MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I say it a lot. But how have they still not learnt how to use clip on mics. In the Haunted mansion video you can hear more background noise than them.

Read the damn manual and learn basic audio production.

Reactions: 3
I know I say it a lot. But how have they still not learnt how to use clip on mics. In the Haunted mansion video you can hear more background noise than them.

Read the damn manual and learn basic audio production.
The only clue I'll give is those mics aren't directional.

The only clue I'll give is those mics aren't directional.
If you fancy checking them out they are DJI Mics.

Im pretty sure they have them set up wrong so the build in camera mic levels high and the levels on the clip ons are to low. So all you hear is background noise.

I've seen the DJI stuff. It's pretty good, especially for the price. Again, making $30k+/month (which I don't), they can pay someone to sort it out or take some courses.

Reactions: 1
I've seen the DJI stuff. It's pretty good, especially for the price. Again, making $30k+/month (which I don't), they can pay someone to sort it out or take some courses.
Lots of info out there for free YouTube about how to use and setup the equipment. They don't need to spend a penny of their patrion money.

Lots of info out there for free YouTube about how to use and setup the equipment. They don't need to spend a penny of their patrion money.
What should they spend it on? What's the point of having a business if you don't invest money back into it? That's not a business, that's a hobby.

They're making $30k+ from stans and elsewhere per month. They need better equipment. They reluctantly buy inexpensive equipment when they can buy better stuff. They apparently get zero professional help - that they can easily afford - to use said reluctantly purchased gear. I don't know how else to state it.

What should they spend it on? What's the point of having a business if you don't invest money back into it? That's not a business, that's a hobby.
They've invested the money, now they just need to invest the time. They don't need to spend money to learn how to use the equipment they bought. Not all revenue needs to be invested back in. Business is about profit too. They have the equipment they need they just need to learn how to use it. I am not sure they have to hire someone to teach them. About an hour of YouTube videos should give them enough information.

They've invested the money, now they just need to invest the time. They don't need to spend money to learn how to use the equipment they bought. Not all revenue needs to be invested back in. Business is about profit too. They have the equipment they need they just need to learn how to use it. I am not sure they have to hire someone to teach them. About an hour of YouTube videos should give them enough information.
A couple hundred bucks isn't an investment, that's bare minimum. At what they're making, what I'm saying is they CAN hire a real pro in the industry, not a YouTuber, who could show them how to REALLY up their game, but they don't want to spend but the barest of the money on equipment and education.

They're making $30k+ from stans and elsewhere per month. They need better equipment. They reluctantly buy inexpensive equipment when they can buy better stuff. They apparently get zero professional help - that they can easily afford - to use said reluctantly purchased gear. I don't know how else to state it.
They're using a $300+ set of wireless microphones. Yeah they could get something better in the $1000 range, but it is really unnecessary. They could have gone with a set of Rode wireless microphones for a little less and they might have been better. From what I have read up on the DJI microphones is that they sound great when you talk right into them, but when you clip them on a shirt, they kinda suck. I see they are recording on a cell phone. Though many cell phones record better videos than some cameras these days. They would probably be better with just a simple lav mic that is wired and plugs into the phone (via an adapter).

Just took a look at their Haunted Mansion thing. The type of mic they look like they're using seems to be one of those that's designed to be clipped on a shirt, but not designed for noisy environments. Spending like $200 on your $350k or so business is a joke. People use businessname@gmail addresses but will spend real money elsewhere. Video and audio are their business, so they should spend some more.

One of the first things they teach you in any audio production class is those clip on mics are really only for things like public speaking or interviews or other things where the room is relatively quiet beyond the people on mic. And not that every YouTuber should be expected to take production classes (I mean, they probably should), any information you look up online will tell you that as well.

I think the confusing thing is if they aren’t going to invest in a good directional mic (which they should) why can’t she at least just do whatever she was doing back in the AllEars days? The sound was fine back then. I am guessing they assume because they spent more money on those mics that means they are better?

Not to mention it is a business. All that tit is a tax write-off for them.

Last edited:
Molly claims this is her without any makeup on. More like toned down makeup. Look's better than the caked on makeup she usually has on.

molly.JPG

Reactions: 6
Just took a look at their Haunted Mansion thing. The type of mic they look like they're using seems to be one of those that's designed to be clipped on a shirt, but not designed for noisy environments. Spending like $200 on your $350k or so business is a joke. People use businessname@gmail addresses but will spend real money elsewhere. Video and audio are their business, so they should spend some more.
They should talk to Brewzle on YouTube. He uses the same microphones but actually knows how to use them.

I think the confusing thing is if they aren’t going to invest in a good directional mic (which they should) why can’t she at least just do whatever she was doing back in the AllEars days? The sound was fine back then. I am guessing they assume because they spent more money on those mics that means they are better?
I guess that dowses some water on the whole "Molly was the brainchild of everything video at AllEars" idea.

Molly claims this is her without any makeup on. More like toned down makeup. Look's better than the caked on makeup she usually has on.

View attachment 2123611
I like the "no makeup" look. She probably has a little eye liner, coverup and foundation in this pic. Molly is around 35/36. This look has her looking like she's a crisp 30, if not younger.

The signature sloppy lipstick and heavilly painted eyes makes her look older.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
mollys only 34. the lighter makeup helps. when i first started watching her i thought she was mid-late 40s. 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.