Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It read as fact so it may have been best to put that it was speculation in the original post as it is quite unfair to people to say things as if they are the absolute truth when really you have no idea (despite how much you belive to be true) if I was in a refuge the last thing I'd want is for people to be sharing that I was in a refuge. I know there are no details and it's not a fact but if I was trying to get away from someone I wouldn't want any one to give that person ideas or places I may be 👀 it may make sense as to why there is such nothingness but I don't want to lead people to her door if she doesn't want to be found (I'd like to think this could be true!!)
It was pretty much stated as fact and I think a lot of people read it as such. Glad the poster returned to clear things up!

Reactions: 7
I've been told by a source I respect that my initial suspicions are incorrect but "someone else" killed her.

She's gone.
Someone killed her but it wasn't DC.

We need to look very hard at all the people she encountered. And the ones who live or work in the area.

I'm not going into any details regarding my source of info.

Until people who live, work or hike in the area are utterly cleared of suspicion they are all under suspicion. This is how investigations work.

Even the Spanish guy who gave her a lift has to be looked at closely.

Despite his age he's incredibly fit. See pics of him in shorts on the mountain. He earns extremely well too for a village real estate professional. Must be very sharp. Pic of him on the mountain in the snow. He's no sleepy grandpa.

The other "new friends" she made we have zero info about so we can't examine them.

We can try find out who works in these mountains or nearby. Eg at Hospice de France. The manager of the Angel Orus refuge she stayed at (Chema Grau) has a Godawful reputation on google reviews. Guests imply he has psychological issues & call him very nasty.

Btw, the French & Spanish mountain rescue teams (and their dogs) are rated in the Top 4 in the world.

As someone stated earlier, the guilty often shove themselves into the investigation. They do this to try control the direction of the investigation.

Note Mr Ballerin & Chema Grau both stepped forward early.

Mr Ballerin said she was off to France - misdirection?

Chema Grau said she seemed fine when he saw her Nov 19th. The man is described as very antisocial so why is he talking to journos?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Sounds convincing, but then it's easy to sound convincing on an internet forum. The truth is, anyone can log on here and say anything. I do find it a bit strange that someone with inside information would rock up on Tattle - but I guess stranger things have happened.

British media stopped reporting on this case (to my knowledge) around two weeks ago. I haven't seen anything since. You'd think a statement of some sort (however vague) would be released if Esther was safe? In any case, I would think the refuge would have informed the police who are investigating her disappearance.

Maybe this is true. Perhaps the poster is based in Spain/has local knowledge of the case. Who knows!
It sound like a fact. I know one of Esthers friends and she is distraught like all her friends and family are. Some people are really enjoying this situation and this was my concern with a previous poster who has strangely disappeared.

No, just an idea, thanks
Thanks. Are you enjoying the attention

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It sound like a fact. I know one of Esthers friends and she is distraught like all her friends and family are. Some people are really enjoying this situation and this was my concern with a previous poster who has strangely disappeared.

I find it odd that poster disappeared too.

Reactions: 6
Police forces work closely with refuges and halfway houses so whilst her location would not be exposed to the media there's no way that a reputable refuge would stand by and watch a huge search being undertaken at great cost and also a waste of police time. A cousin of a friend fled to a refuge and the first thing they do is encourage to inform the police so their time is not wasted if you're reported missing. Refuges rely on police support to help protect women and children so there's just no way this is the case. The police as part of their investigation always check this line of enquiry with missing women. I even saw it on a detective programme the other night where they said' okay, make sure you check refuges and hostels' when they were looking for a missing girl. Her having fled to a refuge would have been ruled out at the very beginning of her being reported missing and I don't think she'd put her parents thru this heartache. She would have told them of her plans.

Reactions: 15

Yes so do we.

Yes, anyone can, like you.

Yes so do we.

Yes, anyone can, like you.
Im not enjoying attention unlike you. Making speculative statements on a forum like this and saying happy investigating. If you really are friends of the couple then you wouldn't be so openly enjoying the attention you did get.

Reactions: 4
A new sighting being reported in the sun this morning... Another hiker whom Ester asked for food, again... The hiker said she was curious as Esther was wearing short shorts and heading up the mountain despite only 2.5 hours left of daylight

A new sighting being reported in the sun this morning... Another hiker whom Ester asked for food, again... The hiker said she was curious as Esther was wearing short shorts and heading up the mountain despite only 2.5 hours left of daylight

It's honestly just so weird. She was an experienced hiker and was planning on being away for multiple days. Why would she not have enough food with her? And why, when she realised she didn't have enough food, did she not head back to the van? She was only on day 2 so surely wouldn't have consumed her whole multi-day supply in that time. I go hiking regularly and always take loads of supplies for just a day hike.

Reactions: 5
A
It's honestly just so weird. She was an experienced hiker and was planning on being away for multiple days. Why would she not have enough food with her? And why, when she realised she didn't have enough food, did she not head back to the van? She was only on day 2 so surely wouldn't have consumed her whole multi-day supply in that time. I go hiking regularly and always take loads of supplies for just a day hike.
And why has it taken so long for this new sighting to come to light 🤔

A

And why has it taken so long for this new sighting to come to light 🤔
I think this is old news from the French woman that saw Esther a while ago when she was asking for food, I got the impression that others thought the french woman was being harsh on Esther. The Sun journalists (not that they really are) don't care what they say, who they hurt, they just want to sell papers to.......

The Sun article starts as it means to go, with total crap. They claim, she gave her food HOURS before she was last seen and that she was going up the mountain with only 2.5 hours left before sunset. This is totally contradictory, she was seen at 15:00 by the Spanish olympic skier, at THAT time there was about 2.5 hours left before sunset, so the woman can't have seen her hours before the last sighting. It's just tosh to sell papers, like the well know Portuguese case. As with all the crap they produce there are no names, just sources.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It’s so frustrating and sad when people can’t be found. People don’t just disappear into thin air something must have happened to her and yet there are hardly any clues as to what.

Reactions: 13
Why is there no appeal to the public in the uk to organize a massive huge search , I know we are in the middle of a pandemic but finding a missing English woman is definitely essential travel so nobody would be breaking the rules ,, and I know for a fact there’s plenty of people in the uk who would be happy to assist in finding Esther , I know it might sound like finding a needle in a haystack because she was hiking on the Pyrenees, but she went missing in a very specific location on the Pyrenees ,, how could you sleep at night knowing a loved one’s freezing cold lifeless body is somewhere on a mountain , the partner used social media to sell books why not use it to appeal to the public to help him find his partner of 19 years ,,, it’s like she is literally been forgotten about ,, if anyone remembers the huge public assistance in rescuing the missing Thai boys in the cave that showed me humans will go to extraordinary efforts to help each other and there’s definitely hundreds of people who would help find this beautiful young lady , with the machinery and technology we have today it wouldn’t be too difficult if the right people were involved

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.