Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The delphi case. Don't think there has been any updates
That’s the one, thanks. Can Google now. Those poor girls: Abigail Williams and Liberty German, I’m waiting for their case to be solved - hope it’s not many more years!

It was the anniversary of their deaths this week. I know a few months ago they were looking into a fake Instagram account who had been talking to one of the girls, the guy behind it called Kegan Kline is thought to be one of the last people to speak to them. He has a history of child related crimes. Apart from that nothing has been said. I’m guessing they are working hard to solve this but need to keep a lot of the evidence out of the public eye.
Oh wow the anniversary, I must have had a sixth sense then! Hope the monster who did this knows his time is up soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
There’s a good BBC4 podcast on the case of Cheryl Grimmer - an English toddler taken from an Australian beach. I had never heard of it until someone recommended the podcast called Fairy Meadow. So sad. Her brother who was responsible for her around the age of 8 left her for around a few minutes to get his mum as she wouldn’t come out of the ladies changing room - and his pain is so awful the grief he got for it and his current struggles even now.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I was also thinking about the Delphi murders the other day and googled. That Kline guy is awful. Feels like too much of a coincidence to me that he was the last to speak to them on Snapchat, they shared their location via Snapchat, he lives only 30 miles away and he looks very similar to the bridge guy except he’s quite a bit larger now. He’s done an interview from prison saying that they suspect him in the murders but he ‘100% didn’t kill them’. I’m not sure how credible that statement is. However, I might be reading too much into it as I’d love for these poor girls families to finally find closure.

P
There’s a good BBC4 podcast on the case of Cheryl Grimmer - an English toddler taken from an Australian beach. I had never heard of it until someone recommended the podcast called Fairy Meadow. So sad. Her brother who was responsible for her around the age of 8 left her for around a few minutes to get his mum as she wouldn’t come out of the ladies changing room - and his pain is so awful the grief he got for it and his current struggles even now.

Oh that is heart breaking. That poor man!

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Thanks for sharing this story

The article was heartbreaking to read. I hope the family is able to get answers :( the only person to blame here is the person who took her. It's sad that her brothers carried guilt with him for all these years :(

• Sad
I've spent this evening reading this post and I'm 50% distressed and 50% freaked out by some of the things I have read. Definitely not a late night read!!

I've just been on the NCA missing persons page and I cannot believe that there are so many people who have passed away and nobody is missing them. It is so sad, so many people on that planet and nobody to 'claim' these bodies. I can't get my head around it.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
David Claude Yeager
Went missing age 17 in 1971. He usually got a lift with his mum, but she was away for a couple days. He left home to go out and it's believed he hitch hiked but there have been no leads. His bank account was never touched again. Sadly his mum died without getting any answers. She refused to have him declared dead and included him in her will, hoping he'd be alive out there somewhere

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I've just been on the NCA missing persons page and I cannot believe that there are so many people who have passed away and nobody is missing them. It is so sad, so many people on that planet and nobody to 'claim' these bodies. I can't get my head around it.
I’ve been on this website before and it’s quite upsetting. Especially those with photos of the deceased. I looked up my county and there’s a few on there. One woman was found in the 70s and was a mother. It’s just mad to think there is someone out there not knowing where their mum is?! So many unclaimed people it’s mad!

• Sad
I’ve been on this website before and it’s quite upsetting. Especially those with photos of the deceased. I looked up my county and there’s a few on there. One woman was found in the 70s and was a mother. It’s just mad to think there is someone out there not knowing where their mum is?! So many unclaimed people it’s mad!
Absolutely mind-blowing. Someone's mum, possibly someone's grandmother, great grandmother..
The people who placed themselves in front of a train have quite good CCTV images, you'd think someone would recognise them from that.

I read one and it said the person had a s plastic medal saying 'winner' and a badge of a Disney princess, to me it read like a parent of young children. I'm just repeating myself now but surely even the next door neighbour would be able to recognise these people.

I'm going to stop now!

• Sad
Its sad to think a lot of people may never be found or identified :( for a lot of older cases family who were looking for them have now passed away themselves. In some cases the family might think someone has runaway or started a new life so they have no reason to worry. In other cases they'll be looking for someone who's considered a Jane doe in another state

• Sad
I find unidentified body cases haunting. This one 'Angel of the Meadow' got a lot of publicity in 2010 but sadly no breakthrough despite some intriguing evidence such as a dress with a pattern found, would love to see it solved

The headless woman's body found at Cockley Cley is another well known one

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I've just finished listening to a series of short Radio 4 podcasts about the murder of Elsie Frost who was 14 and murdered in 1965. The podcasts included interviews with her brother and sister along with the son and cousin of the man who was accused of her murder and acquitted. It was really interesting and moving hearing the interviews. The man who was arrested continued to take note of dates and times of his journeys for years after as the reason he was accused was that witness reports did not tally up with his accounts of where he was when Elsie was killed. There was also an interview with a lady who was Elsie's friend and who would have been with Elsie had her mother not been unwell. I got emotional hearing that she had held guilt all these years and she felt that if she had been walking home with Elsie she would not have died. She has written letters to Elsie apologising and sort of telling her about life and all she has missed out on. Elsie's siblings have spent over 50 years trying to find out what happened. Vital evidence was not stored and so they can't do any updated testing on clothing etc.

I can't imagine how something like that happening to your daughter, sister, friend etc would shape your life and then to never get to the bottom of it and get justice.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
A lot of these older cases are being solved and will be solved in our lifetimes. So many doe's have been identified n the US during the pandemic. Advances in technology means forensic are able to do more and go back and test items for DNA. I think it's amazing. Obviously in these cases the perpetrator may have long since passed away so will never face justice but at least some answers are found.

I'm hoping to get up to Manchester to visit the Angel of the Meadow's grave at some point. I doubt she gets many visitors and it's a case I really, really want to know the answers to.

This is a UK Doe case I've been looking into. Who is Katrina? Did she murder him? Was it a double murder and she washed up elsewhere? Looking into marriage records may help but If they're Greek like I suspect then that may make it more difficult. There can't be many Georgio and Katrinas married in 1956 and it would be easy to rule out those who are alive or known deceased.
Missing Persons Georgio And Katrina - Locate International

Reactions: 4
I've just finished listening to a series of short Radio 4 podcasts about the murder of Elsie Frost who was 14 and murdered in 1965. The podcasts included interviews with her brother and sister along with the son and cousin of the man who was accused of her murder and acquitted. It was really interesting and moving hearing the interviews. The man who was arrested continued to take note of dates and times of his journeys for years after as the reason he was accused was that witness reports did not tally up with his accounts of where he was when Elsie was killed. There was also an interview with a lady who was Elsie's friend and who would have been with Elsie had her mother not been unwell. I got emotional hearing that she had held guilt all these years and she felt that if she had been walking home with Elsie she would not have died. She has written letters to Elsie apologising and sort of telling her about life and all she has missed out on. Elsie's siblings have spent over 50 years trying to find out what happened. Vital evidence was not stored and so they can't do any updated testing on clothing etc.

I can't imagine how something like that happening to your daughter, sister, friend etc would shape your life and then to never get to the bottom of it and get justice.
I’ve read a fair bit about Elsie as I walk past the spot where she was murdered often, the steps where she was found are still there although not really usable. They believe they know who did it and expected to press charges but the man died(he had also been convicted for killing another teenage girl).

• Sad
I’ve read a fair bit about Elsie as I walk past the spot where she was murdered often, the steps where she was found are still there although not really usable. They believe they know who did it and expected to press charges but the man died(he had also been convicted for killing another teenage girl).
Peter Pickering, who killed Shirley Anne Boldy in 1972, was the suspect.

Reactions: 1
A lot of these older cases are being solved and will be solved in our lifetimes. So many doe's have been identified n the US during the pandemic. Advances in technology means forensic are able to do more and go back and test items for DNA. I think it's amazing. Obviously in these cases the perpetrator may have long since passed away so will never face justice but at least some answers are found.

I'm hoping to get up to Manchester to visit the Angel of the Meadow's grave at some point. I doubt she gets many visitors and it's a case I really, really want to know the answers to.

This is a UK Doe case I've been looking into. Who is Katrina? Did she murder him? Was it a double murder and she washed up elsewhere? Looking into marriage records may help but If they're Greek like I suspect then that may make it more difficult. There can't be many Georgio and Katrinas married in 1956 and it would be easy to rule out those who are alive or known deceased.
Missing Persons Georgio And Katrina - Locate International
I'm fascinated by the doe cases too. I get very frustrated when I hear that evidence from old cases has been binned, lessening the chance of identifications of victims or perps.

Here's one of the most fascinating and sad Jane Doe cases i've ever read about, it took 50 years for her to be id'd after being found dead in a hotel pool https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/pecos-jane-identified-forensic-genealogy/

I'm reading about the G&K case now, interesting - wonder was the "and" in English or in Greek?

There is lots of talk again about the missing boy Lee Boxall . . Ive always followed this as he went to my school.
I think they are looking again at graves at the local cemetary, especially as the "grave digger" from around the time Lee went missing died a year or so ago.
Lots of chat about it on FB 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Did anyone hear of the heartbreaking case of Susan Powell? Her father in law would record her and always be very creepy with her, she moved state with her husband and 2 boys to get away from the dad who ended up going to jail for possession of child images. Her husband became really possessive of her and she told friends that if she went missing it was due to her husband. One day she just vanished which just so happened to be the day her husband ‘took’ her 2 young sons camping in the middle of winter and when they got home she was gone. There was a fight for custody between the husband and Susan’s family, when the husband realised he wasn’t going to get full custody of the sons he killed them both and himself in a house fire :( a truly awful sad story.
some remains have been found in the past few days which are believed to be Susans.. I hope they are so her family can have their daughter back and have some sort of closure from this nightmare

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Did anyone hear of the heartbreaking case of Susan Powell? Her father in law would record her and always be very creepy with her, she moved state with her husband and 2 boys to get away from the dad who ended up going to jail for possession of child images. Her husband became really possessive of her and she told friends that if she went missing it was due to her husband. One day she just vanished which just so happened to be the day her husband ‘took’ her 2 young sons camping in the middle of winter and when they got home she was gone. There was a fight for custody between the husband and Susan’s family, when the husband realised he wasn’t going to get full custody of the sons he killed them both and himself in a house fire :( a truly awful sad story.
some remains have been found in the past few days which are believed to be Susans.. I hope they are so her family can have their daughter back and have some sort of closure from this nightmare
I just saw this one on tiktok

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.