MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i’m childfree so i’m gonna tread lightly here lol..i read the article and she says when she was hired she was told it would
be the hardest job she’ll ever have, and that from the beginning she was willing to go the extra mile and put in all the hours. when she came back from maternity leave she admitted that she had changed, but that her job was not willing to change for her. i’m not seeing how thats toxic so much as her priorities (understandably) changed? maybe there’s more she didn’t want to say.

but interesting she chose to speak up like that.

Reactions: 4
It is a little suss that none of the diverse cast at AllEars seem to last too long…..
I noticed when Hannah was stilll part of the cast Quincy would leave her out all the time
She’d mention only Emma and Fry bucket as her friends quite often in front of Hannah and I found it not only rude but unprofessional
Doesn’t matter if Quincy gets along better with others…. You don’t go publicly leaving one coworker out in every video speech you do !

Reactions: 7
i’m childfree so i’m gonna tread lightly here lol..i read the article and she says when she was hired she was told it would
be the hardest job she’ll ever have, and that from the beginning she was willing to go the extra mile and put in all the hours. when she came back from maternity leave she admitted that she had changed, but that her job was not willing to change for her. i’m not seeing how thats toxic so much as her priorities (understandably) changed? maybe there’s more she didn’t want to say.

but interesting she chose to speak up like that.
Yeah, not discounting what she said, but given what they said the job was at the start, and since YouTube is mostly about getting stuff out quickly, it's not hard to figure out that's not going to change. Not blaming her, but if you're answering Slack, texts, calls late into the night, that's what they're going to expect. I mean, were there supposed to be specific work hours?

I’m not even super interested in the ins and outs of picking apart Morgan’s situation. What got my ears perked up was the peek behind the facade at DFB/AllEars, as I had suspected for a while there was drama. Morgan, Miranda, & Molly all in less than a year. This does make me view Molly’s refusals to badmouth DFB or AJ as more self-disciplined now.

Regardless of specifics, she, Morgan, & Miranda are all in agreement on Insta about the general principle, and goodness knows that no matter how anyone views Molly, no one could look at their catalog of content and accuse her of not working enough whike she was at AllEars. Makes me think the problem was probably not Morgan. Too many things pointing in the other direction.

Last edited:
@MagicalMusings i think my point was more, it sounds like morgan just didn’t want to do the job she signed up for anymore, and that’s her right, but that doesn’t make a workplace toxic. again maybe there’s more that happened. no one’s making it her fault but that’s a heavy accusation against all ears for just being expected to go back to her original job duties.

yeah it looks sus that three of them left so quickly, and they might all be in agreement, but if morgan’s version is how we’re judging the work environment, i’m not convinced. but i’m sure we’ll never know the whole story.

Reactions: 1
I’m not even super interested in the ins and outs of picking apart Morgan’s situation. What got my ears perked up was the peek behind the facade at DFB/AllEars, as I had suspected for a while there was drama. Morgan, Miranda, & Molly all in less than a year. This does make me view Molly’s refusals to badmouth DFB or AJ as more self-disciplined now.
Bacily if your name starts with an M you will leave all ears within a year !

• Haha
@bellevueloungers I can see those concerns. And please don’t take this as I hate AllEars; we never stopped watching them when we added Mammoth Club, and I enjoy a lot of the personalities.

But man oh man, I just found another piece she wrote on the topic, and to me (maybe it’s just me, and that’s fine), it really feels like AJ and her results-only system —as listed on Cambrick Yard’s info— could really be the root of the problem here. This piece mentions 15 hrs on a holiday, 10 hrs a day w/ no lunch break being typical, and Morgan and “a coworker” (Molly? My guess, not sure) daring to mention they were getting exhausted only for their boss (guessing AJ) to berate them and tell them they were lucky, wear them down to tears, then later apologize, only to start the cycle over again. Oof.

Also, to @NateHate Melizza was gone for a really long time, way before Molly left, and she has a lot of brands working with her (not surprising, given her bubbly personality and knack for aesthetics, filming, etc.), so my best guess is she saw the input-for-output wasn’t working in her favor, knew her value, and quickly chose a different path. Also, fun fact: Melizza happened to be one of the first people to cheer Molly on when she posted her initial “Guess the shark’s out of the cage” leaving-her-position Instagram post. Another part of the pattern of ex-employees supporting each other when they’ve left.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Another day, another photoshopped picture of the same pose as always, pretending she doesn't have chunky legs
1683199606810.png

• Haha
@bellevueloungers I can see those concerns. And please don’t take this as I hate AllEars; we never stopped watching them when we added Mammoth Club, and I enjoy a lot of the personalities.

But man oh man, I just found another piece she wrote on the topic, and to me (maybe it’s just me, and that’s fine), it really feels like AJ and her results-only system —as listed on Cambrick Yard’s info— could really be the root of the problem here. This piece mentions 15 hrs on a holiday, 10 hrs a day w/ no lunch break being typical, and Morgan and “a coworker” (Molly? My guess, not sure) daring to mention they were getting exhausted only for their boss (guessing AJ) to berate them and tell them they were lucky, wear them down to tears, then later apologize, only to start the cycle over again. Oof.

Also, to @NateHate Melizza was gone for a really long time, way before Molly left, and she has a lot of brands working with her (not surprising, given her bubbly personality and knack for aesthetics, filming, etc.), so my best guess is she saw the input-for-output wasn’t working in her favor, knew her value, and quickly chose a different path. Also, fun fact: Melizza happened to be one of the first people to cheer Molly on when she posted her initial “Guess the shark’s out of the cage” leaving-her-position Instagram post. Another part of the pattern of ex-employees supporting each other when they’ve left.
This puts an interesting spin on the whole,” Molly betrayed AJ and Allears and abandoned her lovely friend Quincy” narrative, that is often pushed here.
---
I speak as someone who also quit an extremely toxic “dream” job about 10 years ago. No amount of money or status could compensate for the endless demands made of me at all hours of day and night.

I once got a phone call at 2am from my boss in Singapore demanding I quickly produce a spreadsheet for a meeting he was walking into.

It’s not worth it.

Good for Morgan and Molly and every other person who refused to be badgered this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Think that picture of Molly is just clever posing/camera angles - the fence isn’t distorted at all.

On another note, I know this isn’t an AllEars thread, but why the duck has that lass called herself Fry Bucket? Gives me “Cum Dumpster” vibes, honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Trying to be fair, I'm not sure why people think if their job is X that the job will change into something else because they want it to.

That job is going to the parks and filming stuff to get out quickly and as clickbaity as possible. The job descriptions bear that out. I don't think it's a surprise that it's terrible working for them.

We've all been at places like that. And some jobs/employers just require a lot of time. Most of us just look for and acquire another job when it stops suiting us because the place isn't going to change.

And, to be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would see it as a dream job. Because you go to the parks as part of it? Even the much praised Iger doesn't find himself in the parks that much.

Okay, wow. I don’t know if this will be as interesting to others as it was to me (and my hubby, who usually isn’t deep into gossip, but has found the whole AllEars/Disney Food Blog/Mammoth Club dynamic kinda wacky), but I did a little digging on a hunch, and was met with more dirt than I expected to find.

I had a weird feeling that with RJ getting more time on the conversation-style videos (love that for him, he’s a fave!), it was being done for a reason. I think RJay always adds fun and energy, but hubby and I used to complain he was *underused*. Suddenly, more of him. Why now, and not before for so long?

First thing I found was exactly what I (unfortunately) expected. Looked back through vids and no Miranda or Hannah for quite a while. Confirmed through socials that Miranda is definitely gone, and it appears Hannah is, too. Not clear on quitting/firing. (Keep Miranda’s exit in mind for a sec.) With both of them gone, AJ likely realized the need for the same continued level of diversity in the on-screen prepared vids and let RJay do more. Glad he’s at least getting more time.

All of this leads my husband to say, “Hey, whatever happened to what’s-her-face who started RTT with Molly on AllEars?” I said, “Oh tit, you’re right. Morgan. She hasn’t been on screen in forever.” I wondered if she was just staying behind the scenes, as most of her job was already BTS.

No. No, she was not. She left, and not only that— Sweet, shy Morgan freakin’ TORCHED AJ. Publicly. Not by name, mind you, but everybody can easily connect the timeline dots. She wrote an article for Every Mom on why she had to quit her toxic job.

Then she shared it on her Instagram (morganvflaherty), saying that she had been nervous to raise her voice and share her experience, but was glad in the end that she did. Not only did Molly praise her with hearts in the comments, but— here’s the kicker— Miranda responded as well, with “Preach.” and 3 fire emojis.

Now I need to know more!!
---

On a somewhat related note, despite YouTube commenters loving RTT (Remember the time…) shows, they very pointedly said they‘re putting it on hiatus (but I think they’re probably secretly really ending it and just didn’t want to cause whatever small amount of backlash that might cause when they can probably just fade it out with the word “hiatus” and then people will forget anyway).

Is this because it was started by Molly & Morgan (this was stated on-screen more than once, and the idea was also referred to as their ”baby”)? Now Morgan is gone, and so is RTT.
Thanks for sharing this. I have always wanted to know the real story of the drama because while I think people were quick to criticize Molly, AJ was just sort of left off the hook.

I also kind of wonder if maybe that is why all of the newer people skew younger. You have people in their 20’s who desperately need their jobs or maybe don’t even know better so they won’t speak up when they are being taken advantage of.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for sharing this. I have always wanted to know the real story of the drama because while I think people were quick to criticize Molly, AJ was just sort of left off the hook.

I also kind of wonder if maybe that is why all of the newer people skew younger. You have people in their 20’s who desperately need their jobs or maybe don’t even know better so they won’t speak up when they are being taken advantage of.
When you're in your 20s, you don't have family, your friends come from work, especially if you've moved somewhere for the job. I think some of these folks thought the job would be they get to do whatever at the parks, hang out, and write a few articles and do some videos. Not have to do it on a deadline quickly. I mean, even Molly and their stan money has been mentioned here as saying it's hard to get everything out on the I can only assume lighter load than AllEars had. My thought is now that she's doing her own thing, and there isn't an infrastructure (other than the Discord structure to do the part of their job that is coming up with ideas) she realizes some of that was probably necessary to keep the schedule they were on. Not saying AE had a good schedule, but that's what I've got.

This. And also agree with whoever commented on the name “Fry bucket”. It’s such an ugly name
Conjuring weird images. I get it if you don’t want to use your own name, but something slightly less gross would be better. Maybe even shorten to “Fry”

to be fair i'm not sure we can say it's the real story; it's one person's perception of her experience, and we've not heard AJ's side. i'm just not sure it's all ears' fault--sounded like the job expectations were clear from the beginning and she just didnt want to fulfill them anymore.

either way she sounds happier now and we know molly is while raking in all of her patreon money every month :LOL:

Reactions: 3
to be fair i'm not sure we can say it's the real story; it's one person's perception of her experience, and we've not heard AJ's side. i'm just not sure it's all ears' fault--sounded like the job expectations were clear from the beginning and she just didnt want to fulfill them anymore.

either way she sounds happier now and we know molly is while raking in all of her patreon money every month :LOL:
The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.
That said, I get the feeling AJ is a hard ass to work for and not a person I could have a conversation with and take as a person who cares about anything more than her own self interest.

Reactions: 5
The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.
That said, I get the feeling AJ is a hard ass to work for and not a person I could have a conversation with and take as a person who cares about anything more than her own self interest.
Yeah, and as has been mentioned, she as near as we can tell hasn't been to a park herself in years.

Oh crap, I mentioned Hannah in my first post, but left her out of the next one when mentioning departures of Molly, Miranda, & Morgan within less than a year. So it’s actually 4, not 3.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.