam. And it is just not because of this particular IG post - it's just been too much for me lately and she lost me (to which I know she doesn't care, and that is ok!)

Reactions: 13
Well, I officially unsubscribed to Molly McAwesome on Instgram and Mammoth Club on Instagram - plus unsubscribed to the Youtube channel.

I know Molly is a woke millennial, but I am old-timer Gen-xer and I not a person that is real political. Molly can feel however she wants about whatever she wants to, totally her right.

I have decided to opt out of her content. If I wanted someone's thoughts on Ron DeSantis, I would follow one of the 7878097089707 political twitter accounts out there. It's just not my jam. And it is just not because of this particular IG post - it's just been too much for me lately and she lost me (to which I know she doesn't care, and that is ok!)
What Molly is doing comes with the territory of her age group - millennials feel the need to scream to be heard over the noise of the Boomers. As another Gen-Xer, I get it, but I also feel that when one has a business to run they need to keep it as neutral as possible. Politicians are temporary. I see no use in limiting one's business to give them even more press, even if negative. Just shut it and chug on. Tides change, float with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That's a real choice to make. They're betting that everyone is exactly on the same political page as them (probably due to age of viewers) and that's not necessarily a safe bet these days.

I can't stand Molly, and I don't know what the post was, but the DeSantis targeting Disney is significant to the Disney audience even though it does open up the political infighting can of worms.

Reactions: 4
I can't stand Molly, and I don't know what the post was, but the DeSantis targeting Disney is significant to the Disney audience even though it does open up the political infighting can of worms.
It's been a back and forth for a while with RD and WDW- and I get it. It's just not my cup of tea.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 11.18.43 AM.png

Thanks for posting that. For MC purporting to want to draw kids in their audience (some of the comments on their channel indicate 6 and 7 year olds watch), they'll ask what POS means if they see this, so I don't get their attempt to ride two paths like this.

The funny part of it all is I think Chapek was actually closer to the governor politically, and made a statement to support employees and now he's got Iger back to deal with.

Thanks for posting that. For MC purporting to want to draw kids in their audience (some of the comments on their channel indicate 6 and 7 year olds watch), they'll ask what POS means if they see this, so I don't get their attempt to ride two paths like this.

The funny part of it all is I think Chapek was actually closer to the governor politically, and made a statement to support employees and now he's got Iger back to deal with.
They've specifically said they don't intend to make content for kids, and even yesterday recommended other creators that might be a better fit for someone looking for family content.

She said she doesn't want to be a family-friendly business, which I thought that's what they wanted for their YouTube channel? I'm confused. Is anyone else?

• Haha
They've specifically said they don't intend to make content for kids, and even yesterday recommended other creators that might be a better fit for someone looking for family content.
Well, be that as it may, it seems plenty are watching. And if they're not family friendly, why are they Disney focused? Seems incongruous.

Edit: I doubt their demographic is all people around 40.

Reactions: 2
That's a real choice to make. They're betting that everyone is exactly on the same political page as them (probably due to age of viewers) and that's not necessarily a safe bet these days.

Agree with the "choice" component of your statement. The trackers did something similar a short time back and lost a large number of subscribers over it.

Waging that everyone is against a politician is a poor bet. Republicans are the dominant force in Florida. Making assumptions like Molly just made, like assuming one's religious pov or heritage are newbie mistakes and can have long term ramifications.

Molly has much to learn.
---
I appreciate that Molly has decided that the channel is not child-friendly. There are too many of these out there already. This does not mean she, Alan and Max are about to start tossing swears out there or constantly making sexual jokes... it just means that she's not going to force a G rating on the content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I appreciate that Molly has decided that the channel is not child-friendly. There are too many of these out there already. This does not mean she, Alan and Max are about to start tossing swears out there or constantly making sexual jokes... it just means that she's not going to force a G rating on the content.
Sure, but if they know kids are watching it, and it's just random non kid friendly things, they should add that to a thumbnail as people won't expect that.

A lot of voting in America is based on picking lesser of 2 evils. Just because DeSantis got elected doesn't mean the majority of people in Florida agree with all of his views. He might "win" against The Walt Disney Company but at a heavy cost to his political clout.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
A lot of voting in America is based on picking lesser of 2 evils. Just because DeSantis got elected doesn't mean the majority of people in Florida agree with all of his views. He might "win" against The Walt Disney company but at a heavy cost to his political clout.
Ain't that the truth, my state reelected an 89 year old for senate because it was better than voting for the democrat and I'm sitting here in my little blue dot shaking my head.

• Haha
Ain't that the truth, my state reelected an 89 year old for senate because it was better than voting for the democrat and I'm sitting here in my little blue dot shaking my head.
89? I love seeing people live to wonderful old ages and keep their faculties intact, but that's insane.
Wait... how old is Biden? Okay, He's a youthful 80 🤣 ... I just don't know what age to trust anymore after Regan Sr. had his issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.