MOD & FOD #4 The kids are on show to fund the reno!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

In English, the description of architect Le Corbusier’s style as ‘brutalist’ sounds harsh. The term is derived from the French word meaning ‘raw’, which is a much better description for this handmade cement basin. It’s raw, yet simple, rugged and functional. Each basin is wax-finished to give it a unique patina.

Sorry guys but I NEED this in my life, just for the unique patina.

(I found it in a brouchere 2018, so it might not be the same price).

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Only saw that midwife post this morning.....hahaha I'm a nurse and every single colleague of mine is desperate to get out of nursing and wouldn't encourage anyone to do it because of the stress. Midwifery is worse!
Made me laugh, because like everybody else has said when you work one shift a week any job would seem great. She's so unrelatable it's funny. Stop painting a fake picture Clemmie like it's all unicorns and rainbows when the reality is people are desperate to leave.
Again, really used to like FOD and MOD but they, especially her, get on my tits now.
They live in a massive house, which they are renovating all of it, I mean they're obviously loaded so why the mention of a cheap holiday (france). When most people are renovating they don't go on holiday because they can't afford it. She's always swanning off doing something or other, she never seems to be with her kids! Then Glastonbury tickets on top! They've got some serious money, so do us a favour clemmie and stop trying to pretend you live a normal life like the rest of us, I bet the rest of your colleagues struggle to pay their bills and they do actually work full time!

Reactions: 20
My colleagues in nursing would be seriously pissed of with 'celeb/influencer' midwife swanning in to do their 1 shift/ week , taking photos at work in uniform, then leaving to go home ,exhausted , to her reno.....she's doing it all for us guys and empowering women
Talk talking shite Clemmie, the NHS is crumbling and there a 100's of vacancies because pay and staffing conditions are ludicrous ....many women labour without the constant support of their midwife, midwifery services have been seriously cut and underfunded and staffe morale at rock bottom .1 shift a week is not exactly allowing you to keep up to date with current practice, she's only just able to maintain her registration
So , to then appear to be able to have it all , as a midwife with the foreign holidays/ 'luxury house'( cough!) frankly looks like rubbing our noses in it....and those tiles are hideous, the pink bathroom reminds me of the 70's!

Reactions: 14
I agree that the 'rentos' are too trendy - it will all look very dated, vey quickly and the pink bathroom is vomit inducing.

I use Mumsnet for product recommendations. The Instamums all have the Tripp Trapp highchair for example - so much money for a chair! Mumsnet users consistently recommend the IKEA antipope, which was the best £16 I have ever spent.
To be fair sometimes you get what you pay for with products and other times its over hyped.
I have two tripp trapp high chairs that we still use now ! My boys are 13 and 16 so well before the insta influence crept into our lives! My lads now use them at their desks !

Reactions: 4
To be fair sometimes you get what you pay for with products and other times its over hyped.
I have two tripp trapp high chairs that we still use now ! My boys are 13 and 16 so well before the insta influence crept into our lives! My lads now use them at their desks !
I agree with them being good quality (picked one up from a selling site for £10) but at a time when I was quite low and vulnerable these things were being rammed in my face, without any clue they were gifted. Here was this NHS midwife recommending Stokke cots and Sleepyheads, deliveroo was a newborn necessity. The obligatory me time getting £200 Rigby and Pellar bras fitted (😱) Clothes which weren’t too twee for the twins, Zara came up trumps. It just went on and on. And there was me with my one takeaway a year and a rolled towel trying to impersonate a sleepyhead, and a £13 Ikea high chair. Feeling utterly tit about myself. But replying to stories and commenting as it all seemed real.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
And that's the cruelty of what she does, trading on her authority as a midwife to tempt vulnerable new Mums into buying expensive stuff they really don't need and can't actually afford. There is the constant subliminal reinforcement that unless you purchase all these luxury items then you're not living your best life and certainly not doing your best for your family.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
....many women labour without the constant support of their midwife, midwifery services have been seriously cut and underfunded and staffe morale at rock bottom
Yep. I delivered on the floor of the bathroom in my hospital room with no midwife present and it was terrifying. But I don't blame the midwives as they were so busy and understaffed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Yep. I delivered on the floor of the bathroom in my hospital room with no midwife present and it was terrifying. But I don't blame the midwives as they were so busy and understaffed.
I’m sorry to hear this. I had exactly the same thing happen to me and it was so terrifying. I didn’t even have a birth partner.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Me too! Except I told the midwife ten minutes before that I felt like I wanted to push. She dismissed it, left the bathroom and hey ho out came the head. Luckily my husband was there but that was a real shock!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Wish Vanity Fair would do an article that references her like the one that came out yesterday where Courtney Adams and her group of Murfer Mummas were interviewed. It was not complimentary. The link is in the Courtney Adamo thread.

Reactions: 1
Me too! Except I told the midwife ten minutes before that I felt like I wanted to push. She dismissed it, left the bathroom and hey ho out came the head. Luckily my husband was there but that was a real shock!!
My husband was there and useless bless him!

I was told I wasn't dilated enough but if they had spent more than 5 mins with me they would have known I was close.

Clemmie and her one day a week is an insult to all the overworked midwives of the NHS.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Clemmie most recent post about midwifery is so disingenuous and she has failed to engage with any of the comments regarding lack of grants for training and burnout etc

Reactions: 11
Wish Vanity Fair would do an article that references her like the one that came out yesterday where Courtney Adams and her group of Murfer Mummas were interviewed. It was not complimentary. The link is in the Courtney Adamo thread.
Yes, ultimately this will come full circle and it will be interesting to see. She persists in calling any dissenter a hateful, jealous troll when all I am asking for is transparency and honesty. We all have enough screenshots now to establish the influencer cycle in full swing and this latest murky business venture with her bathroom "reno" is a case in point.
To all of you made to feel bad by her new mum sales pitch, I am sorry and relieved that I am old enough, ugly enough and weary enough to be immune to it. It is incredible that King's allow her to use her role to line her nest so shamelessly.

Reactions: 9
I agree with them being good quality (picked one up from a selling site for £10) but at a time when I was quite low and vulnerable these things were being rammed in my face, without any clue they were gifted. Here was this NHS midwife recommending Stokke cots and Sleepyheads, deliveroo was a newborn necessity. The obligatory me time getting £200 Rigby and Pellar bras fitted (😱) Clothes which weren’t too twee for the twins, Zara came up trumps. It just went on and on. And there was me with my one takeaway a year and a rolled towel trying to impersonate a sleepyhead, and a £13 Ikea high chair. Feeling utterly tit about myself. But replying to stories and commenting as it all seemed real.
Yep I've defininitley been sucker down the rabbit hole before

Yes, ultimately this will come full circle and it will be interesting to see. She persists in calling any dissenter a hateful, jealous troll when all I am asking for is transparency and honesty. We all have enough screenshots now to establish the influencer cycle in full swing and this latest murky business venture with her bathroom "reno" is a case in point.
To all of you made to feel bad by her new mum sales pitch, I am sorry and relieved that I am old enough, ugly enough and weary enough to be immune to it. It is incredible that King's allow her to use her role to line her nest so shamelessly.
Lol I was definitely old enough and ugly enough to have supposedly been immune to it, which is why I feel like such a twit!

• Sad
You’d wonder are the Hoopers actually happy, they always seem to want more and more. That tile brand is ‘working with them’ in the hope it will help boost sales, MOD has to show off the products in return, ignores relevant guidelines and no doubt will get on her high horse when questioned about the lack of transparency. She hardly thinks this brand is ‘working with her’ without expecting something in return. If she resents having tonbe transparent about ‘working with brands’, then don’t work with them.

(Though I cant see many rushing out to buy those tiles now after seeing them in her bathroom or even buying other anything from the company, when you know they ‘work’ with people such as the Hoopers. And the wording feature on the tiled floor is just naff, she probably thinks it’s quirky but far from it).

Reactions: 5
You’d wonder are the Hoopers actually happy, they always seem to want more and more. That tile brand is ‘working with them’ in the hope it will help boost sales, MOD has to show off the products in return, ignores relevant guidelines and no doubt will get on her high horse when questioned about the lack of transparency. She hardly thinks this brand is ‘working with her’ without expecting something in return. If she resents having tonbe transparent about ‘working with brands’, then don’t work with them.

(Though I cant see many rushing out to buy those tiles now after seeing them in her bathroom or even buying other anything from the company, when you know they ‘work’ with people such as the Hoopers. And the wording feature on the tiled floor is just naff, she probably thinks it’s quirky but far from it).
It obviously works as a business model though, hence why they do so many ADs. People are influenced, because they make it seem like their lifestyle is attainable to you too, normal person - except its bloody not!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.