MOD & FOD #23 He's going doooooowwwn, he's yelling vulvaaaa

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So FOD suggesting MOD is unhappy and it’s taken a rock to make her smile. How sad is it that he had to post that to almost a million people.

Put the phone away, spend time as a family, stand beside your wife, seek therapy/counselling but do not play this out online. What’s the purpose - sympathy / attention seeking / nastiness or what? It’s certainly not being kind or considerate.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
How’s a competition for a holiday home in the UK gonna excite his 600k Texas huns? 60% of Americans don’t have a passport, 40% haven’t left the US and 11% have never even left their state! As for his other 300k of followers, do bots take vacations?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The competition is probably a ploy to build back up his followers with a tag three others type thing.

Reactions: 16
I wonder how it works, the sods would have been looking to stay somewhere for their break, so do they approach the person that lets out the property and just blatantly ask what can they offer them in return of a mention on his stories?
Also, how valuable is a story that disappears after 24hrs? Surely a proper post is more worthwhile to the advertiser??
Yes a proper post would be far better but they have no manners. You’d think this being an independent business who’ve reached out to them when no one else will they’d have hyped the whole thing up beyond words they’d be so grateful for the freebie, but he hasn’t!

Regarding ROI quite a lot of people in the hospitality sector have come forward in the past to talk about influencers asking for freebies, and they’ve said how they just don’t see a ROI on it so it’s not something they’re gonna do. A lot of chef x restaurant owners have been quite vocal and shared print screens of shameless people, I think one in Notting hill did it with a girl from MIC.

I’m guessing the business is probably not doing so well if they have availability in half term week and this is a last ditch attempt to get some bookings in...

edit - after a quick google:

One
Two
Three

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That's exactly how the floggers do it here in Oz. Half the time I think the 'prizes' are won by fellow floggers.

Reactions: 7
So "Kate and Tom" holiday homes have no problem supplying a cheap holiday to someone (via their insta hubby) who is a proven troll and who was evidently unkind to her friends and said husband, in the week when the whole of the internet is on the 'be kind' bandwagon. Odd

Reactions: 14
Yes a proper post would be far better but they have no manners.
Yes but it depends on what the companies ask for..someone I follow (16000 followers) posted some emails of businesses in her stories... "we can give you a hat for free and a 10 % discount for your followers and you need to post 10 stories and make 3 proper posts... over three months " blah. So some only ask for stories, some for several posts... I'd guess that he will still make a post.

Reactions: 2
Yes but it depends on what the companies ask for..someone I follow (16000 followers) posted some emails of businesses in her stories... "we can give you a hat for free and a 10 % discount for your followers and you need to post 10 stories and make 3 proper posts... over three months " blah. So some only ask for stories, some for several posts... I'd guess that he will still make a post.
he is going to make a post he’s already said. But considering the circumstances you’d just think he’d do one thanking them outside of the #contractual competition, he’s no longer a normal influencer under standard contractual agreements he’s influencer anthrax. If a small business owner has taken time to invite you into their home you do treat it differently to a weekend away hosted by P&G, because it is different? I stand by my point he has no manners, sorry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
The competition is probably a ploy to build back up his followers with a tag three others type thing.
I follow a few influencers who do comps regularly, not just when their content in circling the drain...the good ones just pick a follower at random based on a comment, the desperate ones do the tag & follow (“tag 3 friends, you all must be following Tom & Whoever’s house AND me”).

Equally lost as to who will enter when his following is American huns and bots. Maybe one of us not banned should enter and if we win throw a civilised party in Dorset!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I follow a few influencers who do comps regularly, not just when their content in circling the drain...the good ones just pick a follower at random based on a comment, the desperate ones do the tag & follow (“tag 3 friends, you all must be following Tom & Whoever’s house AND me”).

Equally lost as to who will enter when his following is American huns and bots. Maybe one of us not banned should enter and if we win throw a civilised party in Dorset!
I despise those competitions of tagging and liking certain photos - it's not about a follower receiving a prize (which was probably a freebie they want to offload) but just to increase "engagement" and followers 🙄

Reactions: 10
asking people to tag and share to win something is against Facebook terms and conditions (even though you see lots do it) and I’ve seen pages shut down for it...I wonder if it’s against Instagram terms and conditions 🤔

Reactions: 6
asking people to tag and share to win something is against Facebook terms and conditions (even though you see lots do it) and I’ve seen pages shut down for it...I wonder if it’s against Instagram terms and conditions 🤔
We need a miss marple to explore this issue!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We need a miss marple to explore this issue!!
🕵️‍♀️ Miss Marple here 🙋‍♀️
Ok so despite the fact EVERY FUCKER ignores this...the rules are that you shouldn’t make it a requirement of a competition that people tag themselves or friends...but it says “in a photo” they are not in. Now I know on FB you can tag yourself in a photo but on Instagram I don’t know if you can? Obviously you tag people in comments.

Let me go get the link cos it’s not working...

Ok can’t work the link so screen shots

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
🕵️‍♀️ Miss Marple here 🙋‍♀️
Ok so despite the fact EVERY FUCKER ignores this...the rules are that you shouldn’t make it a requirement of a competition that people tag themselves or friends...but it says “in a photo” they are not in. Now I know on FB you can tag yourself in a photo but on Instagram I don’t know if you can? Obviously you tag people in comments.

Let me go get the link cos it’s not working...

Ok can’t work the link so screen shots
I knew you would do us proud, thank you @Dogmuck

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yep that’s exactly what it will be. He’s desperate.
This is the first competition they've done (minus a flower post I saw in maybe 2016 on her page). Times must be hard- they've never thought of helping anyone but themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is the first competition they've done (minus a flower post I saw in maybe 2016 on her page). Times must be hard- they've never thought of helping anyone but themselves.
how bleeping hard must times be for the rental too, giving away a week during half term & another weekend likely spring / summer peak season? 😬 eeesh!

Hopefully we’ll get a lot more of these bottom of the barrel partnerships because it is so funny to see the lengths these influencers will go to for a freebie. Have we ever seen such a massive fall from grace before? What do we think will be next?! A comedy skit sponsored by Zoflora? The twins discovering a pack of Canesten duo followed up by a profound chat with his girls about thrush?

Also the owners should have checked tattle, this is before my time but didn’t someone say their carpenter came on here to say he did it all for free (mental) and didn’t even get any new business out of it?!! If you had manners you’d keep in touch with him and keep posting until he had at least a couple of referrals from you wouldn’t you.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She looks old here!! Blimey
To be fair we can all look old juggling a rock in the cold with an overpriced bobble hat on thinking about our glory/gifted/press discount days whilst the bimbo you married takes unflattering pictures and bangs on about shite.....Jesus I look about 90 glancing in our magnified bathroom mirror in the morning 😬 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.