Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone follow Adriana Lima? I know she is pregnant, but something about her face is soo different...
She just looks puffy. Being pregnant and I suspect not wearing any make up, hence big sunglasses, just makes her look ordinary, but not bad as such.

I know I'm alone on this,but I've always thought Adriana Lima was a hugely overrated beauty.

Reactions: 7
I know I'm alone on this,but I've always thought Adriana Lima was a hugely overrated beauty.
i think the main aspect of it is she has the quintessential victoria's secret bombshell look, she just fit the brand SO WELL, rather than a high fashion look or masculine look etc

Reactions: 2
She has clearly had work done and pregnancy is exacerbating any effects with the swelling. She was absolutely insane looking in her day. It always intrigued me how she always went fit very plain looking dudes

Reactions: 3
I'm with you. There was definitely a moment for the voluptuously sexy VS bombshell (Miranda Kerr is another one), but I find it very bland.

I loved Erin Heatherton I thought she was stunning in her VS days. She has come out since and said that she was severely starving herself to make her measurements fit for the shows and was majorly depressed during that time. It’s actually crazy the amount of training these already stick thin women had to go through to fit the VS aesthetic. Wasn’t Gigi turned away multiple years until she starved herself and was thin enough. It’s actually crazy. Especially when you think back to VS of the 90s and 00 and picture Tyra and co parading the catwalk with their boobs jiggling. Like yes they were still thin but they were healthy looking. Not starved looking like the recent crop

Reactions: 10
Unpopular opinion but I’ve never though adriana Lima anything to rave about. She’s always looked very harsh to me even in her heyday.

Reactions: 5
I ws always fascinated by the relationship between Helena Christensen and Michael Hutchence. They were such an attractive couple but I'd heard that Helena was "as dull as a row of tents".

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i think the main aspect of it is she has the quintessential victoria's secret bombshell look, she just fit the brand SO WELL, rather than a high fashion look or masculine look etc
I also find her overrated, but I hate the masculine look and don't find those models beautiful at all (and actually resent the fact that they were held up as the epitome of beauty for so long) I actually find very very few models to be all that beautiful, I think that Miranda Kerr is absolutely gorgeous, as is Barbara Palvin, Christy Turlington, Helena Christensen, and one or two others. By and large, though, I think that there are far more really stunning actresses than there are models. Being very skinny does not equate to being beautiful.

Unpopular opinion but I’ve never though adriana Lima anything to rave about. She’s always looked very harsh to me even in her heyday.
I agree, though I prefer her to Allessandra Ambrosio whom I find really plain.

Reactions: 5
I ws always fascinated by the relationship between Helena Christensen and Michael Hutchence. They were such an attractive couple but I'd heard that Helena was "as dull as a row of tents".
Yes, I heard that even other models said that she is actually stupid.

Hasn't it been talked about (possibly in the documentary?) that his personality changed after he had the bike accident and that's when his and Helena's relationship went downhill?

Hasn't it been talked about (possibly in the documentary?) that his personality changed after he had the bike accident and that's when his and Helena's relationship went downhill?
I think so. He had a traumatic brain injury.

I also find her overrated, but I hate the masculine look and don't find those models beautiful at all (and actually resent the fact that they were held up as the epitome of beauty for so long) I actually find very very few models to be all that beautiful, I think that Miranda Kerr is absolutely gorgeous, as is Barbara Palvin, Christy Turlington, Helena Christensen, and one or two others. By and large, though, I think that there are far more really stunning actresses than there are models. Being very skinny does not equate to being beautiful.

I agree, though I prefer her to Allessandra Ambrosio whom I find really plain.
Yes, Alessandra is another one who's just the best looking girl in her tennis club. No more than that.

• Haha
Yes, Alessandra is another one who's just the best looking girl in her tennis club. No more than that.
Even that would depend on what day of the week it was in the tennis club. I honestly see prettier women than her several times a day, and I don't live in a city famous for its beauties.

Yes, I heard that even other models said that she is actually stupid.
I follow her on IG and I have to say she doesn't come across as stupid at all. Her son, Mingus (who she shares with Norman Reedus) is gorgeous and she seems utterly devoted to him. I don't think that Paula Yates was more intelligent than Helena, how intelligent is it to fry your brain with drugs? I am sure that I read that Michael actually had got tired of Paula and wanted to get away from her, but he died first.

Last edited:
Even that would depend on what day of the week it was in the tennis club. I honestly see prettier women than her several times a day, and I don't live in a city famous for its beauties.

I follow her on IG and I have to say she doesn't come across as stupid at all. Her son, Mingus (who she shares with Norman Reedus) is gorgeous and she seems utterly devoted to him. I don't think that Paula Yates was more intelligent than Helena, how intelligent is it to fry your brain with drugs? I am sure that I read that Michael actually had got tired of Paula and wanted to get away from her, but he died first.
Helena took drugs. I do think Paula was awful for Michael though.

Agree with this. She doesn't seem stupid at all and I'm stumped as to why Paula Yates was seen as smarter. Also, other models saying HC is 'actually stupid'- without examples or receipts, I wouldn't consider them to be reliable narrators. We don't know how much of those 'actually stupid' claims were down to professional jealousy/ rivalry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.