MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know people pushing you to buy from fm world too for knock of perfumes?
Yeah this is the one all over my FB. One woman makes out she’s making serious money from it but it is just way too good to be true. Hate how shady it all is.

Reactions: 1
I’ve got a girl on my fb who is selling FM World perfumes but she’s cleverly rebranded her ‘business’ a different name, had to look really closely to realise what it was. Tbf she is very hard faced and believes all her own bullshit about how amazing her life is anyway so she will probably be successful on the recruitment side!

Reactions: 3
My friend is part of a big MLM and is doing incredibly well from it. She’s a proper sales type and is completely reaping the benefits. We were all very sceptical when she started but it seems be working very well for her.
I would neverreeee advise anyone to get into it though, especially the newer startups.

My friend is part of a big MLM and is doing incredibly well from it. She’s a proper sales type and is completely reaping the benefits. We were all very sceptical when she started but it seems be working very well for her.
I would neverreeee advise anyone to get into it though, especially the newer startups.
Genuinely curious as to if you have really seen the finances etc behind how well she is doing. I know someone who was doing ‘well’ but it was all smoke and mirrors. I hope this doesn’t come across as rude, because I am genuinely nosey about how you actually know?
Also is she making money from selling or from having a down line?

I find MLMs really interesting because I can see if you have a huge network and are hard as nails then you could possibly money!

Reactions: 9
For the last year my friend has been selling holidays through a pyramid scheme travel company, at first I thought it was the real deal but then she started posting more about recruiting and the team she's built. Has anyone else seen the travel ones??

I totally forgot someone I went to school with started one ages ago called ‘Business Bombshells’ which was basically her making a down line for her with Juice Plus. Just had a look on Fb/insta and doesn’t look like it’s still going but lots about it on Reddit

For the last year my friend has been selling holidays through a pyramid scheme travel company, at first I thought it was the real deal but then she started posting more about recruiting and the team she's built. Has anyone else seen the travel ones??
I keep seeing various people posting about these on our local village Facebook page. It’s never advertising holidays to book, it’s always posts to recruit people. I just don’t see how they can make much money. When I’m looking to book a holiday I’m thinking along the lines of Virgin and Tui, not having a look on Facebook to see if I can find someone selling one. They all call themselves business owners too 🙄🙄

I know a girl from school who’s on my Facebook that was doing the holiday one about a year and a half ago. Always posting about how she was so grateful that she’d found a job where she could support her family and work from home. I can only now assume she climbed to the dizzy heights of that ladder and it’s just for fun that she’s now flogging Avon 😄😄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A big juice plus rep who lives in my town & makes out he’s a big high flyer top of the pyramid type. Exotic holidays, just got out of rented & brought a pokey small house for 250k, small fish compared to what he sells is his life on fb, utter bull!

Reactions: 4
One person on my Facebook started it last week. I’ll stick to sky scanner and booking.com

I don't know if it had been mentioned earlier in the thread but did anyone see the one on Netflix a few months ago about Herbalife? Whole communities are getting themselves into trouble while the fat cats sit at the top. It's disgusting.
Do you know the name of the documentary please?

I’ve used a body shop product for years but I will always get it in store. I’m buying nothing Karen on my Facebook who hasn’t got a bleeping clue what she’s selling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
One of my neighbours started the body shop at the start of lockdown but I’ve only bought a couple of bits that I needed to replenish (and a wee treat for my mum as she couldn’t get out). I have bought body shop products for years (in stores) so it’s less dubious than unknown products such as Arbonne.

We are in a village and the seller has primary school age children so she’s played a blinder being able to build up clients, deliver things safely and without breaking travelling rules. I think because it is a known brand it has done well, although I don’t like her recent fb posts showing off the new gear she has bought from sales!!

A family member I’ve mentioned previously is now on her third MLM (tropic) complete with the same old nonsense about being able to work around her family etc etc. The products are the best thing ever apparently and have really cleared up her skin - but because I’m sceptical I think if you commit to a stringent skin care regime when you weren’t previously arsed, your skin is going to improve.

Didn’t Tropic come from an apprentice winner?
Yes the owner is Suzie Ma who was on the Apprentice. She didnt win however Alan Sugar did invest in her company anyway. Over the last year or two it seems to have been reduced to the MLM businesd model which instantly makes it less appealing to me. As somone above previously mentioned, if you start a skin regime with any skin care range of course you will see an improvement if you previously werent bothered.

Reactions: 5
One person on my Facebook started it last week. I’ll stick to sky scanner and booking.com

Do you know the name of the documentary please?

I’ve used a body shop product for years but I will always get it in store. I’m buying nothing Karen on my Facebook who hasn’t got a bleeping clue what she’s selling.
It’s called Betting on Zero but I couldn’t get it on Netflix anymore. If you google it you’ll be able to watch it online/YouTube! X

An organiser of a healthy eating/get fit group on Meetup tried to sell me Herbalife products earlier this year. The "basic" package was around £128. I ended up leaving the group.

One of my relatives has recently started selling Arbonne, she’s already approached me and my daughter to ‘join her tribe’ and become sell the products . I’ve had to unfollow her on social media as she clogs my feed full of Arbonne ads ( or vomiting Arbonne as we call it !)

They are branching out from alovera diet shake lipgloss or whatever... check out utility warehouse 🙄
Utility warehouse are absolutely dreadful! I signed up with them for gas, electric, broadband and a contract phone. Paid it all for 3 years, decided to go with sky for broadband and they whacked a £400 fee on my account for breaking a contract even though there was no contract😡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Utility warehouse are absolutely dreadful! I signed up with them for gas, electric, broadband and a contract phone. Paid it all for 3 years, decided to go with sky for broadband and they whacked a £400 fee on my account for breaking a contract even though there was no contract😡
That's horrible. It's so much money compared to a bubble bath or whatever and they prey on mums who want to work around childcare when it's just another pyramid scheme to recruit others to sell.

Sarah from My Budget Home on Instagram sells FM and she showed her comission last month and it was over £12k, she has a massive team below her though and makes alot of money through them.

Has anyone ever bought a FM perfume/aftershave? I'm tempted just to see if they are good.

Sarah from My Budget Home on Instagram sells FM and she showed her comission last month and it was over £12k, she has a massive team below her though and makes alot of money through them.

Has anyone ever bought a FM perfume/aftershave? I'm tempted just to see if they are good.
Are they being honest about what they earn though? I follow someone who is part of one of these mlms (not sure which the company name is all very secret for some reason?) and she only has around 2k followers yet is claiming she’s made over 30k the last 2 months! I find it very hard to believe.

Are they being honest about what they earn though? I follow someone who is part of one of these mlms (not sure which the company name is all very secret for some reason?) and she only has around 2k followers yet is claiming she’s made over 30k the last 2 months! I find it very hard to believe.
She has 300,000 followers and it was screenshots from the FM website she shared.

She also shared screenshots of her teams messages telling her how much they earned, and it was all £100s, she explained how it all works, it's all about points which exchange into £'s so if one of her team sells a perfume they get x amount of points and she gets the same amount of points

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.