Missing people and murder cases #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a friend from the Isle of Wight they told me what they had heard from quite a good source I think many know or have a good idea but it seems quite taboo for people to speak out. Knowing my interest in cases my friend asked that I dont post about it on a public platform. (here is fine as anon)

Reactions: 5
I’m late to this & only stumbled across the Steven Clark case recently. I’ve now watched the ITV documentary: Accused of murdering our son: Documentary about missing Steven Clark
First aired in April 2021.

So, my first thought is - why isn’t the sister mentioned at all?
Maybe she didn’t want to be featured in the documentary, but there isn’t a word about her, where she was the day he went missing or how she misses her brother?? It said there was only a year between them I think?
The parents were both employed by the police at a point - but for a very short time (strange?) but they seemed so uneducated about police procedures?
I felt throughout the documentary they were in good humour - often laughing. They were delighted to be cleared of the murder - - ecstatic! which is fair enough - to a certain extent - but neither of them seemed heartbroken that their son was still missing assumed murdered?
I thought it was really strange for the father to mention that he told Stephen he wasn’t going to pay for this football ticket? Considering they also mentioned he couldn’t find a job due to his disability and that the father also called him something like “a tight fisted wee boy” or words to that effect. Very odd language to use? Especially in these circumstances?

I can’t get over the fact the mother simply left those toilets and went home without either entering the mens toilets or asking someone else to? They also said they could not prove the father was actually at the football match.
I really feel there is more to this. I really felt they were holding back on their relationship with their son.
I really do hope Steven ran away & made a new life for himself, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they had of killed him either. They both come across extremely cold. It sounds like Steven had a lovely relationship with his nan. Suicide could have been a possibility too?
Hopefully one day the truth will come out.
They seemed more concerned about being charged than finding him. I thought it was odd that they don't seem to be actively looking for him or showing any real emotion

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m late to this & only stumbled across the Steven Clark case recently. I’ve now watched the ITV documentary: Accused of murdering our son: Documentary about missing Steven Clark

Maybe she didn’t want to be featured in the documentary, but there isn’t a word about her, where she was the day he went missing or how she misses her brother?? It said there was only a year between them I think?
The parents were both employed by the police at a point - but for a very short time (strange?) but they seemed so uneducated about police procedures?
I felt throughout the documentary they were in good humour - often laughing. They were delighted to be cleared of the murder - - ecstatic! which is fair enough - to a certain extent - but neither of them seemed heartbroken that their son was still missing assumed murdered?
I thought it was really strange for the father to mention that he told Stephen he wasn’t going to pay for this football ticket? Considering they also mentioned he couldn’t find a job due to his disability and that the father also called him something like “a tight fisted wee boy” or words to that effect. Very odd language to use? Especially in these circumstances?

I can’t get over the fact the mother simply left those toilets and went home without either entering the mens toilets or asking someone else to? They also said they could not prove the father was actually at the football match.
I really feel there is more to this. I really felt they were holding back on their relationship with their son.
I really do hope Steven ran away & made a new life for himself, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they had of killed him either. They both come across extremely cold. It sounds like Steven had a lovely relationship with his nan. Suicide could have been a possibility too?
Strangely enough I took a note of this documentary today to search and watch after seeing a couple of vids on tiktok, they was being interviewed on This Morning and a lot of people saying in comments how odd the parents acting in the interview, even noting the dad smiling, will be interesting to watch if still available.

Reactions: 5
Strangely enough I took a note of this documentary today to search and watch after seeing a couple of vids on tiktok, they was being interviewed on This Morning and a lot of people saying in comments how odd the parents acting in the interview, even noting the dad smiling, will be interesting to watch if still available.
I commented on another thread about this & a local person has replied saying the local word on the street is the parents concocted the missing story. Search Steven Clark…

Reactions: 3
Was just reading about the Belfast case of Martin Kelly going missing on 1st January 2006, New Year’s Day.
He was only 21. His father, Raymond Kelly has an article in the paper today.
So sad. Must be so hard to move on not knowing.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It's 13 years today since Claudia Lawrence went missing. I think the police know who killed her but can't prove it.
So sad her Dad died before they found out what happened to her.
Is there any word around York about who did it? If the police know then a few other people must as well

Reactions: 1
Was just reading about the Belfast case of Martin Kelly going missing on 1st January 2006, New Year’s Day.
He was only 21. His father, Raymond Kelly has an article in the paper today.
So sad. Must be so hard to move on not knowing.
I find it really sad as well - you wouldn't think in today's world that people could just vanish

Finally got to watch this, for the most part I 100% believed the parents innocent, the fathers attitude I can understand I think the laughing was because of the disbelief, and even more so they now in their 80s.

As for the mother leaving him at the toilets, I think he was actually very independent and didn't need 24hr care as he would return home from the pub and was actively looking for work, I started to doubt towards the end when they was told the Anonymous person had come forward, they seemed to take that badly instead of thinking it was a positive.

I came away from it thinking it could be suicide (due to his failure to find work) or harm by someone local they didn't know he talked to, due to the sightings after he went missing, but then I get confused again as of your 1st thought, only one small mention of the sister.

Last edited:
Finally got to watch this, for the most part I 100% believed the parents innocent, the fathers attitude I can understand I think the laughing was because of the disbelief, and even more so they now in their 80s.

As for the mother leaving him at the toilets, I think he was actually very independent and didn't need 24hr care as he would return home from the pub and was actively looking for work, I started to doubt towards the end when they was told the Anonymous person had come forward, they seemed to take that badly instead of thinking it was a positive.

I came away from it thinking it could be suicide (due to his failure to find work) or harm by someone local they didn't know he talked to, due to the sightings after he went missing, but then I get confused again as of your 1st thought, only one small mention of the sister.
What does needing 24hr care have to do with needing someone to wait for you outside the toilets? I don't need 24hr care but the nature of my disabilities means that I need someone to take me toilet and wait outside for me, especially in large, unfamiliar places.

What does needing 24hr care have to do with needing someone to wait for you outside the toilets? I don't need 24hr care but the nature of my disabilities means that I need someone to take me toilet and wait outside for me, especially in large, unfamiliar places.
I was just meaning he got around on his own anyway by the sound of things so I personally didn't find it strange that his mum would leave without him.

I have started listening to Nicola Tallant’s Crime World podcasts & they are very interesting. They have one about the Keane Mulready Woods case. They cover a lot of other cases too. The Border Fox: Dessie O’Hare & Father Brian D’arcy is a crazy story! And another one is about the murder of Denis Mullan - The night the Glenanne Gang murdered my daddy. A terrible story of a 3yr old little girl seeing her daddy shot & how the killer confronted her as an adult & blamed her for his PTSD!

Reactions: 7
Claudia Lawrence resonated and stayed with me since the day it made the media. I think of her often and check for any updates.

Maybe it’s because of the bizarre nature surrounding the case, journalists sent to cover the story saying that they were met with threats and warnings of what what happen to them if they reported on her disappearance and that this never happens to them in missing person cases it’s usually the opposite and the local community can’t help you enough.

Several years on and the picture looks like perhaps several men in the village are all covering for one another, the police giving the impression they know what’s gone on but have zero evidence to back it up.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Claudia Lawrence resonated and stayed with me since the day it made the media. I think of her often and check for any updates.

Maybe it’s because of the bizarre nature surrounding the case, journalists sent to cover the story saying that they were met with threats and warnings of what what happen to them if they reported on her disappearance and that this never happens to them in missing person cases it’s usually the opposite and the local community can’t help you enough.

Several years on and the picture looks like perhaps several men in the village are all covering for one another, the police giving the impression they know what’s gone on but have zero evidence to back it up.
Definitely think the police know who did it, but their hands are tied in that no one will speak out.

Reactions: 10
I agree about Claudia, there is definitely the feeling that the police know what happened but just need to be able to prove it to take things further. People know what happened but are covering it up for whatever reason. It will be interesting to see if the truth does emerge and will be able to provide her family with some closure(unfortunately too late for her dad).

This popped up on my Facebook feed today. Robert Williams who went missing 20 years ago aged 15. I hadn’t heard about him before.

Reactions: 4
It just blows my mind that with all the advances in modern policing, that 5 married men ( at least!) allegedly are able to all cover up for each other over the disappearance and suspected murder of a 35 year old women.

When the police rounded them all up and arrested them i imagine they thought at least one would start squeaking but they didn’t.

I think yet again this case has been full of police errors from the off, starting with the photo the police issued out to the media that was old and had her a whole different hair colour she hadn’t been in years, if they can’t get little but important things like that right then there isn’t much hope for the rest.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
So it looks like they are closer to solving the Delphi murders? I get confused on the Reddit threads but I'm hoping we see an outcome soon. Those poor girls 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 8
So it looks like they are closer to solving the Delphi murders? I get confused on the Reddit threads but I'm hoping we see an outcome soon. Those poor girls 😢
Ashleymerry has followed this on her insta, she has her stories pinned and she explains about the new lead and makes it easier to follow. She's great for covering other crimes also.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ashleymerry has followed this on her insta, she has her stories pinned and she explains about the new lead and makes it easier to follow. She's great for covering other crimes also.
I don’t understand why the opinion seems to be that it was KK’s dad and not KK himself? Surely everything points to it being KK apart from the stomach fixation thing (which he count have fabricated about his dad to implicate him rather than himself).

What are everyone's thoughts on the Claudia Lawrence case? It's been over 13 years since she went "missing". I've revisited it several times and I'm still perplexed!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.