Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Title suggestions:
MOD & FOD #22: Fuck whistle time in the pile of old bricks, but FODS only got time for jizzing on his old school pics

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
By no means a SODs fan but I don’t really think she has any right to say anything about negative about them re: the house she sold them. It’s not her house and she chose to sell it, what they did to it after is none of her business IMO.
I imagine it was Simon’s reference to tbe oD’s buying a ‘draughty pile of bricks’ which pissed them off.

It was a barefaced lie and I don’t blame her for being offended.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

DevonDiva

I’m sorry if I’m shouting and if someone else has previously mentioned it.....but that hideous lampshade in their bedroom is made by a company called WANDERLUST!!!! Ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 39

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Omg yes this! Articulated perfectly thank you. It’s so dangerous and it is disproportionately impacting women, these instagrammers are not our friends they’re agents of capitalism & fuelling excess consumption and the next debt crisis (which guess what - will hit women hardest as everything ! Financially shit ! Does !).

We install ad blockers on our web browsers, none of us will spend time reading ads in papers & magazines, and we certainly don’t stop to read bus stops do we. Yet pop a bit of cashmere, some stacking necklaces and some moody paint around the gaff and here’s ur new lifestyle guru telling you to buy £500 lampshades their day job salary doesn’t even cover? 😂 oh plus as they’re a human you can’t say shit else you’re the troll!

Indignant outrage over but yep, it’s like drip drip drip reprogramming of a generation of women and it’s vile.
Not only that - they aren't content to just be agents of capitalism and own it. No no no, they also expect their followers to view them as gurus of morality and wisdom with all of their faux environmentalist, 'girl boss' 'we-need-to-talk-about-mental health', 'just keeping it real for you guys' bullshit.

I HATE INFLUENCERS

• Heart
Reactions: 38

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Yes!! Someone else said this about the house & the lack of personal tidbits? I can look around my house and have bits from honeymoon, bits off eBay, frames I spent too much on from Oliver bonas in Victoria station whilst waiting for the train, etc etc etc. Theirs is literally a Pinterest board rammed with gifted tat, they don’t even have the ~premium insta mum~ prints like the posh fashion mums do it’s all Etsy promoted listing fodder. That Margate bounty knows the score 😂
Yes that was me 👋 isn’t it weird that they’ve got nothing real, nothing to show any kind of past? It’s like the Truman Show or The Circle or something. Everything placed just so, nothing connecting them to anything. All those pictures he’s taken over the years of those absolutely beautiful children, and not one of them in their house! Their whole life is just an insta-sham. I mean, I get not wanting to have clutter, I don’t have clutter really either, but I’ve got the lamp I had as a baby in my son’s room, I’ve got beautiful photographs of my children up mountains, in forests, and on beaches, we’ve got both of our grandfathers’ war medals properly framed. We’ve got furniture pilfered from our childhood bedrooms, and a serving plate from every country we’ve ever been to. The newness of everything in their house is so bloody weird. That’s what makes it so empty and un-homely. Also the huge amount of child-free zones is so cold. We have a big-ish house, and while we might stick on a film for them in a room occasionally and then maybe eat an evening meal while they’re in there, there’s no way I would divide up the house into kid and non-kid areas. We’ve got kids! Jeez, they didn’t ask to be born, I’m not going to cordon off half the house because I need ‘me time’! I get me time when they’re at school, in bed, waiting when they’re doing a class or activity, or even when they go off to play happily without me. The make my blood boil those effing SODs!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Skyeball

Chatty Member
For the gram. To keep up with the interior influencers in a “my interior is better and more expensive than yours” kind of way.

I feel a paid partnership with Cathedral City could be a great move for him right now...
He's a few posts away from driving to Dundee in his bare feet eating toblerone.
Smell my cheese you mother.....
Got to love an Alan Partridge cross reference!

• Haha
Reactions: 36

DevonDiva

We should show her some love! It must be awful seeing your home which your poured so much love, sweat and possibly tears into reduced to a ‘pile of drafty old bricks’ by the Prickmeister General! He is becoming more loathsome by the day.
myself and my partner have just spent 6 months renovating an ugly house into our forever home. Every choice was made by us, with love and thought and whilst it might not be to everyone’s taste, it’s ours. It would break my heart if someone came in and ripped out perfectly good (and decent and expensive) kitchens and bathrooms because they were offered another one for free. It’s vile and it’s greedy. Such a big account shouldn’t be encouraging such consumerism and waste when we’re trying so hard to not chuck our planet away! Yuck yuck yuck.

and I can bet the old fixtures were sold for their gain whilst they didn’t have to shell out for new ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Tothemoonandback

Normally on these #reno accounts they do a “before” and “after” shot. Funny that the SODs “Reno” projects never show the “before” photos isn’t it (of what the house was like when they moved in). They want to mislead us that it was a pile of rubble bomb site when infact its just been on the front cover of Real Homes 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Influencerdrainers

I'm properly BAFFLED that anyone could possibly feel sorry for the MOD/FODs (not saying anyone here does) in relation to their recent drop in income/lifestyle meaning they might not get to go on 5+ luxury holidays a year, get their food for free, new bathrooms worth more than our yearly household income when there are around 4million kids in this country living in absolute poverty and are going without essentials. I think it's high time they consume themselves a hearty helping of humble pie, they will be absolutely fine if they have to downsize, put the girls in state school, those girls aren't going hungry, they have plenty of clothes to wear, they are warm and dry- I can't comment on their safety, come on Simon and clemmie maybe it's time to make that the priority here. Please 🙏

• Heart

Treeofforgiveness

I’m really happy the previous owners are posting photo’s of the hard work put in to make the house look gorgeous . Also a lot of lovely comments about the renovation they did. 🙌🏻

Reactions: 32

cordes

I love that bountymargate are now sharing before/after shots on their ig profile. Showing the real renovation that went on and the labour of love. Feels very much like the middle finger to the SoDs

• Haha
  • Heart

Cabbagepatch

I think the Hoopers wanted an expensive bathroom much more than a well thought, functional bathroom. Starting with the steps to the room - it will be very easy to slip on those steps given the finish, especially if wearing socks and no handrail/anything to grab onto. The shower taps at the end of a long narrow shower will make it awkward when turning on the water initially, can’t just reach in. Toilet squashed into a tiny spot, no room for toilet roll holder. No-where for towels close to the nearest basin The location of the bath taps will mean it’s a faff topping up the water while in the bath.

Then that horrible lampshade in the bedroom which will harbour dust and resembles the fibres in a sweeping brush.

They focus on looks rather than Function - it’s the same with their kitchen - the island blocking the cooker from the sink, etc. Fridge away from both. No flow to the kitchen at all,

Together those two bathrooms must have cost at least £15,000 and you honestly couldn’t say it looks as if it was money well spent.
And the rest. With those marble tiles, W1 design and sourcing fees, and the finishes I think you’re talking 20k worth there which I’m sure they didn’t pay.
What I don’t understand is how this works with hmrc? Do they declare the discount as a sort of payment?

It’s actually heartbreaking looking through the photos of the house before the Hapless Hoopers ruined it with their tasteless tat.

The previous owners literally spent every penny, hours of their own time and made huge efforts to restore the property.

The current owners quite literally tore the life out of it and rendered it soulless, tasteless and cold.

They treated the house as they treat their children - money making commodities.
So true. Because real logic would tell you that a house like this in this kind of location doesn’t really warrant this type of over design. There’s no financial benefit other than Ig. If it was in Holland Park, maybe. But in Ramsgate. Let’s assume there’s 150k worth of decor, kitchen and bathroom in there. Is the house now worth 850k. Probably not.
I feel really sad for the previous owner. I’m so pleased that she’s posted about it. This is what they do. They’ve made careers out of other people doing the hard work and then they come along and take full credit.

It’s now worth an estimated 734k.
An unnecessary refurb. Can you imagine the decent stuff they threw out?
From the guy encouraging us all to reduce, reuse and recycle.

Last edited: