MOD & FOD #12 When I throw my wife under the bus, I always use National Express #ad #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the end of the day they are a business and want us to believe that they are ‘real’, ‘relatable’, telling everyone they are ‘transparent’ etc. These are words we hear all too often but we all fall for it, they make us believe they are just like the rest of us. Its actually a job, and they are receiving an income from affiliated links, adverts etc and it’s great spin tactics making us believe they just do what they love and are mums with kids and really normal.
I’ve seen a lot of IGs saying they take breaks and they are unsure of their content, not sure how long the gram is sustainable for and I genuinely think some realise that consumers are bored of the freebies and the perks they get on such great scales. It’s so contrived and difficult watching someone talk about stuff when you know they are only offering their views because it was free and beats going out to buy a moisturiser out of their own money.

Reactions: 12
Exactly this.

Apologies if I've missed any really offensive quotes, but a lot of what she said (yep, although hypocritical and sly).... was true! The vast majority of instamums are desperate and will do anything to claw their way to the top. They resemble the bottom tier of a novice marketing department/sales team ready to tit on someone and/or steal someone else's ideas to progress whilst all the time pretending to be your friend. Ruthless vultures bleeding the situation dry to max out their stats. They really need to get a grip, poor hard done by souls.

It's not that really though that's the bigger issue, it's the racism she showed through her comments about CB, and MOD also apparently broke the news/reminded everyone about CB and her sex worker past. I think Kelechi has a good point, and her podcast I just had a listen to, and it's definitely a lot more calm and easier to understand where she is coming from than her fired up and clearly emotionally charged insta stories. I don't believe Kelechi is trying to gain any followers or clout through this situation, but the other faux woke Instamumnies definitely are by "supporting" her.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I hope common sense prevails, and the insta huns calm the duck down. Let's face it, they've all looked at tattle, most of them have accounts.
The only bit of this that's left to play out, is is fod going to carry on not supporting his wife, the mother of their four children. I'm cynical that he has any soul left after all the selling of his kids. Maybe he'll choose love and family over continuing their insta freebie life, I've got my fingers crossed.

Reactions: 15
Personally it’s not an area I want to discuss, it’s obvious there’s massive problems, but if people want to discuss it they are welcome. There is no line, the brand of Daughters has capitalised and sold their #couplegoals marriage as often as they possibly can. Breaks away, birthday, longwinded posts of appreciation, you cannot expect people to not comment on the unbelievable hypocrisy of her comments!!!
Exactly that! I’ve never been concerned or interested in their relationship in the least. I’ve always felt it was a bit ‘off’, and definitely they gave off vibes of her always trying to escape from him and the girls, and him worshipping the ground she walks on. The whole things was always the total opposite of #couplegoals to me, and couldn’t stand how they went on about their date nights and would film themselves spending quality time together! Agree that the sellers of daughters have paid themselves bare - don’t expect us all to just be mute about their very public private lives...

Reactions: 13
It's not that really though that's the bigger issue, it's the racism she showed through her comments about CB, and MOD also apparently broke the news/reminded everyone about CB and her sex worker past. I think Kelechi has a good point, and her podcast I just had a listen to, and it's definitely a lot more calm and easier to understand where she is coming from than her fired up and clearly emotionally charged insta stories. I don't believe Kelechi is trying to gain any followers or clout through this situation, but the other faux woke Instamumnies definitely are by "supporting" her.
Is there any evidence that MOD broke the news (that was broken here 6 months ago!) about CB? I will listen to Kelechi's podcast, but did note on twitter she was complaining about her page being suspended and that was where she received her #ads, so I don't believe her outrage was for entirely altruistic reasons. She is also promoting her business on there, so pulling in extra viewers could only be a good thing.

Reactions: 11
Where was the outrage from half (generous) of these instahuns on institutionalised racism before all this blew up? Who featured the MBRRACE report then? The hypocrisy of this all makes me sick. And just as quickly, they'll all move on again. I'm so close to deleting the whole app, it's sickening.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't think MOD broke the news, CB was brought up on here and another tattler mentioned it, it's been on another thread for ages anyway. CB has made it look like MOD spoke about it

Reactions: 12
I don't believe mod had anything to do with revealing CBs past. There is a CB thread also linking to her 'cock cupcakes' recipe on the munchies channel on YouTube. It's not exactly buried.

Reactions: 11
I don’t know why her calling CB aggressive is automatically racist? CB does come across aggressive
A complex and nuanced issue, but my understanding of it is that it's like calling a woman "hysterical" . Yes, you can do it, and yes you can justify it, but we all know that it's a coded word. Black women get called "aggressive" and punished for behaviour that is actually a healthy, appropriate response to racism all the time. And it's for for white ppl to comment on what's racist/proportionate response to racism or prejudice (in the same way it's daft for men to hold forth on how women should respond/not respond to sexism).

CB may well be aggressive (and self-serving, and hypocritical, and the rest). But for a white woman to accuse her of "playing the race card" is really, REALLY problematic. For the same reasons it's crappy for men to roll their eyes when a woman gets passionate about something and accuse her of "hysteria" or ask if it's that time of the month or whatever.

It's just too simplistic to say "I'm allowed to call her aggressive if she's being aggressive!". We have to acknowledge the context in which we speak, and the layers of association. Certain words are, whether we like it or not, coded.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
All this reveals that as tattle thought all these instahuns are bitchy trash. They are all making each other look terrible let’s hope it’s the end of the mummyfloggers. They’ve managed to damage it all by themselves 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So trying to get my head around the Kelechi thing I googled what had happened. I came across a blog post from a ‘supporter’ who put a link up for people to send Kelechi money. ‘Let it rain on her’. Money seems to be a theme which lessens any real credibility in my mind.
4DE95B59-066C-446D-852D-1C31CCD644AE.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I hope common sense prevails, and the insta huns calm the duck down. Let's face it, they've all looked at tattle, most of them have accounts.
Exactly. The real issues to do with about using children as props in sly adverts are still ignored as it doesn't fit the story the media want to tell.

Let's face it most media companies have diversified their revenue streams and have vested interested in keeping the influencer mum train going.

At least MOD listened to the criticism and featured her children far less, all for no point as the husband was still using them as much as ever for content.

Reactions: 15
Really??? WTW is a big multinational. He’d be
on enormous money in that role and hard to imagine how he could work from home as much as he does.
Yup - It was on his LinkedIn before he took it down. He’s on a serious wedge even before all the Insta grabby stuff.

Reactions: 3
I googled his company/name and it's on somewhere called Hola. Seems to be a kind of linkedin thing.

Let the backstabbing commence... I cant stand CT, never have. I think I once was physically sick in my own mouth when she put up a story of herself wearing a jumper, (that she was trying to make look like a dress) and literally videoed herself bending over to see if her knickers showed... wtaf

I dont think I want to be 'influenced' by this!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I only heard of Hollie / theyesmummum because of MOD. I once bought her pointless yesmum ‘cards’ as well (via MOD). How many other people did this....

What I’m saying is MOD will have earned that woman thousands. And how does Yesmum/ Hollie respond when her friend clearly needs help? She immediately unfollows clemmie and posts supportive messages about a woman who has said “no one with mental health issues should be a midwife“ and that white women smell.

I don’t think Hollie/“yesmum” can even have watched that lady’s offensive videos before desperately clambering to support her.

With friends like that....

Please feel free to unfollow yesmum/Hollie, don’t buy her pointless cards and don’t buy her future book.
I unfollowed her ages ago, she’s so smug it’s nauseating

Reactions: 9
I think it will be longer now than what was originally planned. I don’t think him or his management team expected this to snowball as bad as it has. I would imagine there was a post planned for today but I really can’t see that happening now.
Who is their management team? Just a tad ironic that he’s a management consultant.

Yup - It was on his LinkedIn before he took it down. He’s on a serious wedge even before all the Insta grabby stuff.
His LinkedIn is still up. I have connections who work with him. There’s no photo on it, although I think there hasn’t been a picture for a while but the profile itself is still there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.