Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AriaAria

One further thought which in and of itself is a massive red flag to me - his last update on Facebook (dated 2nd Feb) is all about defending his theory that a third party was involved. He talks at length that he doesn't think it's an accident, that she didn't disappear voluntarily, that their relationship was solid (and those who said otherwise, including the police, are wrong). I have 2 thoughts about this - the first is, I find it very odd that his entire update is about "theories" and isn't plea upon plea upon plea to try to find her (because he is saying he thinks a third party is involved, therefore doesn't that mean she might still be alive?). Plus he really wants everyone to believe this third party is responsible. Now what that says to me is that IF she is ever found and it is clear that she was murdered, he is making sure he absolves himself of all suspicion and is putting the blame on this third party.

Reactions: 11

Dishthedirt2021

VIP Member
Ok so I saw the news that her boyfriend found her body and I was like that’s a bit strange. So glad to find this wee thread!

Agent Krycek

One further thought which in and of itself is a massive red flag to me - his last update on Facebook (dated 2nd Feb) is all about defending his theory that a third party was involved. He talks at length that he doesn't think it's an accident, that she didn't disappear voluntarily, that their relationship was solid (and those who said otherwise, including the police, are wrong). I have 2 thoughts about this - the first is, I find it very odd that his entire update is about "theories" and isn't plea upon plea upon plea to try to find her (because he is saying he thinks a third party is involved, therefore doesn't that mean she might still be alive?). Plus he really wants everyone to believe this third party is responsible. Now what that says to me is that IF she is ever found and it is clear that she was murdered, he is making sure he absolves himself of all suspicion and is putting the blame on this third party.
I think you could really be onto something here. So many red flags coming from the boyfriend. Plus the police have called off the search until Spring - if this was a murder/abduction scenario from an unknown assailant, there is no way they would stop investigating. Perhaps they are quietly gathering evidence. But having said that I do still think suicide in a hidden private place where she knew should could be at rest forever and not be found is the most likely explanation. I feel so sad for her mother - the statement she released was heartbreaking.

Yes just looked up a statistic and 61 percent of women killed in 2018 were killed by partner or ex partner. (BBC.com femicide)

There is still little clarity in aspects of the case. Were the dogs in France or England for instance? I have no clue as I’ve read that they were in England and France. If DC was house sitting then did he have an alibi for up until he reported Esther missing? Again the only thing I’ve read is that the police have said ‘ his movements are covered’.... means nothing. Could be carefully worded. If you’re house sitting in rural France and very self sufficient it might be difficult for Dc to prove his whereabouts....
Also at this stage the police will not be giving anything away.... if they do suspect anyone close to Esther then they will be watching them.

Last edited:
  • Sad

openbook1

VIP Member
I read all of the thread yesterday morning and I have to be honest, I thought @Johara was Dan. I thought they were trying to double bluff and trick everyone, especially with the dramatic u-turn around the psychic.

Idk what happened to Esther but I really hope one day soon her family find out the truth. A loved one going missing is my worst nightmare, I really feel for them.
Ok... I didn't want to sounds crazy but I thought the same thing for a while. I got odd/creepy vibes tbh.

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
Ultimately, if it wasn’t an accident, somebody (be it the partner or someone else) took the life of a young woman. It’s heart breaking and so so tragic. If it was an accident, it’s equally as sad.
I hope everyone reading about it remembers to take time to care for themselves and their mental health if it upsets them, and if it’s sticking in your mind reach out to people. It’s always so sad to read of such cases x

palmer85

I'd take what "The_Investigator" says with a (large) pinch of salt, firstly he/she is a new member (that's not that persuasive), secondly (assuming they use the same name) that's not what they say over on WS, where they post quite a lot, thirdly (can't find this now) someone attributed the comment of ED having aspergers to him/her, fourthly how would they know AND PUBLISH this and fifthly they haven't responded (okay, yet). We'll see.

I think that we wont hear anymore about the source but it sounds convincing.
You would think they'd let LBT Global (missing persons) know so that they can remove it, wouldn't you? How long has she been there? one would assume from the start in which case the "refuge" has allowed SAR to waste time and risk lives, I'm not buying it.

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Betty I just know your brain is whirring at top speed. I always enjoy your very succinct clangers that get my mind whirring.

Waiting for your next :)
"Succinct clangers"? Ill be saying no more, this case is desperately sad. Lets not take enjoyment from what has/is happening to this girl.

AriaAria

One thing that has always bothered me, from the beginning, is the route Esther was meant to have taken. Because we only ever got that info from Dan. I remember sitting down one day and mapping it all out with pen and paper based on Esther's Instagram posts and then the supposed route Dan said she was taking. So from the Pic de Sauvegarde, bearing in mind it was 4pm when she was leaving there on the 22nd so she needed to get shelter quickly, she was meant to go EAST then NORTH to the Refuge de Venasque, and then presumably anticlockwise after that (the next day) around to the Port de la Glere, via the Hospice de France (although we don't know this part for sure and it's not important for the purpose of what I'm saying here). The fact her body was found WEST at the Port de la Glere means she never went this intended route towards Venasque, somehow she went westwards towards the Port and then met her fate. There's no way she took the east/north route because at some point along that entire route she would have switched her phone on. No way she would have gone that long without looking at her phone at least once. So she went west, straight from the Pic de Sauvegarde over to the Port de la Glere. Why didn't Dan know she was doing this? Why would she have intentionally told him the wrong route? They lost days and days searching the east/north route, missing the west route because Dan told them she had gone the other way. Dan even stayed overnight at the Venasque Refuge (east) when she never did go east, not even a little bit east. She carried on West straight after her call with him. Was that deliberate on his part, so the body had time to decompose, or did she intentionally tell him the wrong route so she couldn't be found (meaning suicide, which I personally don't believe). But I very much doubt she would have told him one route at 4pm when it was getting dark, and then off she toddles, immediately, the other way. Makes absolutely no sense. Even if she only went eastwards to the Refuge de Venasque and then the next day back westwards towards the Port de la Glere (1) there was no sign of her having been at the Venasque Refuge, so she never went there, and (2) she didn't travel from ANYWHERE east to west the next day (even if she stayed overnight somewhere else) because she would have had to pass via the Pic de Sauvegarde to get to Port de la Glere, and she would definitely have put her phone on there to check messages, take selfies etc, as that area has fantastic signal. So why did she say she was going east when she immediately went west? Or rather why did HE say she was going east when it's very obvious she went west? The fact there's no more phone signal from her at all, means she never did go east. She went west, immediately, after her chat with Dan. And even if she took the route Dan said (east, then north, then anticlockwise round to Port de la Glere - let's say for argument sake she slept somewhere else that night and then did that planned route the next day), I don't believe for one minute she didn't switched her phone on once during that entire route. So I firmly believe she immediately went west after her call with him and they lost precious search time concentrating their efforts Eastward when they should have been concentrating Westward. I can't help but wonder if the search teams were deliberately thrown off track?

It gets weirder and weider.

Also, the DM keep repeating the fact about her boyfriend staying at £1000 a week farmhouse. What are they hinting at there?
I've just read that article. It's very odd that they keep focusing on that, especially considering he's house sitting, not paying rent on the place. It does make you wonder if the press know more information than they are able to print.

Johara

[/QUOTE]
After reading through this thread I did a bit of research and found they had a YouTube channel. This video is quite chilling considering what has happened. I hope she’s ok.
Great find. And revealing.

I wonder if because she mentions in her Instagram post she's met another hiker, a man, if this has triggered something. Thing is shes 3 hours away isnt she?
Like an Oscar Pistorius scenario possibly. Both men with birth defects and controlling personalities.

Oh my god. The way he dominated everything. She couldn't get a word in. I hope she has escaped. Poor girl.
Exactly. Her natural personality is not submissive but here we see her being dominated.

Last edited:
  • Wow

sickofsm

All public statements were taken over by some media/legal firm so I suppose it's not that odd.
If no searches can take place, there are no updates.

It's very sad. I think she's probably had an accident. I feel so much for her poor family.
I suppose, I never thought about the media firm. But even just to say Esther is missing, please call this number with any information bla bla bla. Very odd to me.
There is a young man missing from my area. He's not been seen since the 19th of December. Helicopters and search teams have been out daily in all weathers. You can't go online without his face flashing up, the 'missing persons' poster is on every local website. I guess I just expected something similar on Esther's very own website she owns with her partner.

Agent Krycek

What's the deal with all the new posters in this thread that only ever look and comment/react on this thread, and never any others?

Are they Dan, or employees of LBT Global, getting ready to steer the narrative?
To be fair, I've been a member for a while and used to post on the FoD threads, but I lost interest in all that kind of nonsense and only post/read this thread now. I was originally on the Websleuths thread, but there is too much moderation/judgement from fellow posters on there, and this is the most frank discussion on the internet about this case. So I can see why people have been drawn to Tattle specifically for this thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
That video of the two of them is really odd. She is practically rolling her eyes at him without rolling her eyes. She looking at him as if to say will you ever shut up. I know this because i have a family whos been in a bad marriage my whole life. Her husband is very toxic, yet for unknown reasons to everyone she stays with him( my mum claims fear) but she often looks at him with the same expression when he talks about things and tries to big himself up. She was not happy with him, she looks fed up and over it.

• Sad

thegirlscout

VIP Member
In that joint video above I can see almost a pleading look in her eyes. Her smile distracts but she wants and hopes to win his love back.

In my opinion this is the classic crushed, meek codependent with the emotionally void narcissist.

The very first red flag I saw was his Facebook post when he told everyone she'd gone missing.

He wrote about her as "the person who taught me how to feel."

I'm sorry. Nobody teaches us how to feel. We either feel or have no feelings.*

Narcs are emotionally vacant ito love.
They feel anger, happiness, desire or lust etc but due to a lack of object constancy they don't feel the love bond. There's no loyalty or bond. People are just useful or not. Pleasing or not.

* Just realised I should clarify: researchers say narcs use movies, novels and song lyrics to literally teach themselves how love is supposed to be. They don't feel it organically so they use Hollywood or books to learn how they should behave/what's expected socially.
I don’t know, I think you’re potentially looking to find things to confirm your bias? I really don’t see a pleading look in her eyes. Plus when he said she taught him how to feel it could mean she taught him how to understand what he was feeling and name his emotions.

Jackson18851964

It would be interesting to find out exactly what is on Esthers' phone. If this was an accident, did she try to use the phone to get help, in spite of no signal? I hope she did not suffer. As for Dan, those three days waiting before he raised the alarm is unforgivable, the time of year, the terrain, and Esther was on her own, in the dark, probably badly injured, and all he can think about is Me, Me, Me. I hope he fades into obscurity, but that seems unlikely...... a film deal, a book deal.... etc, etc.

Damita

I'm very sorry she's been found dead.

I know it was supremely unlikely but I think I still had a tiny glimmer of hope she was somehow still alive somewhere. RIP Esther, my condolences to her family.

• Heart