Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the men accused - Gerald Marie - was married to Linda, who has said that she believes his accusers. It’s a shocking series with allegations over decades, and links to Epstein. It claims that powerful men have been preying on very young models, grooming and trafficking them for years.
Karen Mulder made allegations years ago I think and wasn’t believed

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Been watching…Gerald Marie was such a creep! And Casablancas to pot! Can’t believe Linda was married to him. He’s still denying any wrongdoing I believe?

Reactions: 1
While Linda Evangelista was undoubtedly a great model, I suspect that she married Gerald Marie solely because he was head of Elite modelling agency.
I do not believe that she would have got all the plum jobs and covers that she did - without being his wife. And that is in consideration of her partnership with Steven Meisel, too. I suspect that that marriage was like two ships in the night and neither gave a duck about what the other was doing - as long as each could keep on doing their own thing.

Reactions: 5
What do we think of Grace Elizabeth? She’s walked for big names like Chanel and also worked for Victoria’s Secret.
437085F1-43AC-4CA2-BA97-07F9B23BDA90.jpeg
B04A8A54-B51F-4BB9-911F-7C98C4131B03.jpeg
B15F5EED-941D-4BC1-BF53-FFE125C55A4A.jpeg

I personally think she’s really beautiful.

Reactions: 5
I watched the first couple of episodes of Scouting for Girls last night.Gerald Marie is a rapist pig and I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just watched the 1st two episodes of Scouting for Girls too and I find it utterly shocking. Gerald Marie was a horrific monster - one of many as it turns out. Has LE ever spoken about him or her experience of marriage with him? There must be significant trauma there, I don’t believe she was just turning a blind eye and letting him get on with raping and abusing women and girls.

Anybody read Michael Gross' book, The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women? Fantastic read. I'm sure there was a bit in there about GM having a stash of antibiotics in his fridge for whenever he caught an STI. :sick:

• Wow
Look up what happened to Karen Mulder when she tried to expose the abuse in the industry. GM and Elite are involved in her story. A 90’s super who ended up suicidal because of the abuse.

Reactions: 11
Anybody read Michael Gross' book, The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women? Fantastic read. I'm sure there was a bit in there about GM having a stash of antibiotics in his fridge for whenever he caught an STI. :sick:
I’ve not read it but the author was featured a lot in the programme, I think I’ll read it.
Such an eye-opener, and quite a few people saying that other than society being much more aware, the industry hasn’t really changed much since then.

I’ve not read it but the author was featured a lot in the programme, I think I’ll read it.
Such an eye-opener, and quite a few people saying that other than society being much more aware, the industry hasn’t really changed much since then.
Is the Netflix docu available in the UK? I might have to sign up just to watch it. 😊

Reactions: 2
This ties in so well with what I read some time ago. There were always rumors that there was a lot of sexual misconduct and abuse going on in the modeling industry, but when prominent models were asked, they could report witnessing nothing of the sort. The reason for this was supposedly that extremely high quality, high profile models, like Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, and Niomi Campbell were never touched because they were too valuable. Only girls a little lower in "rank" were abused. I guess Karen Mulder was an exception, and she was pushed into the category mentally unstable immediately. I really hope uncovering all of this, even decades later, helps shape the future of the industry for the better. Power will still corrupt many, but maybe enough people will learn to speak out when they witness a breach of conduct.

This ties in so well with what I read some time ago. There were always rumors that there was a lot of sexual misconduct and abuse going on in the modeling industry, but when prominent models were asked, they could report witnessing nothing of the sort. The reason for this was supposedly that extremely high quality, high profile models, like Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, and Niomi Campbell were never touched because they were too valuable. Only girls a little lower in "rank" were abused. I guess Karen Mulder was an exception, and she was pushed into the category mentally unstable immediately. I really hope uncovering all of this, even decades later, helps shape the future of the industry for the better. Power will still corrupt many, but maybe enough people will learn to speak out when they witness a breach of conduct.
I hope so too. The exploitation of these very young girls, the grooming of them and their families, some as young as 13, was unbelievable. And not just the sexual harassment, abuse and rape but also effectively trafficking them and enslaving them to the agency so that they had to work just to pay off the debts they’d accumulated.

Reactions: 2
The discussion of the horrible things the young models faced got me thinking of Coco Rocha - I know a few years ago she made it in her contract that she wouldn’t pose with religious iconography, she wouldn’t pose with a naked man, etc and she also started a modelling school or something similar where she makes sure young models know their rights etc. I wonder if this was inspired because of things she experienced in the industry at a young age. I remember she was in the front page of a newspaper and they said she might be too fat for runway.
Just to add she changed her contract at 21 because she became committed to her faith as a Jehovah’s Witness but because witnesses have be old enough to make their own decisions to commit I wonder if she was influenced by the industry. She’s been very outspoken about it and how they ask for size zero a lot. As part of her contract she won’t do nudity, lingerie and sheer clothing - she said back in 2013 “My list [of what I won’t do] compared with any other model’s is insane," Rocha explains. "No religious artifacts, no government artifacts. If I’m shooting with a male model, what is he exactly doing with me? What is he wearing? If I’m working with other models, what are they wearing? Are they playing something that I don’t want? In the beginning, the clients would say, ‘This is too much,’ but over time, the ones I liked kept working with me. They’d say, ‘It’s not too much. Coco can still be Coco. She still gives 100 percent when she’s on a photo shoot.’ It’s just my boobs aren’t out. And I don’t have a cigarette in my hand, and I’m not making out with a guy. And it’s all fine if you want to do that. I don’t judge. My besties do Victoria’s Secret. I just don’t do it.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Dose any one know why Snejana Onopka stopped working? she was always a fan favourite and she has a great walk, was it something to with her husband?

Dose any one know why Snejana Onopka stopped working? she was always a fan favourite and she has a great walk, was it something to with her husband?
She’s still working, she recently got lip fillers and it’s taken away from her look.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.