Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

squiffle

It’s Andrew Gosden’s 28th birthday today. How can there really be no trace of this guy?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

at-the-disco

Chatty Member
just my two cents, (i dont mean to sound insensitive in any of these)

Amy Lynn Bradley - i think it's glaringly obvious that she unfortunately fell overboard. in fact, i personally dont even class this as an unresolved case. the sex trafficking thing is very far fetched. no proof, dodgy sightings. very sad and horrific, but there is no mystery here

corrie mckeague - another one, no mystery here, he was drunk and decided to sleep in the bin. he got taken to the landfill, they may never find his body. i personally don't class this as an unresolved mystery either, the parents just obviously don't want to accept that their son would do something so irrational.

maddie mccaan - absolutely no evidence or reason to even think that the parents are involved. they are blatantly not, they would have been charged or at least caught by now, it's been years of extensive analysis. they are guilty of course for leaving the poor kids alone in the room, but i would eat my foot if it came out that they had something to do with it.

i cant remember the exact quote i read but i have been obsessed with unresolved mysteries for a few years now, and it's almost ALWAYS the most obvious outcome that is the truth as to what happened. these are obviously just my opinions but i've loved reading these threads <3

Reactions: 23

Kmacg

Andrews dad performed as part of a choir at a festival I went to and when he told his story about his son I fucking sobbed. I think about him alot as his poster is still up on my route to work. Cant even begin to imagine how his family feel 💔

• Sad
  • Heart

redball00n

VIP Member
The social services reports are also easily available to read for anyone who is interested. I’m not sure what I believe happened to her, but her parents are absolutely disgusting pieces of trash and the poor girl never stood a chance.

• Sad

citrineday

Chatty Member
this was posted onto the andrew gosden reddit thread. not only is this comment so creepy anyway, but he joined youtube on the tenth anniversary of andrews disappearance and then commented this a year later. this is also the only comment he has ever made. no other comment other than this. this altogether rings alarm bells to me. it could of course be a troll, but on the anniversary, and commenting this a year later, and this being the only comment ever? let’s also not forget that it can be very common for murderers/ abductees to obsess on social media and even comment things like this as some kind of sick satisfaction. i think it definitely needs looking into...

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad

dottynotty

Chatty Member
There’s a good BBC4 podcast on the case of Cheryl Grimmer - an English toddler taken from an Australian beach. I had never heard of it until someone recommended the podcast called Fairy Meadow. So sad. Her brother who was responsible for her around the age of 8 left her for around a few minutes to get his mum as she wouldn’t come out of the ladies changing room - and his pain is so awful the grief he got for it and his current struggles even now.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Alistess

Chatty Member
Claudia Lawrence. She left for work that morning and was never seen again; I'm sure it was someone who knew her who did it; I think there was rumours that she was having an affair at the time and there was a man seen hanging around her property the morning of her disappearance as well.

I get the impression the police know or strongly suspect who was involved with her disappearance but don’t have enough evidence.

MHB28

Claudia Lawrence’s dad has passed away. So sad, especially when he still has no idea where his daughter is.

• Sad

Treesy19

VIP Member
Charlene just had no chance in life, did she. A chill down my spine reading that that old bloke was fixing up his fly and she was in her nightie. Wtf. Parents fully on board with abuse I take it. Shame on them.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

Catalyst

Claudia Lawrence’s dad has passed away. So sad, especially when he still has no idea where his daughter is.
I work by the solicitors Peter ran; until he retired I would see him around daily/weekly - I have such respect and admiration for the man, he always came across as a very gentle and kind soul. His work for Claudia's Law and Missing Person's charities is admirable and his OBE well deserved.

RIP Peter, I hope you're with Claudia now.

• Heart

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
It’s so bloody disgusting. I hope that one day the truth of what happened to her is found out. To think that so many of those men will still be out there abusing vulnerable young girls makes me feel sick. It’s not a surprise at all that her brother also had a fucked up life, poor bloke.

• Sad

Came for the comments

Chatty Member
There are rumours that often swirl around but are very quickly shut down that the vicar may had something to do with it as he saw Andrew that morning he disappeared ,Andrew had recently stopped going to church the vicar had a key to Andrews house and was going round for tea at the family’s house the night Andrew disappeared, andrew will
Always be the case I wish could be solved he’s only a few years younger than me I really hope he’s happy and built a new life away from whatever he felt he needed to leave

• Sad
  • Wow

Omzig98

Wow this is the thread for me!

-Delphi Murders: apparently the reason they haven’t released hardly any details on the case is because it is utterly bizarre / the crime scene is really strange. and releasing the details would compromise.

-Maddie McCann, poor baby. Her parents should have been punished regardless. If it was a young parent off a council estate or in the lower income end, that left 3 toddlers unattended to go to the pub they’d have the remaining kids taken off them and they’d have been imprisoned.

-Georgia Gharsallah, mother went missing in the uk and hasnt been seen since. Recent case too but no publicity.

I check the Missing People Uk FB page almost daily, its absolutely fascinating but also so dark. May peace be with all of them.

• Wow

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
I would like to see the McCann case solved in my lifetime.
I can't see it. I believe Maddie is dead. I believe the parents did use calpol to keep her asleep but bar being absolutely stupid I don't believe they are involved in any other way.
For the longest time I thought it was them then along came a Netflix documentary and I learnt for the 1st time, they were not the only people to leave their children alone, everyone around that table had kids left in rooms. They took turns checking and had done this the duration of their stay.
White middle class feeling safe in a luxury resort and too busy thinking of themselves. Well the men certainly.
It seems they were the unlucky ones, I wonder to this day did their friends round that table realise how lucky they were it wasn't one of their kids.

Reverend

VIP Member
I don't know if anyone saw the documentary about Brady and Hindley recently. The programme has an expert saying that there is the possibility that Keith Bennetts body no longer exists. Unlike the rest of the victims that they buried on the moors who were encased in peat, they think that Keith's body was put in much acidic soil which may have dissolved it, and animals may have taken the rest. Desperately sad.

• Sad
  • Wow

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
A couple of years ago I had a leaflet through my door about Andrew, as there was a possibility he was living and working in the city I live in. It stated that he may be working in a shop or cafe, but obviously nothing ever came of it.

Fun side fact - twice now I have had random people on Reddit message me asking if I'm Andrew 😂 apparently because my username has 'roo' in it, and I have posted about him a couple of times it's made them think I could be him. The 'roo' is a reference to my cat's nickname,and at the time he went missing I was heavily pregnant, so I am categorically not Andrew.

Missing people cases really stick with me, it must be so hard to just not know. Obviously having a family member killed would be horrendous, but at least you could properly grieve, and not spend the rest of your life wondering if they are out there somewhere.

• Sad

nurseren

VIP Member
I would be really surprised if Andrew was groomed online as he went missing in 2007, which was before we were using the internet in the way we are now. There was no evidence to suggest he was and he didn’t even have an email address. If he was groomed I think it would more likely to do with the camp he went on in the summer before he went missing. Either way, I really hope his family (and we!) get some answers soon from these men who have been arrested.
in 2007 I was meeting friends off the internet; I was really into punk and metal but my friends weren’t. My parents were so liberal with this, but they would only agree if I gave them the persons number and asked to see a photo. In 2007 I was 22, so much older than Andrew but internet message boards were rife. I camped with a bunch of people from the internet at Reading!

it wasn’t tinder or Ig, but if you were into metal music it’s certain you were on K! or Metal Hammer.