Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sleepflowers

VIP Member
Also I think as a girl it was always drummed into me that talking to strangers online/meeting them was extremely dangerous, for obvious reasons, because it would be a nasty old man who would rape and kill you. But I feel like this was a message mostly oriented towards girls rather than boys, as if it wasn't possible for them to be targeted in this way? Hence why Andrew may have felt ok about meeting someone because he didn't feel as vulnerable, when he clearly was.

Reactions: 20

Ceejayaitch

I would like to know what happened to flight mh370. Are they missing people or murder victims?

whoareyouu

VIP Member
I am around Andrew's age (currently 29) and he sounds similar to how I was in 2007, very 'online'. Social media didn't really exist but I was often talking to strangers online in 2007, through forums or MSN Messenger, blogs etc, based around my interests. I never met up with any of them because I was a kid and too scared to travel to meet any of them, so I think the grooming thing is very possible and he went to London thinking he was meeting an online friend.
I agree. I’m 31 and it was very common. There was definitely still a stigma around meeting up with people online but grooming did happen. Like on chat roulette where random men would be jacking off 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow

Tui

VIP Member
online dating is a terrifying thing tbh. i know most people are joking about how OTT “the tinder swindler” is but the first woman was fully prepared to go on a private jet with a man she had just met! i’ve had friends of mine (and actually seen on other threads here) give out their address to people they’ve met on tinder before they’ve even met them.

you ultimately have no clue who you’re talking to as you start to reveal details about yourself or who you’re going to meet when you make plans. it’s so sad if that’s what’s happened in these cases :(
Remember Grace Millane was murdered in Auckland - met a guy on a tinder date, had a one night stand and he strangled her and put her body in a suitcase ☹ Then went out on a date with another girl while she was dead in his flat.

• Sad

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve started reading this thread in bed and I’m Googling all the cases and now I’m really freaked out but I can’t stop 😭 why do I do this to myself

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

hol20x

VIP Member
There are honestly so many! Ben Needham, Andrew Gosden, Katrice Lee. Of course Maddie McCann, but I don’t think we’ll ever get a conclusion to that.

People may not be familiar with the case of Noah Donohoe. He was a 14 year old mixed race boy who went missing in Belfast in June 2020, then 6 days later his body was found naked in a storm drain. Immediately the police said there was no foul play, which is suspicious considering the circumstances he was found in. Cause of death was ruled to be drowning. His mum is campaigning for answers. So many things don’t add up about this case.

• Sad
  • Wow

nurseren

VIP Member
I grew up in Lincolnshire and I’ve followed Andrew’s case since the day it happened. The bus stop in my Mums town still has his photo on. When the rumours online appeared that he was living in Lincoln, I posted leaflets at the uni and at my hospitals A&E so people knew what to look for.

im a bit soft but I really believed that he was still alive. I still hope he is.

I still can't understand how the last Cctv was at the train station and then he just vanished into thin air. Maybe if he has been trafficked he could still be alive but in another country.
the police didn’t check the CCTV for 7 days and by that point, it was wiped.

• Sad
  • Wow

sleepflowers

VIP Member
I can't believe this news - really hope something comes of it and they can get some closure on what happened to him. Sounds like they found photos? :(

• Sad
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Who is the third in Blanch?

Remember Graham Dwyer met Elaine O'Hara online and its just pure luck her body was found.
online dating is a terrifying thing tbh. i know most people are joking about how OTT “the tinder swindler” is but the first woman was fully prepared to go on a private jet with a man she had just met! i’ve had friends of mine (and actually seen on other threads here) give out their address to people they’ve met on tinder before they’ve even met them.

you ultimately have no clue who you’re talking to as you start to reveal details about yourself or who you’re going to meet when you make plans. it’s so sad if that’s what’s happened in these cases :(

• Heart
Reactions: 18

suprnatural

Definitely. I was 14 years old in 2007 chatting to random strangers (God knows who) every night on Habbo Hotel, MySpace, etc 🥴🥴
Yup, I was 15 in 2007 and remember planning to move from Scotland to Philidelphia for my Habbo Hotel boyfriend... My mum found out about it and hit the roof. 😳

Definitely possible he was groomed online.

• Haha
  • Wow

thaliamay

Chatty Member
For me personally I'd like to find out what happened to Madeleine Mccann during my lifetime.

Another one that's been mentioned before & stayed with me is Corrie Mckeague.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Netflix has a doc available called Amanda Knox. Might sound woo, but I've learned to trust my gut feeling about people even when I've tried to ignore it I'm usually proved right in the end.

She's one person I get bad vibes from just watching and I don't trust her at all.

Meredith's father also died last year after a suspected hit-and-run incident- so double heartache and grief for them.

• Sad

Eureka

VIP Member
Hopefully there’s nothing to this hard to imagine he’d rob his baby of a mother
why is that so hard to imagine? Most women are killed by their partner. Men don’t give a shit about their kids when they do things like this.

• Sad

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
Did anyone hear of the heartbreaking case of Susan Powell? Her father in law would record her and always be very creepy with her, she moved state with her husband and 2 boys to get away from the dad who ended up going to jail for possession of child images. Her husband became really possessive of her and she told friends that if she went missing it was due to her husband. One day she just vanished which just so happened to be the day her husband ‘took’ her 2 young sons camping in the middle of winter and when they got home she was gone. There was a fight for custody between the husband and Susan’s family, when the husband realised he wasn’t going to get full custody of the sons he killed them both and himself in a house fire :( a truly awful sad story.
some remains have been found in the past few days which are believed to be Susans.. I hope they are so her family can have their daughter back and have some sort of closure from this nightmare

• Sad

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been said but one case that intrigued me at the time due to the pure mystery of it all was that of Corrie McKeague, the lad in the RAF who went missing from Bury St Edmunds area on a night out. I remember there was a lot of drama around it at the time with various fb groups and family members as well as lots of different theories going on. Anyone else ever wonder about this and what really happened?
I think sadly he probably did end up being taken away accidently in a bin truck and his body was most likely taken to a landfill.

Reactions: 17

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Claudia Lawrence. She left for work that morning and was never seen again; I'm sure it was someone who knew her who did it; I think there was rumours that she was having an affair at the time and there was a man seen hanging around her property the morning of her disappearance as well.

• Heart

Octopies

Chatty Member
Re Andrew Gosden (who I think about a lot)

one thing that makes my spine tingle is that in 2008 a man visited Leominster Police Station out of hours and said (via an intercom) he had information about Andrew but by the time an officer came out to speak to him the person had gone…

• Wow
  • Sad