Missing people and murder cases #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been listening to the latest The Missing podcast? I find it mad to believe that in the UK so many people have gone missing for years, some even decades. I could understand in a larger country like the US or Australia or somewhere, but in the UK is crazy because we're a smaller country and most people end up being found whether alive or dead... I was listening to the Georgina Gharsallah episode and found it crazy how she was last seen walking through Worthing town and hasn't been seen in over 4 years since. Luke Durbin randomly vanished from a night out in Ipswich in 2006 and people spotted him in a car being driven by someone and a passenger next to the driver, and he was sat in the back. I'm on the Allan Bryant episode currently.

Reactions: 13
Has anyone been listening to the latest The Missing podcast? I find it mad to believe that in the UK so many people have gone missing for years, some even decades. I could understand in a larger country like the US or Australia or somewhere, but in the UK is crazy because we're a smaller country and most people end up being found whether alive or dead... I was listening to the Georgina Gharsallah episode and found it crazy how she was last seen walking through Worthing town and hasn't been seen in over 4 years since. Luke Durbin randomly vanished from a night out in Ipswich in 2006 and people spotted him in a car being driven by someone and a passenger next to the driver, and he was sat in the back. I'm on the Allan Bryant episode currently.

Im just about to start this podcast but I completely agree it baffles me, like where do people just vanish too in the UK.
Usually they're found a short time after in the water or woods etc but to just completely vanish without a trace .. people don't just vanish 🧐
Human trafficking maybe?

Reactions: 6
Im just about to start this podcast but I completely agree it baffles me, like where do people just vanish too in the UK.
Usually they're found a short time after in the water or woods etc but to just completely vanish without a trace .. people don't just vanish 🧐
Human trafficking maybe?
Often the problem is
1) It's not noticed until quite a while later that someone has disappeared, particularly if they don't have many close friends and family.
2) Data Protection Law makes it very hard for families to track someone through the obvious means (credit cards, national insurance, etc.).

Reactions: 6
Human trafficking maybe?
In 2014 i went to see eminem at Wembley. Well any way the day after we was in lecister sq and there was a silent protest of a few 100 ppl walking with pictures of loved ones who’d been took for organ harvestin, they was from I think China

• Sad
Reactions: 8
In 2014 i went to see eminem at Wembley. Well any way the day after we was in lecister sq and there was a silent protest of a few 100 ppl walking with pictures of loved ones who’d been took for organ harvestin, they was from I think China
Oh my god, that's so scary .. you always hear about human trafficking but I naively think it's mainly in other countries.
It genuinely can happen anywhere can't it.
It always makes me so sad for the families, just never get closure or answers

Reactions: 3
I commented on another thread about this & a local person has replied saying the local word on the street is the parents concocted the missing story. Search Steven Clark…
The parents behaviour seemed strange, in the documentary that was on in the last year or two. I'd have to watch it again to jog my memory, but some of their quotes and behaviour was strange.

Often the problem is
1) It's not noticed until quite a while later that someone has disappeared, particularly if they don't have many close friends and family.
2) Data Protection Law makes it very hard for families to track someone through the obvious means (credit cards, national insurance, etc.).
Yeah that's very true. You're seen as an adult and it's quite common for adults to vanish for hours or days on end then turn up. Especially if the person has a chaotic life. Every time I watch missing persons documentaries/podcasts, the person speaking says the police wouldn't do much at first as they usually assume the person will turn up. I've also heard the police can be a bit lazy or half hearted at gathering information when it comes to missing people. Also, when you're an adult and go missing, the police don't legally have to tell your partner/family/friends where you are. Just that you're safe. I guess it's also a safeguarding thing for the person choosing to go missing who may have reasons why they vanished and made a new life.

Trace Evidence did an excellent story on her. It's on their YouTube channel.
Never thought she would be identified.
I'm in two minds as to whether it should've been publicly announced. I get the impression Joyce clearly wanted anonymity in death.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm in two minds as to whether it should've been publicly announced. I get the impression Joyce clearly wanted anonymity in death.
I thought the same. Whilst I’m pleased for the family that she was identified I don’t think her name should’ve been publicly announced. I think it would’ve been much better if they gave us the update without naming her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Same as 'Lyle Stevik'. His family tried to keep his name private, but it leaked out. I won't name him here, but it's easily found on Google.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Anyone follow the starves rock murders? The alleged killer was freed but then last year DNA evidence was supposed to be looked at to exonerate him. I’ve searched & searched & can’t find the results, really interested if anyone has come across them.

I agree about Claudia, there is definitely the feeling that the police know what happened but just need to be able to prove it to take things further. People know what happened but are covering it up for whatever reason. It will be interesting to see if the truth does emerge and will be able to provide her family with some closure(unfortunately too late for her dad).

This popped up on my Facebook feed today. Robert Williams who went missing 20 years ago aged 15. I hadn’t heard about him before.

I’ve never heard of him either. Usually missing children cases are well publicised so I wonder why this one wasn’t?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.