Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I can’t understand is why his mum didn’t get a second post-mortem done at the time. It came back that he had drowned, yet no water samples were taken to see if the water in his lungs matched the water in the drain. The police said no foul play the second he was found. It’s a bizarre case and I hope his mum finally gets answers soon.
Totally agree, we can only wonder, maybe she was in such a state she was thinking straight and they had fed her the suicide/accident narrative.
I thought he was cremated very quickly too, maybe that was as a way to stop further post mortems. It seemed like he was found, no foul play and a day or 2 later an entire funeral was arranged.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Yep, and knowing the history of the police in NI, I don't blame the family for being very questioning about things.

Esra Uyrun, another odd case from Ireland. Left house in West Dublin one morning to apparently buy milk, car spotted in Bray (opposite side of Dublin) and found parked with no sign of Esra, keys turn up in a chip shop months later? Sounds like maybe a suicide (Bray is by the sea) or else someone well known to her harmed her?

This is a case that has always intrigued me too. There is a podcast series called The Missing that includes this case with an interview with Esra's sister.

Reactions: 3
One of the most famous Irish missing persons cases, the disappearance of Mary Boyle aged 6 in 1977, in a rural area of Ireland.

Theories abound. Some have alleged the uncle (who Mary followed that day) has something to do with it. There's a split in the family with Mary's mother and niece on one side (who believe the uncle is innocent), and Mary's twin sister on the other side (who believes the uncle is guilty). I'm not sure who to believe, to be honest.

Allegations of police mishandling and political interference too, some of which I'd take with a pinch of salt (advocated by Gemma O'Doherty who is a loon of a journalist - although to be fair the police in Ireland don't have the best reputation)

Robert Black was put forward as a suspect too but I don't find it credible.

I would like to see the McCann case solved in my lifetime.
I can't see it. I believe Maddie is dead. I believe the parents did use calpol to keep her asleep but bar being absolutely stupid I don't believe they are involved in any other way.
For the longest time I thought it was them then along came a Netflix documentary and I learnt for the 1st time, they were not the only people to leave their children alone, everyone around that table had kids left in rooms. They took turns checking and had done this the duration of their stay.
White middle class feeling safe in a luxury resort and too busy thinking of themselves. Well the men certainly.
It seems they were the unlucky ones, I wonder to this day did their friends round that table realise how lucky they were it wasn't one of their kids.

Reactions: 20
From reading some articles about it it seems like the family know who did it? The papers never name anyone but it’s all very wink wink hush hush. Sounds like the couple suffered terribly. How awful
do you think it’s the same group of people who was involved with the murder of keian woods?

Not sure if this fits the title as it's up in the air as to whether it's a murder or not.
Kirsty Maxwell?
The Scottish girl that went on a hen to Benidorm and ended up dead, they arrested 5 men that had let Kirsty into their room. They said she was erratic and confused, one minute was behaving odd, next jumped to her death. Lots of strange things about the case including the Spanish police destroying evidence and general crap approach to the case.

Reactions: 26
do you think it’s the same group of people who was involved with the murder of keian woods?
I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that case, I’m in England but did some Googling and read some Irish newspaper articles. Cornelius Price was a name which kept cropping up as a potential crime associate of the killers but no other names mentioned

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this fits the title as it's up in the air as to whether it's a murder or not.
Kirsty Maxwell?
The Scottish girl that went on a hen to Benidorm and ended up dead, they arrested 5 men that had let Kirsty into their room. They said she was erratic and confused, one minute was behaving odd, next jumped to her death. Lots of strange things about the case including the Spanish police destroying evidence and general crap approach to the case.
Yes it’s a bizzare one! I’d love to know what really happened.

Reactions: 9
Yes it’s a bizzare one! I’d love to know what really happened.
I think she was either frightened by them or yes she was confused and they probably laughed and let her climb over the rail not thinking she'd fall, of course they can't admit that, allowing her death would bring a sentence. I can't see any of them throwing her over, but suppose they didn't all see.

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that case, I’m in England but did some Googling and read some Irish newspaper articles. Cornelius Price was a name which kept cropping up as a potential crime associate of the killers but no other names mentioned
Yeah i think they are all involved in the Drogheda feud. Look up kian woods it was awful what happend to himhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Keane_Mulready-Woods

Cornelius Price was Keane Mulready Woods godfather. He had already come across a local psychotic hitman by the name Robbie Lawler in prison and weren't friends. Rival gangs etc. In retaliation for a mugging (Keane Mulready Woods was a part of the gang) the mugging being shown on SM. The gym bag they stole had flip flops which they wore on SM taking the piss. Robbie Lawler and another guy (cant remember name) kidnapped, tortured and dismembered KMW with body parts found around the town (Dogheda in Ireland) . Posting videos of his mutilated body on SM with Robbie Lawlers flip flops in the vid

Robbie Lawler didn't hide and carried about his business (drug money collector, hitman, general bleeping nutter!) . Robbie Lawler was found with bullets to his head a few weeks later in someone garden as he was about to pick up a drug run from!. The same day Cornelius Price sent a vid on SM toasting his death. Keane was only 14 but had been doing drug runs too for Cornelius' gang.

There is soooooo much more to the story but thats the jist of it

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think she was either frightened by them or yes she was confused and they probably laughed and let her climb over the rail not thinking she'd fall, of course they can't admit that, allowing her death would bring a sentence. I can't see any of them throwing her over, but suppose they didn't all see.
Sounds plausible to me! Or they had been doing something not strictly legal in there…

Reactions: 3
Cornelius Price was Keane Mulready Woods godfather. He had already come across a local psychotic hitman by the name Robbie Lawler in prison and weren't friends. Rival gangs etc. In retaliation for a mugging (Keane Mulready Woods was a part of the gang) the mugging being shown on SM. The gym bag they stole had flip flops which they wore on SM taking the piss. Robbie Lawler and another guy (cant remember name) kidnapped, tortured and dismembered KMW with body parts found around the town (Dogheda in Ireland) . Posting videos of his mutilated body on SM with Robbie Lawlers flip flops in the vid

Robbie Lawler didn't hide and carried about his business (drug money collector, hitman, general bleeping nutter!) . Robbie Lawler was found with bullets to his head a few weeks later in someone garden as he was about to pick up a drug from!. The same day Cornelius Price sent a vid on SM toasting his death. Keane was only 14 but had been doing drug runs too for Cornelius' gang.

There is soooooo much more to the story but thats the jist of it
Well they all sound like delightful young men 😮

just looked and Drogheda has a population of 40K??? How does such a small town have so many criminals? I’m not familiar with Irish organised crime at all so hope I’m not being ignorant

Reactions: 6

just looked and Drogheda has a population of 40K??? How does such a small town have so many criminals? I’m not familiar with Irish organised crime at all so hope I’m not being ignorant
Certainly a place I don't care to visit! All as bad as eachother by all accounts but I do feel for Keane, no one should die like that. Also, even tho Robbie was a nutter, I do feel for the 3 young children now left without a Dad. Honestly, there could be a movie made with all the links and back stories that lead to this horrible outcome.

Just to say I'm a Brit, not local to Drogheda but did follow the case at the time.

This is a case that has always intrigued me too. There is a podcast series called The Missing that includes this case with an interview with Esra's sister.
I also think the Esra Uyrun case is very strange.
How come her husband is never mentioned?
Naturally her sister is desperate to find her or find out what happened but nothing ever mentioned of the husband or son?
To me it’s suspicious.
I’ve listened to the podcast.

Reactions: 2
I also think the Esra Uyrun case is very strange.
How come her husband is never mentioned?
Naturally her sister is desperate to find her or find out what happened but nothing ever mentioned of the husband or son?
To me it’s suspicious.
I’ve listened to the podcast.
Yeah the husband doesn't seem to be part of any of the public appeals? Esra's sister never mentions him. I know the husband and son returned to England, but no more.

Reminds me of the dynamic in the Tina Satchwell case (she's missing a few years now from Cork) where the family is running a campaign to find her, and the husband making appeals independently. There seems to be a lot more to that case that hasn't been made public.

Not sure has anyone discussed the Amy Fitzpatrick case here before? Irish girl (15 I think) went missing on the Costa Del Sol in 2008 on NYE, not a trace of her since. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Amy_Fitzpatrick
It had a seriously weird family dynamic. Amy and her bro lived with their mum and stepdad near Fuengirola. A few years after Amy went missing, her stepdad Dave STABBED Amy's bro Dean to death and did time for it... And Amy's mum stood by him, still lives with him now after he's been released from prison.
Massive elephant in the room obviously.
Again Amy's biological dad and aunt are running an independent Find Amy campaign, to her biological mum who runs her own campaign.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Channel 5 are doing a documentary on that Billie jo whoes dad was arrested for her murder 3 times , can't remember the full story just going on the advert but vaguely remember it

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.