MOD & FOD #12 When I throw my wife under the bus, I always use National Express #ad #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe she said she’d punch MODs teeth in- because what? Because she said things about CB? And is a white midwife? Insane. Can you imagine if MOD said the same thing? Or what about saying white people smell? Once again it’s insane.
Oh my god did she really?! No that’s rank. Threatening violence really?! Classy

Reactions: 2
Right hello all, I've finally read all of the threads and I'm pretty upset with where this is all going.

As a WOC I don't think Clemmie said anything racist, she said that one woman was aggressive and used her race to shut down the conversation. I followed CB for a while and I would agree with Clemmie on this. She didn't say all black women are or target any women because of their race. If anything this shows the depressing situation we're in where someone can't be critical of a WOC without being called racist. Some of those people calling Clemmie racist were shocking racist saying that white people don't wash! Totally unacceptable.

Clemmie made one comment about race and out of context I can see why some would call it racist but if you've followed CB and know the context then it's easily dismissed unless you're looking for a stick to beat someone with or are too scared to say anything. This whole issue really undermines genuine racism. And I say that as someone who has been used by past employers on panels and events to boost their diversity. This being whipped up into a racism scandal isn't helping anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 122
So a quick google to try and get to the bottom of what was said in the closed down Insta page brought up this. Fund raising.

Exactly. MOD made a stupid mistake which two grabbers decided to milk for all it’s worth. There was no need to deal with this like it was. It was catty underhanded bitchy and calculated. And for what? Because someone said anonymously on a gossip site that they thought bad things about you? For Gods sake MOD is now being hounded by the world it seems and having every woe of the world dumped on her. They should know what they’ve done as it exceeds anything MOD did to them. Oh, and CB is scary and aggressive and we should not be in a place where it can’t be said. Even in matters that have nothing to do with race there is aggression and it’s wrong that out of fear of offending folks can’t say that. Aggression doesn’t have a colour last time I checked?
This whole situation has gotten way out of control and the more people go for MOD the higher up we push CB and that Kelchi- and for all the wrong reasons IMHO.
I think it’s partly being used as a deflect tactic to ignore that CB was a pimp who exploited women for her own financial gain and laughed about that fact in a TV documentary. There’s been very little mention of CB’s statement and that fact that it wasn’t truthful and that she’s a disingenuous fraud since this escalated. Ironic that they accused Clemmie of being the Master of deflection.

Plus Clemmies TV show was conveniently leaked which helped bring attention away from CB’s TV show.

Reactions: 25
Thing is MOD is a natural witch. I’ve seen her behaviour over the years and how she treats people. She probably has no allies or real friends as a midwife or on social media so she’s going to find it hard to come back from this. Bet she has enough people at her work that dislike her that will be making sure she gets fired from her NHS job
Yup. So if she’s going to be pushed she should jump first. Then just post aspirational lifestyle picture posts with no captions and comments off. Back up the FOD brand by proving you’re still alive. No events, no collabs. Insta as it was. Opt out of a ‘comeback’ per se.

Reactions: 4
This isn’t going to end well. All because Hunger Mama had a cook book to promote.

I hope there is actually more to it than we know about because based on what we do know, it should have been dealt with off social media between friends/work colleagues. Which I think is what a lot of them wanted to do. But oh no, Hunger Mama & TMS needed their moment on Insta stories
Shame on them.
Don’t forget @tetyanawrites - Tetyana Denford, Hungermama’s friend. Still gobsmacked by her posturing and she came on here. She is followed by Mod and Fod.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I believe she said she’d punch MODs teeth in- because what? Because she said things about CB? And is a white midwife? Insane. Can you imagine if MOD said the same thing? Or what about saying white people smell? Once again it’s insane.
She lost any little amount of credibility or reasoned argument when she said she’d knock her teeth out. I’m not surprised she’s been deleted. She was making threats of violence.

Reactions: 17
I read the midwifery social media conduct stuff and if I was Clemmie, I'd be very worried. We need to bear in mind that this isn't solely about her actions as MOD. She has also represented midwifery in her Gas and Air identify in a high profile way. She's described in the media as a troll, she slagged off her own husband and she mentioned her children in her attacks. I am certain they will have contacted her before the weekend or would have done first thing today. The tweets complaining about her are relevant as they are evidence that people are linking her social media use to midwifery, but if she is reprimanded in any way, it will be for a lot more than this.
I'm HCPC registered so we have similar standards.

If they want to they can use the fact that she has "brought the profression into disrepute". It is a broad term they use for anything morally wrong that has an impact on the reputation of the profession. Since she is such a well known midwife and uses that fact to promote her brand people associate her and her actions with midwifery.

They may investigate it and give her a slap on the wrist or because she is a public figure for them they may choose to make an example of her.
The trust will also have to think about what they want to do as patients will recognise her and link her to this which isn't a positive image for them...

Reactions: 18
The trouble with this argument (which is what it is, it isn't fact and if we look at the definition of racism then of course it's possible to be racist towards anyone) is that it's far too simplistic. I understand why it exists and I understand why the need to talk about white privilege exists in an academic sense but white people aren't one homogeneous group. 'White people' or who many people see as white people will encompass, for example, Polish people in the UK who also experience discrimination, or travellers, or Jewish people amongst many more. What happens when there is racism between non white people, do we have to find a sliding scale of privilege or is it only a problem when it comes from white people? I don't think that Clemmie was being racist with what she said, I think the issues surrounding race are too complicated to be reduced to finger pointing at people who are clearly not being discriminatory in their day to day life.
Yeah I completely agree with you. I do believe POC face institutionalised racism, and there is definitely still a power imbalance. But I do agree that it’s too simplistic. It’s a complex issue that in all honesty I’m nowhere near completely understanding yet.

Reactions: 8
This isn’t going to end well. All because Hunger Mama had a cook book to promote.

I hope there is actually more to it than we know about because based on what we do know, it should have been dealt with off social media between friends/work colleagues. Which I think is what a lot of them wanted to do. But oh no, Hunger Mama & TMS needed their moment on Insta stories
Shame on them.
I actually don’t think it’s fair to lay the blame on them. At the end of the day she was a snake. She chose to admit it to the people involved and ask for them to keep quiet. I’m assuming the people closer to her have kept a dignified silence. The people speaking out clearly just had no relationship with her and are all just as bad as each other. They are all getting an unfollow from me. If you had an actual friendship you would not put stories and posts out there, this would be dealt with in private. Clearly most of these people valued Clemmie as much as she valued them.

Reactions: 9
Am I the only one thinking Tattle as a forum may now also be actively used by those involved in that whole debacle, on either side, to spin their stories? How easily can someone make an account here and start planting pieces of information and then watch from the sidelines to see if it gets picked up and then spun out of control?

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I spent yesterday looking at NMC hearing listings and outcomes with a friend whose also a midwife, for some work she’s doing around the process. Anyway, reading through the NMC is not known for being particularly quick (their investigations take months if not years) and they will often put plans in place and give registrants support and chances to learn, reflect and be a better nurse/midwife (where it’s safe to do so, of course). Anyone, you or I, can refer someone to the NMC if you have concerns. That doesn’t mean they’re ever going to do anything about your complaint, especially if it’s never been raised at a local level (ie the Trust) or its anonymous, or lacking in evidence. People can message the NMC all they want, but unless it’s more than ‘she said a racist thing on the internet one time’ it won’t amount to anything.

Not really much point to this other than to say her being referred to the NMC makes me feel a bit sad and frankly disgusted at the whole thing. Has she been a dick, yes. Do I think she deserves to have her ability and competence as a midwife questioned? No. Do I think people are just loving the drama and want to pile on her? Yes.

Reactions: 51
I also messaged a account that was supporting kelechneckoffs reinstatement. She had not personally even watched the videos! People are so easily fooled it's unbelievable!
I thought that must be the case. Barely any facts, misquotes and hysteria.

I wish Clemmie hadn’t given CB Kelechnekoff the fodder though. None of this would be happening if she hadn’t said what she said. She should have just said CB is agressive - not many people can argue with that.

Sadly the removal of Kelechnekoff’s account only added to the hysteria because people are going off heresay and unreliable reports. Now the stories are gone so there are thousands of people up in arms about institutional racism without the correct information.

However, I think once investigated the NMC will see that all is not as reported and Clemmie’s actual comment will be dealt with appropriately. Perhaps it will result in further training, funding and research into BAME maternity care. That wouldn’t be a bad thing. Just a shame that in the meantime the SODs will have yet more stress.

I don’t FOD expected this when he he said ‘I’ll be back tomorrow!”

Reactions: 7
I’ve always been uncomfortable about how she blurs the lines between her professional role as a midwife and all of this other stuff. I’m a HCP and would never do it as I just think it’s completely unprofessional and, frankly, weird. Her trust and the NMC have permitted it thus far, so it would be pretty poor of them to fire her or take away her PIN. And a shame for women to lose a undoubtedly skilled midwife. Bad press at some point is an inevitable part of being in the public arena and they should have anticipated that. I actually think that they should have given some firm advice at the outset - be one or the other, but not both. It certainly seems that people preferred the midwifery content over the wanky jewellery and holidays.

Reactions: 25
Reactions: 5
One of MOD’s lessons from this should be that if you make people feel a certain way (jealous, small, worthless etc) they will jump at the chance to kick you while you’re down, not try and help you up.

Reactions: 28
Yup. So if she’s going to be pushed she should jump first. Then just post aspirational lifestyle picture posts with no captions and comments off. Back up the FOD brand by proving you’re still alive. No events, no collabs. Insta as it was. Opt out of a ‘comeback’ per se.
So interesting how many of what we thought were her close friends, yesmumm, cherry have jumped shipped and unfollowed MOD straight away. If my friend did what MOD did in real life I would sit down with her and want to know why and try and understand. I wouldn’t delete and then jump on the band wagon against her. These same instamums that we’re fawning on MODs posts when she was at the top of the mountain now she can’t benefit them anymore they’ve turned on her like vultures. Just saying in real life I would not do that do my friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve always been uncomfortable about how she blurs the lines between her professional role as a midwife and all of this other stuff. I’m a HCP and would never do it as I just think it’s completely unprofessional and, frankly, weird. Her trust and the NMC have permitted it thus far, so it would be pretty poor of them to fire her or take away her PIN. And a shame for women to lose a undoubtedly skilled midwife. Bad press at some point is an inevitable part of being in the public arena and they should have anticipated that. I actually think that they should have given some firm advice at the outset - be one or the other, but not both. It certainly seems that people preferred the midwifery content over the wanky jewellery and holidays.
They should have kept it separate yes: she ONLY the midwife stuff, perhaps snippets of being-a mum stuff too, and leave the shilling and flogging of said kids to him. That way he would have been the only bad parent and take the fall when it eventually will go wrong.

Reactions: 4
Dr Christian gets reported all the time. & wasn’t he in the papers recently for suggesting to a bloke on Tinder they should meet up and get high on Ket or something?
Fairly sure he’s still practicing lol

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I spent yesterday looking at NMC hearing listings and outcomes with a friend whose also a midwife, for some work she’s doing around the process. Anyway, reading through the NMC is not known for being particularly quick (their investigations take months if not years) and they will often put plans in place and give registrants support and chances to learn, reflect and be a better nurse/midwife (where it’s safe to do so, of course). Anyone, you or I, can refer someone to the NMC if you have concerns. That doesn’t mean they’re ever going to do anything about your complaint, especially if it’s never been raised at a local level (ie the Trust) or its anonymous, or lacking in evidence. People can message the NMC all they want, but unless it’s more than ‘she said a racist thing on the internet one time’ it won’t amount to anything.

Not really much point to this other than to say her being referred to the NMC makes me feel a bit sad and frankly disgusted at the whole thing. Has she been a dick, yes. Do I think she deserves to have her ability and competence as a midwife questioned? No. Do I think people are just loving the drama and want to pile on her? Yes.
But it’s not the public’s decision and she is an NHS midwife, she uses her platform to get attention as a midwife, This Morning and Radio 4 Jane Garvey as an example. So by bringing this public shame and attention upon herself she is bringing her reputation and her line of work into disrepute. Regardless of the issues around comments on Candice, she is a well known figure and this WILL cause huge issues in her department for those above her particularly when caring for WOC. There will be people kicking off, refusing her care. This is massive and she has damaged her reputation as a professional. It’s really sad. But when she sat at home and chose to Tattle she made a very foolish choice. To come on as herself and try to speak out would have been far wiser. But she couldn’t have spoken her mind.

Reactions: 8
Clemmie’s biggest problem is that she will now have apparently been reported to the NMC three times. Once for inappropriate breastfeeding comments on her blog; once for sending bullying DMs on Instagram; and now for racist comments and ‘trolling’ on Instagram. (The first two might be hearsay?)

It appears she doesn’t have the skills to manage a business social media account, alongside a professional healthcare role.

I personally thought the cheap necklace, scrubs and work badge sales pitch photo was highly unprofessional.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.