MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel you. The challenges get old. Especially if the mechanics behind the challenge never change. For example how many times are we going to have to "lol" over a bleeping game of rock paper scissors? How many more bleeping charcuterie boards am I going to have to watch you eat?

I'm saying it, it's official. Molly is just another grifter. Oh, Nanaaa!
---

They left it on Max's twitch because they did the math. If you didn't know, the lead up to Molly's departure, she was slowly building a private following of AllEarsNet viewers, essentially pilfering AJ's following to make her own. This was helpful in a few ways. One, she saw that a large enough percentage of AllEarsNet viewers was willing to follow her off YouTube and engage with non AllEarsNet content. That's what all those original AMA's and "fun" game streams were for. It was at this point that AJ should have just canned her for cajoling her hard earned audience off-site as a means to redirect revenue into her own pocket, but that's besides the matter... though let's be real, stuff like this is exactly where non-compete contracts make perfect sense. AJ either wasn't smart enough to think ahead, or was just asleep at the wheel as this unfolded. But anyway, they left the twitch stuff on Max's channel because that channel was part of the ruse. The cover for her nefarious audience thievery was that she was just "going on her friend Max's stream". Max, though having appeared on AllEarsNet, was not officially employed by AllEarsNet. So oddly, it was like a loophole where Molly could get private time alone with the AllEarsNet viewership without directly appearing to be underhanded. But oh, it definitely was. When the time finally came and Molly "walked away", she walked away having already curated thousands of stans willing to give her their Twitch stream Prime subscriptions because, "it's basically free!" Max's channel having already been the established home base logically became the place to receive those Twitch dollars. Who knows, I don't stream, it could have even been that to get those free Prime subscriptions you had to have existed as a channel for a certain length of time, and they didn't want to wait. Why Max wouldn't just change the name of his twitch stream, I dunno, conceit maybe? He already had a little guild of followers just from being the "Mr. Toad guy" on AllEarsNet, so I guess he wants to keep them as his own, so to speak.
---
Another redundant thing is the Molly AMA's. She literally never answers any bleeping questions. She's not open at all, she's a closed off box, akin to a wall-safe. Like we were just saying, she has like a little bullet list of character traits she leans on; cliche "gags" and call-backs. Kind of like a bad sitcom character. George is getting upset!

Speaking of which, one question always comes up: "Why did you leave AllEarsNet and was it on good terms?" Ever notice that she never bleeping answers that second part? Reflect on all I posited there, and I'd say it's not hard to understand why. She always just answers "Who wouldn't leave to start their own company?" Christ, the narcissism. Her greed not only implicit in her answer, but there's a self-justification revealed in that: "I'm gonna duck over everyone I've claimed to love and care about, because that's what everyone else would do!" Sorry, lady, I couldn't disagree more.
---
Molly, I know you read this: enjoy your ill gotten gains. I hope you have so much money that you don't even know what to do with it all, and that it actually pains you, and eventually turns you into some kind of Gollum hag.
I really do not understand this stealing an audience thing. Molly built a brand on Allears, she realized she could make more profit going solo with her husband and friend, and the audience who had grown to like her followed her.

Even if she started at Allears with the intention of launching her own channel, I am not sure why that matters. Most on-air personalities and business people do the same thing.

Most importantly, people are free to watch and follow whichever channels they want. If they are getting bored with Allears and drifting elsewhere, that is Allears’s problem and they need to find someone who can properly replace Molly.

There are plenty of reasons to criticize Molly, but I am not sure why being a competent business person is one of them.

And bleeping over everyone she loved and cared about? Allears was a job. They were not her close and personal friends. Do I like my job? Sure, it’s fine. Would I leave to start my own company if I had the capital and consumer base? In a heartbeat. Is that bleeping over the company? Well, maybe, but also it is not my company and therefore not my responsibility to ensure it remains profitable.

Also, I would not then go and publicly bad mouth them either. That seems like a perfectly adult way to handle the situation.

Reactions: 13
I really do not understand this stealing an audience thing. Molly built a brand on Allears, she realized she could make more profit going solo with her husband and friend, and the audience who had grown to like her followed her.

Even if she started at Allears with the intention of launching her own channel, I am not sure why that matters. Most on-air personalities and business people do the same thing.

Most importantly, people are free to watch and follow whichever channels they want. If they are getting bored with Allears and drifting elsewhere, that is Allears’s problem and they need to find someone who can properly replace Molly.

There are plenty of reasons to criticize Molly, but I am not sure why being a competent business person is one of them.

And bleeping over everyone she loved and cared about? Allears was a job. They were not her close and personal friends. Do I like my job? Sure, it’s fine. Would I leave to start my own company if I had the capital and consumer base? In a heartbeat. Is that bleeping over the company? Well, maybe, but also it is not my company and therefore not my responsibility to ensure it remains profitable.

Also, I would not then go and publicly bad mouth them either. That seems like a perfectly adult way to handle the situation.
It falls more on AJ than Molly. If Molly had a noncompete she would've been forced to stick mainly to social media and putting content behind patreon paywall. Her social media took off after she left from the brand she built. Unless I misremember Molly didn't have a public account on social media outside of allears until close to the end so maybe that was the writing on the wall that she was getting ready to leave and starting to migrate the followers to her. Maybe she was testing the limits and AJ had a problem with it but she had already seen the potential and decided to jump. She has made it clear she didnt think it would be as successful as it has been so I dont think her plan was as nefarious as some might think. The timing and her personality worked. She had the following and she was posting a lot so it wasnt like she disappeared and then perfectly laid the groundwork for look out for whats coming next with very little time inbetween Mammoth and allears. It would be interesting to see in another timeline if having a noncompete wouldve just driven the anticipation for her return and made Mammoth even bigger than it is or if a year or two of being off Youtube wouldve made it harder for people to find her if they hadnt forgotten.

Reactions: 8
NateHate, you're acting like this is all very personal and that Molly has personally victimized her family and friends.

It's WORK. People you work with are not family, they are not who you are personally, inextricably intertwined with. They are coworkers, in a business relationship. Frankly, it's weird af to act like work is family. It's not, and it's incredibly toxic to pretend like it is. Ew.

Reactions: 14
NateHate, you're acting like this is all very personal and that Molly has personally victimized her family and friends.

It's WORK. People you work with are not family, they are not who you are personally, inextricably intertwined with. They are coworkers, in a business relationship. Frankly, it's weird af to act like work is family. It's not, and it's incredibly toxic to pretend like it is. Ew.
I guess Molly is just a good actress and more fake than initially imagined then, her report with Quincy and Breedlove seemed like genuine friendship.

I guess Molly is just a good actress and more fake than initially imagined then, her report with Quincy and Breedlove seemed like genuine friendship.
Have you ever worked? I'm friendly with co-workers and peers at work; we banter and have fun and work really hard together, but it's rooted in a business relationship. It's very normal for healthy adults with healthy boundaries lol.

Reactions: 7
I do believe she's not personable though. I noticed that she has a lot of quirks and personality traits similar to Katy Perry.

I came across a video to Katy with Luke Bryan and Twitter and I could see the similarities between her and Molly.

Did she make up a character? Probably. I mean, she's not the only one.

A lot of Disney vloggers and live streamers are fake but at least they try to be personal with their fans.

Reactions: 5
Molly stole nothing from AllEars. She brought to them methods that they still use to this day. She brought to them thousands of viewers in who are still watching AllEars to this day.
I get what you're saying, but in reality we do not know who came up with specific ideas that are now in use at both AllEars and MC.
I think the reality is she had an idea or two and likely each of the people there had an idea or two and now they both use all of them.
---
Have you ever worked? I'm friendly with co-workers and peers at work; we banter and have fun and work really hard together, but it's rooted in a business relationship. It's very normal for healthy adults with healthy boundaries lol.
Are you saying if people make friends from where they work they're unhealthy? I've made plenty of friends from places I've worked and places outside of work. I can't be the only one here. In my experience, a ton of business happens because people are friends.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but in reality we do not know who came up with specific ideas that are now in use at both AllEars and MC.
I think the reality is she had an idea or two and likely each of the people there had an idea or two and now they both use all of them.
---

Are you saying if people make friends from where they work they're unhealthy? I've made plenty of friends from places I've worked and places outside of work. I can't be the only one here. In my experience, a ton of business happens because people are friends.
I'm saying the idea of work people being a family is unhealthy and boundaries are important. Work is a business transaction. I've made work friends from work, that become real-life friends once our transactional relationship has changed. If you can't separate those things, that's unhealthy.

The way this other poster is framing Molly as a grifter who cheated her family out of something is wild - you can be friendly at work, most work relies on interpersonal relationships. They aren't family; they're coworkers.

Reactions: 5
What is wrong with acting? Every decent vlogging channel is putting on a show and that requires a degree of acting. If you want to call acting fake, go right ahead. To me Fake = lies, and I see nothing deceitful in what Molly did at AllEars. She never pretended it wasn't her job.

We get it. You adore AllEars and are pissed off at Molly for leaving.
Don't go pretending that the AllEars staff isn't also acting and, as you call it, fake.

Reactions: 9
Molly like all bloggers has her on screen persona. Where I do think Molly differs is her real emotions do show some times and shows she is more genuine than most.

I think she does have anxiety when in the parks and trying to be Jolly smiley Molly all the time is her front.
I have my criticisms of MAM. But I can see what looks like Mollys genuine anxiety and emotions some times

Reactions: 4
If you can't separate those things, that's unhealthy.
Who said anything about not being able to distinguish the two? Doesn't mean I can't work with or for or hire friends.

What is wrong with acting? Every decent vlogging channel is putting on a show and that requires a degree of acting. If you want to call acting fake, go right ahead. To me Fake = lies, and I see nothing deceitful in what Molly did at AllEars. She never pretended it wasn't her job.

We get it. You adore AllEars and are pissed off at Molly for leaving.
Don't go pretending that the AllEars staff isn't also acting and, as you call it, fake.
Yes, they're all fake, but they all do try to portray themselves as if the audience should take them as best friends, not simply co-workers assigned to the same job. And isn't that the whole vibe of the "club"? Being friends?

Who said anything about not being able to distinguish the two? Doesn't mean I can't work with or for or hire friends.

Yes, they're all fake, but they all do try to portray themselves as if the audience should take them as best friends, not simply co-workers assigned to the same job. And isn't that the whole vibe of the "club"? Being friends?
Yike. Okay, enjoy your messy boundaries! (y)

Reactions: 1
They're not newscasters tapping their pile of notes on the desk as they wrap up a segment and toss it "over to you Jim". How awkward would that be to behave like that in the parks? Of course they act like friends. It's all in the name of entertainment.

Don't confuse the vlog acting with the discord interactions. Those are two very different things.

The weird part to me is how HateNate has an obsession with Molly he or she won't let go. It passed the creepy barrier when they announced their sexual fantasies with Quincy, and it's becoming more clear that it also involved Molly. I have a bit of concern about his/her fantasized connection to these vloggers... unless it really is AJ, still bitter over Molly's leaving, in which case my advice comes from Elsa: let it go.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Life isn't all separated into separate drawers or compartments. There's overlap. I guess all the small businesses I see that are run by families are doing it all wrong.
---
Life isn't all separated into separate drawers or compartments. There's overlap. I guess all the small businesses I see that are run by families are doing it all wrong.
Responding to myself here, but I guess Roy and Walt shouldn't have started a business together, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Sorry, this page kind of became a blur of Molly dick riding, and my eyes kind of glazed over, I didn't really pay attention to much anyone here said.

But I can say that I'm right. And you're not. I get it. You're mostly Molly fans here. This feels like thread two of the Mr. Morrow series. Most people were still defending him back then. That's where Molly is now. By thread ten you'll all be singing a different tune, and I will be vindicated.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry, this page kind of became a blur of Molly dick riding, and my eyes kind of glazed over, I didn't really pay attention to much anyone here said.

But I can say that I'm right. And you're not. I get it. You're mostly Molly fans here. This feels like thread two of the Mr. Morrow series. Most people were still defending him back then. That's where Molly is now. By thread ten you'll all be singing a different tune, and I will be vindicated.
She’s a heinous witch who stabbed her best friend Quincy in the back and threw her off a cliff before running over AJ’s cat all while laughing maniacally.

That better? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But, they don't read here, lol.
I'm not faulting her for taking a skip day. Just it seems odd to me that she'd go to share it with instagram. Isn't that more of a thing to call up your mom for? Or perhaps, if feeling a little antagonistic, tease your husband on?

By putting this out there she'll have stans copycatting her, reaching out with hugs of support. She's not sick, she said so, but she'll still get the good old "Aw, you deserve a down day" crap I see Jenn Tracker get. Note, I am NOT putting Molly and Jenn in the same boat, Jenn does the bare minimum and still feels she needs a down day. (I suppose Jenbo is the reason for this opinion.)

I know she's said she won't read here, but I think she does on occasion.

My opinion: she looks so much better without all the lipstick and eye makeup.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yeah, that's all meant to gin up the "you deserve it" and "you work so hard" comments.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.