Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TH resi

Right hello all, I've finally read all of the threads and I'm pretty upset with where this is all going.

As a WOC I don't think Clemmie said anything racist, she said that one woman was aggressive and used her race to shut down the conversation. I followed CB for a while and I would agree with Clemmie on this. She didn't say all black women are or target any women because of their race. If anything this shows the depressing situation we're in where someone can't be critical of a WOC without being called racist. Some of those people calling Clemmie racist were shocking racist saying that white people don't wash! Totally unacceptable.

Clemmie made one comment about race and out of context I can see why some would call it racist but if you've followed CB and know the context then it's easily dismissed unless you're looking for a stick to beat someone with or are too scared to say anything. This whole issue really undermines genuine racism. And I say that as someone who has been used by past employers on panels and events to boost their diversity. This being whipped up into a racism scandal isn't helping anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 122

insta(sham)

I just had to comment to say that last week Jacob Rees Mogg, a leading politician stated that Grenfell Victims lacked common sense which ultimately led to their demise and that it was not the fault of the emergency services or the government! This is classist, racist and just every shade of wrong. Was brushed under the carpet pretty quickly! A few days ago a greedy midwife has made a debatably racist comment (I personally don’t think it is) and is being torn to shreds with some people starting a campaign to get her struck off as a midwife. She is an A* dick, as is her husband - but the world has gone fucking mad that there are pages and pages of threads on this whilst real issues are ignored!

• Heart
Reactions: 103

Nixen

Chatty Member
Do you know what is racist? That I can’t say that CB is a cunt without it being racist. I don’t have a problem with the colour of her skin, she could be blue for all I care, but I think that she’s a shitty person and I have the right to say that. Treating her differently (ie not calling her a cunt) because she is a WOC is racism surely. Are we not allowed to dislike people of different races now?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97

Justmeagain

Poor MOD can't even hide in a cupboard as sodding FOD is in there already, dressed as a salted caramel mince pie ready for Christmas ads with ALDI.

• Haha
Reactions: 96
I don’t know why her calling CB aggressive is automatically racist? CB does come across aggressive
A complex and nuanced issue, but my understanding of it is that it's like calling a woman "hysterical" . Yes, you can do it, and yes you can justify it, but we all know that it's a coded word. Black women get called "aggressive" and punished for behaviour that is actually a healthy, appropriate response to racism all the time. And it's for for white ppl to comment on what's racist/proportionate response to racism or prejudice (in the same way it's daft for men to hold forth on how women should respond/not respond to sexism).

CB may well be aggressive (and self-serving, and hypocritical, and the rest). But for a white woman to accuse her of "playing the race card" is really, REALLY problematic. For the same reasons it's shitty for men to roll their eyes when a woman gets passionate about something and accuse her of "hysteria" or ask if it's that time of the month or whatever.

It's just too simplistic to say "I'm allowed to call her aggressive if she's being aggressive!". We have to acknowledge the context in which we speak, and the layers of association. Certain words are, whether we like it or not, coded.

• Heart
Reactions: 80

Insta_life?

I had never heard of Tattle before reading about what had happened. I've read some of the threads, and actually rather than petitions to bring it down I think it would be better if more people (especially younger people) read it in conjunction with Instagram posts to see that Instagram is not real life, and that what you put out there lasts forever, and is (rightly so) open to criticism.

I think in years to come people will look back on the exploitation of children by their parents and wonder what on earth was going through their parent's minds. I wonder if at some point we will start to see these children grow up and start to take legal action, and I hope legislation will start to be put in place.

I think as a society it has just become the norm to post about your children, I used to but since having some training at work on internet safety (I work with children and vulnerable young people) it was made me question whether this is sensible and have stopped posting about them, deleted posts and asked family and friends not to post about them. I figured I have little to gain from posting about them (a few likes), but potentially a lot to loose. It's an interesting discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 75

SirChenGin

Screenshot_2019-11-10 Tier 3 Instamums.png

Sorry if this has already been posted - I've just joined after getting engrossed in the whole saga - but surely a comment like this is the nail in the coffin for future sponsorship deals.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Ugh. The first paragraph in That Mummy Smiles latest post. She seems to have forgotten that along with HM, she was the one that started this rather than dealing with the matter privately.
'shocked and scared me in equal measures' HOW DO THESE PEOPLE EVEN MANAGE TO STAY ALIVE WHEN THEY STEP OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE?!?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Notsurereally

I agree that she should have kept her profile about the midwife life, with just a side of personal stuff, rather than trade in her career for Instafame and freebies.
I don't know if any of you follow @gynaegeek, but she has managed this perfectly! Unfortunately, MOD let the adoration get to her head.

I'm a Black woman and I don't think MOD is racist at all. I really can't understand all the influencers who have taken up with CB. She is aggressive, does turn everything into a race issue and is clearly all about the freebies.
She did what she had to do, being a mouthpiece for the Black woman to highlight White privilege and then put up a post on her account saying "I'm tired and highlighting race issues is draining, so from now on my account is all about the fashion and presenting..." 🙄
She's definitely trying to use her platform as a catapult to getting freebies and being an influencer and getting opportunities she could never get without Instafame.
Don't get me wrong, white privilege is very real, I feel it every day in my line of work, but CB is very far from a relatable WOC for me.
I gave birth this year, had a fantastic experience, was listened to and supported by the White midwives at a SE Ldn birth centre.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Yel

Chatty Member
It's good the tone of the thread really reflects where we are, it's all gone way out of control and been twisted into something it never was. I wouldn't have talked about the posts from the suspect account if I knew it would blow up to this. It was embrassing and funny, nothing huge and there's loads of suspect posters on tattle that probably are infuencers. She's just become a target for people to vent at and use to boost their following.

She joined tattle to bitch about cash after she called her the Harvey Weinstein of instagram. She made some bitchy comments about other infuencers and some comments praising other infuencers. That's it.

Even on tattle there's far far bigger issues - like Sali Hughes who has threatened violence, bullied someone out of their job so she could get it, had a sustained campaign harrasing dawn o porter along with her chums and way more grim stuff. Of course she deleted all these tweets but it still happened. Yet Sali (so far) has got away with painting out tattle to be the bad guy because of a rant full of lies that few people looked beyond.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Because historically people accuse POC as being aggressive. I think I'd be pretty aggressive too if every day I had to fight against constant judgement for the colour of my skin too.
As a WOC I object to the forbiddance of the use of aggressive, whether it's a POC, white or whatever. If you behave aggressively you are aggresive, period. That might be subjective I accept, but I would describe CB, CC, CH as displaying aggression on the gram. Kelechnekoff was inarguably aggressive in those stories, nothing to do with the co!our of her skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Mythoughts

Chatty Member
I ummed and ahhed about whether I should post this as last time I said something that was a little bit in support of Clemmie my account got blocked and I had to make a new one. I am a participant in another thread so I really hope the same doesn’t happen again. This is just my opinion and I would appreciate it if I wasn’t jumped on for it.
I am not condoning what clemmie did in the slightest, however I can’t help but feel a little sorry for her.
What she did was wrong, however if we were in her position would we have come on here in an attempt to change perception of our family?
The bullying of her peers was wrong, she should not have stooped to that level, however I feel that some people are taking it to the extreme a bit. Some of the influencers affected are using this as a marketing tool I feel, to raise their profiles. How many people on here bitch about their friends behind their backs? And I am sure those influencers have done the same thing. Were they really friends? Or friends just because of their status on Instagram? Not saying any of it is right but all these people condemning her should be looking at their own behaviour and holding themselves to the same standards that they are holding clemmie to.

I feel sorry for her because she is being pulled through the coals for her behaviour yet there are other influencers who have done worse in my opinion and nothing is ever said about them, for example PTWM and the misappropriated funds, sacconejolys and the child abuse, I grams and child neglect, and I am sure there are many more I am unaware of. My hope that this could be the start of influencers being held accountable for their actions no matter who they are.

edit: as for the use of their children, I think FOD and MOD are not the worse for this by far, the sacconejolys record everything, and PTWM broadcasts her children’s conversations when they are on the phone to her and the don’t even know she is doing it, she tags their SM accounts and then members of the public follow them. I think she is far worse when it comes to safeguarding her children and making money from them than the OD’s.

As for the racism bit, I am mixed race, Caribbean and English. From what I have seen I don’t see what clemmie said as being racist, however if she said more than what I saw then I may change my mind. I spoke to my dad who is black and told him what she said, and me and him think the same. What she was a comment, a misunderstanding from someone who has no idea what it means to be black, has never experienced the struggle of being a minority, just the same as people who comment on others privilege, often those comments come from a place of not being able to experience these things so it therefore becomes a criticism.
Racism is wrong full stop,having been affected by it my whole life I know how hurtful it is, however me and my dad are two people (not saying it’s wrong that others think it was racist) who do not feel it was a racist comment, it came from lack of experience. I also think that sometimes some people so over play the race card, I think for it to hold value and something to be done it has to be used in the right way. I am not saying this about Candice Brathwaite though as I don’t know anything about her, haven’t read anything she has done or anything like that so I am not commenting on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Curio

Chatty Member
I have just read this on Esther Coren’s blog and she’s showing actual mercy given she’s been someone on the receiving end of very public bullying from an actual blue ticker. Good for her, somebody showing some actual humanity.

Another side, side topic... I have been totally engrossed in the Clemmie Hooper drama recently - where she went onto the discussion forum Tattle under an anonymous handle and was mean about her peers.

Not very nice for people she was mean about, (reading horrible things about yourself is, well, horrible, especially as it turns out it was from someone who actually knows you), but I really felt for her. It was such a risky and desperate thing to do - it struck me as just the sort of total, massive loss of sense and perspective that Instagram encourages. I have had a glimpse of what those major instagrammer lives are like and the pace is relentless, the online abuse is relentless. I actually reckon that she wasn't the only one driven to it, she's just the only one who has been caught.’

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
I don’t know why her calling CB aggressive is automatically racist? CB does come across aggressive
Because historically people accuse POC as being aggressive. I think I'd be pretty aggressive too if every day I had to fight against constant judgement for the colour of my skin too.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Justmeagain

The moral of this story is that freebies are not free. Instagram is a prettied up version of Lord of the Flies and behind the pink doors are ruthless influencers who hold a bunch of peonies in one hand and a knife to stab you in the back, in the other. Luckily Mrs Hinch works miracles on blood stains. Thank God for Zoflora. AD. 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53