MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Step one: curate a private audience on Twitch and Instagram using the followers of the company you work for.

Step two: convince these followers to gift you their free Amazon Prime subscriptions on Twitch and $5 or more on Patreon.

Step three: "Walk away" and "bet on yourself" having already amassed thousands of dollars a month from pay pigs.

If Max is to get any credit, it's the scrupulous way in which he quickly monetized thousands of people.

The grift was simple enough, a guy associated with All Ears has a Twitch channel, and plenty of Molly stans already following him. You know, the ones desperate enough for Molly that they would ride the jock of some bit character who shows up on RTT now and then to talk about Mr. Toad for the millionth time. And oh, look! Molly "guest stars" on a stream! It's like bonus All Ears content, but it's not! One sly suggestion to these super fans later and Molly has hit pay day.

Now she "walks away" on Instagram and the snowball grows, more money, more money.

What they did was find a good way to get paid a lot of money each month, they didn't start a successful media company, the company itself is just a grift. That's why they don't have any original content. The content was always second to getting paid.

If AJ was smart she would have already monetized on these platforms, but she's legacy media, can't really blame her for not realizing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh, forgot to say about the "child lock" on her phone. Unless they got extra software for that which only Max or Alan control, she can remove that and turn it off at will, so I think that's a fairy tale.

Reactions: 3
Did they honestly have a photo shoot for their personal merchandise inside DCA? I’m hoping they just photoshopped the background.

Maybe they actually used the stan money for something.
They didn’t need much of it. They got into the park, set up a tri-pod and took some shots. It’s obvious from the “outtakes” that’s all they did. They didn’t even iron the clothes, let alone get a studio space. I wonder how “disruptive” it was to park guests?
These photos got nothing on the AEs style ones they’ve been posting Disney bounding outfits lately that look much more polished.

MC Startup Expenses:

I believe Alan set up the LLC for MC, there are numerous expenses with that, some of which are ongoing annual charges with filing deadlines to meet.
If they didn't do it themselves, they paid a service company to do it for them, that's another hefty charge.

I believe they bought new phones and mics. Doesn't mean they've learned to use them yet 🤣

Annual passes for all three of them. Most likely Max has the DL/WDW pairing, but Molly and Alan only have WDW.

Design - logo as well as clothing. They paid for that.

I agree the expenses have been minimal, but they do exist, it wasn't as simple as just setting up a camera and running with it.
---
Post-starup: add on the Human expense of Editors as well as the trips, dining and purchases.

Last edited:
Step one: curate a private audience on Twitch and Instagram using the followers of the company you work for.

Step two: convince these followers to gift you their free Amazon Prime subscriptions on Twitch and $5 or more on Patreon.

Step three: "Walk away" and "bet on yourself" having already amassed thousands of dollars a month from pay pigs.

If Max is to get any credit, it's the scrupulous way in which he quickly monetized thousands of people.

The grift was simple enough, a guy associated with All Ears has a Twitch channel, and plenty of Molly stans already following him. You know, the ones desperate enough for Molly that they would ride the jock of some bit character who shows up on RTT now and then to talk about Mr. Toad for the millionth time. And oh, look! Molly "guest stars" on a stream! It's like bonus All Ears content, but it's not! One sly suggestion to these super fans later and Molly has hit pay day.

Now she "walks away" on Instagram and the snowball grows, more money, more money.

What they did was find a good way to get paid a lot of money each month, they didn't start a successful media company, the company itself is just a grift. That's why they don't have any original content. The content was always second to getting paid.

If AJ was smart she would have already monetized on these platforms, but she's legacy media, can't really blame her for not realizing.
I still don't think you quite know what "grift" means.

Reactions: 6
In Molly’s defense, I also get pretty annoyed when people ask me if I want children, and I wish I could just shut the conversation down like that.

I also say this as someone who is bored with Mammoth Club and haven’t actively watched a video in two months or so (and this goes for all Disney vloggers): if people are foolish enough to give so much money a month to people who vacation for a living, then that is really not the fault of the vlogger. The product being sold to them is not misrepresented, and I don’t see any vloggers doing a telethon to save their homes or anything. No one is making anyone sign up for Patreon.

Reactions: 9
...I don’t see any vloggers doing a telethon to save their homes or anything. No one is making anyone sign up for Patreon.
Not sure if you're excluding streamers, Josh (RTV1) has done something akin to this.
He started off enjoying the parks, now we don't ever see a stream from him in which he doesn't complain about money in some aspect, to which the donations start rolling in.

Not sure if you're excluding streamers, Josh (RTV1) has done something akin to this.
He started off enjoying the parks, now we don't ever see a stream from him in which he doesn't complain about money in some aspect, to which the donations start rolling in.
Sorry, yeah, I was leaving out TikTokers and Streamers because yes, those people are actual grifters.

Maybe it is just the Southerner in me, but if you are going to ask for money, at least pretend no one has any obligation.

But going to the park to stream and threatening to shut the whole witch down if you don’t get more subs? That I have a problem with.

MC Startup Expenses:

I believe Alan set up the LLC for MC, there are numerous expenses with that, some of which are ongoing annual charges with filing deadlines to meet.
If they didn't do it themselves, they paid a service company to do it for them, that's another hefty charge.

I believe they bought new phones and mics. Doesn't mean they've learned to use them yet 🤣

Annual passes for all three of them. Most likely Max has the DL/WDW pairing, but Molly and Alan only have WDW.

Design - logo as well as clothing. They paid for that.

I agree the expenses have been minimal, but they do exist, it wasn't as simple as just setting up a camera and running with it.
---
Post-starup: add on the Human expense of Editors as well as the trips, dining and purchases.
Annual passes seem like the biggest expense there, unless they paid an attorney to do the LLC stuff.
Per person that's a couple/few thousand dollars at most.
Which I don't know if they just announced the name and once some money rolled in then set things up?
At any rate, that's not much as far as setting up a business. It's not like they needed to get certifications or licensing or take exams or lease office space or vehicles.
---
In Molly’s defense, I also get pretty annoyed when people ask me if I want children, and I wish I could just shut the conversation down like that.

I also say this as someone who is bored with Mammoth Club and haven’t actively watched a video in two months or so (and this goes for all Disney vloggers): if people are foolish enough to give so much money a month to people who vacation for a living, then that is really not the fault of the vlogger. The product being sold to them is not misrepresented, and I don’t see any vloggers doing a telethon to save their homes or anything. No one is making anyone sign up for Patreon.
I get it but to me that's kind of a problem with their whole club thing (and most of these vloggers). They want you to think they're your friend. I've certainly asked friends if they were considering kids and we had a conversation about it.

Reactions: 2
Annual passes seem like the biggest expense there, unless they paid an attorney to do the LLC stuff.
Per person that's a couple/few thousand dollars at most.
Which I don't know if they just announced the name and once some money rolled in then set things up?
At any rate, that's not much as far as setting up a business. It's not like they needed to get certifications or licensing or take exams or lease office space or vehicles.
---

I get it but to me that's kind of a problem with their whole club thing (and most of these vloggers). They want you to think they're your friend. I've certainly asked friends if they were considering kids and we had a conversation about it.
I agree that is a problem caused by letting your subscribers think they are your friends, and I saw Kitra give the same answer to that very question but do it much more politely.

But on a human level, I don’t really even want my friends asking me that casually because I think it is such a deeply personal question and has a long, involved answer.

I agree that is a problem caused by letting your subscribers think they are your friends, and I saw Kitra give the same answer to that very question but do it much more politely.

But on a human level, I don’t really even want my friends asking me that casually because I think it is such a deeply personal question and has a long, involved answer.
That's OK and to me for a real friend, having them say to me, "That's not something I want to talk about" should be OK too.

I had such high hopes for Molly on her own - she was my absolute fave (thus my Tattle user name) - but I have not watched a video of hers in about 3 months. I want to. But none of them interest me enough to watch.

And this will probably sound awful, so expect and accept the flack I will get for this - but I don't want to know Molly McAwesome's personal thoughts or views on politics or the world around us. I also don't want to know about Molly's personal life.

I want WDW and Universal content.

Like today - I can only assume from the "nut-pack" icepack that Alan had on Instagram today and the "recovery" and then some of the comments below the post, was to let us know that these "Childless Millennials" or "Disney-Adults" had decided to have Alan get a vasectomy. TMI.

I want to know when Rock N Roller Coaster comes back from refurb, not that Alan had his junk snipped.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
They're teetering into TimTracker territory with this TMI tidbit. The anti-Tracker by being anti-kid.

They didn't even have to mention yet they did and yet she gets bothered when people ask her is she's having kids.

Reactions: 8
I had such high hopes for Molly on her own - she was my absolute fave (thus my Tattle user name) - but I have not watched a video of hers in about 3 months. I want to. But none of them interest me enough to watch.

And this will probably sound awful, so expect and accept the flack I will get for this - but I don't want to know Molly McAwesome's personal thoughts or views on politics or the world around us. I also don't want to know about Molly's personal life.

Like today - I can only assume from the "nut-pack" icepack that Alan had on Instagram today and the "recovery" and then some of the comments below the post, was to let us know that these "Childless Millennials" or "Disney-Adults" had decided to have Alan get a vasectomy. TMI.

I want to know when Rock N Roller Coaster comes back from refurb, not that Alan had his junk snipped.
This exactly. Some of the YouTubers/social media folk want this faux friendship to pat them on the back, want your email and other info to market to you as if your friend is recommending something but then act offended if you actually expect something you might from friends. That's their choice, but then drop the whole "I'm your friend" business.

I agree that if you say XYZ is what you're presenting, then present that. I don't care what coffee you get in the morning, where your outfit came from, or your favorite movie.

Reactions: 4

Yes, thank you! They are not my friends, and I just want to watch theme park videos. I don’t want to know about their personal lives beyond very shallow stuff as it pertains to the theme parks.

But instead I watch what I expect to be another cooking video on Instagram and get to hear all about Alan’s testicles. Which also gives me a window into their sex lives I really do not want.

So thanks, Mammoth Club! Putting those Patreon dollars to work.
---
They're teetering into TimTracker territory with this TMI tidbit. The anti-Tracker by being anti-kid.

They didn't even have to mention yet they did and yet she gets bothered when people ask her is she's having kids.
Yes, I have to retract what I said earlier. Obviously she should not be such a pill about her to right to privacy if they are going to post her husband’s ball ice pack for the world to see.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I will say I appreciate him stepping up and not expecting Molly to be the one responsible for meds or procedures.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes, thank you! They are not my friends, and I just want to watch theme park videos. I don’t want to know about their personal lives beyond very shallow stuff as it pertains to the theme parks.

But instead I watch what I expect to be another cooking video on Instagram and get to hear all about Alan’s testicles. Which also gives me a window into their sex lives I really do not want.

So thanks, Mammoth Club! Putting those Patreon dollars to work.
---

Yes, I have to retract what I said earlier. Obviously she should not be such a pill about her to right to privacy if they are going to post her husband’s ball ice pack for the world to see.
I’m all for people having boundaries, but it blows my mind that she was so aggressive about people asking about it in streams and AMAs and yet Alan goes ahead and posts this. If we don’t have a right to ask about the state of her uterus, then why are we getting this insight into the state of his testicles? It’s like his cheeky posts about his proposal to Molly at Disney that they said they would never, ever share the details of because it was too personal and would be tarnished by sharing with the hordes of club members who are strangers. Maybe Alan wants to share more, but Molly is holding him back? It seems kind of like haha duck kids, when they just spent 10 days in California with their nieces and nephews, just from a content point of view.
---
I was just looking at the comments and Alan added this. Of course this a great opportunity to normalize talking about your health. As a woman who doesn’t want kids herself, I would have loved Molly to seize the opportunity to explain why she does not want to have them. Especially now it appears fertility was not the issue. She could have clarified that it was a choice and normalized women making that choice. Instead of yelling at anybody who asked and leaving people to make assumptions about what they may or may not have been struggling with.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’m all for people having boundaries, but it blows my mind that she was so aggressive about people asking about it in streams and AMAs and yet Alan goes ahead and posts this. If we don’t have a right to ask about the state of her uterus, then why are we getting this insight into the state of his testicles? It’s like his cheeky posts about his proposal to Molly at Disney that they said they would never, ever share the details of because it was too personal and would be tarnished by sharing with the hordes of club members who are strangers. Maybe Alan wants to share more, but Molly is holding him back? It seems kind of like haha duck kids, when they just spent 10 days in California with their nieces and nephews, just from a content point of view.
1. They each have agency to decide what they want to share about their lives. As you said, maybe Alan is more open about these things than Molly.
2. Sharing this information doesn't answer one form of the more painful questions asked, which is "do you want kids?" Maybe they do but there is a medical reason why they can't or shouldn't.
3. There is a difference between being asked a personal question and sharing information by choice.
4. Women are much more harshly judged for not having children or wanting children than men are. The question hits differently when being asked of a woman.
5. You can love kids and still not want to have any of your own.
6. Sharing this information still doesn't make it ok to ask follow up questions like why they chose not to have children.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.