MOD & FOD #4 The kids are on show to fund the reno!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn’t waste a moment worrying about the division of labour and state of their marriage based on what’s shown on the ‘gram. Both feeds will be scripted and planned by their PR company. It’s all bollocks. Probably filmed at the weekend. Like that frozen peas vasectomy sofa.com fake pic.
I agree- I'm sure it's not all as it appears. BUT considering they are represented by PR people I'm surprised they are deliberately making it appear so unequal. If the 'gram is to be believed it certainly appears that she is frequently off enjoying herself and he is the bearer of the domestic load (imagine the uproar if it appeared the other way!). I wonder if it's more to do with her decision to feature the kids less and have more variety on her account. His account is JUST Ottilie and Delilah/FOD appearing bewildered by life/FOD preaching about periods... he does not seem to have much else going on.

Reactions: 5
Again, I’m not sticking up for MOD, but FOD’s entire feed is the kids. He has literally nothing else of interest to talk about, so of course it looks like he’s doing all the childcare. I mean, it absolutely could be that way in real life, but I think it should be taken at face value.

Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t waste a moment worrying about the division of labour and state of their marriage based on what’s shown on the ‘gram. Both feeds will be scripted and planned by their PR company. It’s all bollocks. Probably filmed at the weekend. Like that frozen peas vasectomy sofa.com fake pic.
Exactly as I said before it seems ( to me anyway) that their ‘job’ is MOD stands in front of the mirror taking selfies of her clothes or flogging her trinkets, recommending a book or taking photos of the Reno and stuff she’s either bought or been gifted for the house. FODS role seems to be allowing the twins to do whatever they want whenever they want whilst he films them in various precarious situations for the general amusement of the masses with occasional glimpses of the two older girls, flogging Gusto and constantly being asked what he uses to take photos of the children ( how many times can THAT question be asked 🙄) I don’t doubt MOD sees plenty of the children but it’s not photographed as much and I seriously doubt FOD is bravely struggling with all the childcare 🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think it’s more a case of mod feeling uncomfortable sharing pictures of the twins and fod not giving a tit what she thinks.

Also, it’s a calculated PR move to make him look like hands on dad.

I agree- I'm sure it's not all as it appears. BUT considering they are represented by PR people I'm surprised they are deliberately making it appear so unequal. If the 'gram is to be believed it certainly appears that she is frequently off enjoying herself and he is the bearer of the domestic load (imagine the uproar if it appeared the other way!). I wonder if it's more to do with her decision to feature the kids less and have more variety on her account. His account is JUST Ottilie and Delilah/FOD appearing bewildered by life/FOD preaching about periods... he does not seem to have much else going on.
Their PR management team know the ODs target audience - not very bright, lower middle class, 20&30 somethings, who aspire to a 'posher' lifestyle and who believe that wearing Clemmie's tat jewellery or having a pink velvet chair will magically propel them up the social ladder. The type of women who used to dot their i's with a little heart at school and who think Radley handbags are aspirational. These women also like their men to be totally emasculated, totally domesticated and have never had a decent duck in their lives.

Ergo, Clemmie & Simon are their icons. Both totally sexless, posh voiced, cutesy mannerisms, vapid and obsessed with acquiring stuff, stuff and more stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Their PR management team know the ODs target audience - not very bright, lower middle class, 20&30 somethings, who aspire to a 'posher' lifestyle and who believe that wearing Clemmie's tat jewellery or having a pink velvet chair will magically propel them up the social ladder. The type of women who used to dot their i's with a little heart at school and who think Radley handbags are aspirational. These women also like their men to be totally emasculated, totally domesticated and have never had a decent duck in their lives.

Ergo, Clemmie & Simon are their icons. Both totally sexless, posh voiced, cutesy mannerisms, vapid and obsessed with acquiring stuff, stuff and more stuff.
Wow. And I thought they annoyed me! 😂 that’s some serious hate there!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It’s just for show- FOD playing the modern clueless dad- so hands on but still haven’t got a clue what he is doing.

MOD is the ever so cool down to earth fun loving mum. She is so chilled. Can balance work, kids, marriage and a glitzy social life! I remember once they tried to do the ‘my husband/wife is so annoying because he/she doesn’t do this’ video, which then caused massive divide within their fan base? Think they stopped doing that and now is focusing on materialistic crap!

Reactions: 7

Clicked through from her story about the bathroom tile. They’re ‘worrying with’ MOD. Surprise surprise no mention of it being sponsored / gifted. Shameless!

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Their management is grace o Leary, and back when it was all kicking off on mumsnet and she was all over the place, she stated that Grace O Leary do not control the accounts or have any say over content etc. She stated that the accounts were fully managed by themselves. Given his constant gaffes and poor spellings and lack of proof reading, alongside her unbelievably entitled posts, this does seem to be true. The ads are often with clear guidelines. This is all them and their choices.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 26922

Clicked through from her story about the bathroom tile. They’re ‘worrying with’ MOD. Surprise surprise no mention of it being sponsored / gifted. Shameless!
Good god. It’s hideous. Those hex tiles are really intense and awful.
‘The girls motif’ is the tackiest idea ever.

Reactions: 1
My, my she is so touchy. So, always worked full time for 12 years? Except of course, for the two lots of maternity leave she took with the older girls. And for the last 3 years, since the twins were born, she's only worked one shift a week. And, let's face it - it very often isn't even one shift per week due to all the holidays, Glasto, weekends away etc.

So very, very passionate about being a midwife that she only bothers to do it when she doesn't have something better to do.

Her "look at me I AM midwife" post makes me chuckle....she can't help but throw one in now and again as if anyone could FORGET what she does 12 hours a week ...... She's so insincere. Most hospitals etc have a no social media policy so I don't know how she gets away with posting these pics at work in her uniform??? And those jumping to her defence probably don't work anyway !!!

She hasn’t worked full time since she qualified 12 years ago. She went part time 3 years ago AFTER her maternity leave. Prior to that she had 2 other children where she presumably took her entitled leave. So she has potentially worked a maximum of 7ish years at full time, if that. Hardly a lifetime career.
Since then she’s been a spare time midwife. Her post is crass and insulting to those who work full time.

Quell surprise, so yet another freebie £££££ reno for the bathrooms. Yet another undeclared freebie. And so it goes on and on ad nauseum.

Reactions: 3
My, my she is so touchy. So, always worked full time for 12 years? Except of course, for the two lots of maternity leave she took with the older girls. And for the last 3 years, since the twins were born, she's only worked one shift a week. And, let's face it - it very often isn't even one shift per week due to all the holidays, Glasto, weekends away etc.

So very, very passionate about being a midwife that she only bothers to do it when she doesn't have something better to do.
Is she a Midwife , she never mentions it!🙄😁

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think I’m becoming too cynical. I read her post as: “Look everyone, I’m a midwife, don’t you forget it” under the guise of “I have such wonderful colleagues, thanks guyyyys.”

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.