Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Check out this angle. That area is not as steep as it looks from most angles.

What's interesting is that part of the rough cliff face where her body was found, was not as steep as the cliff face to the left of the photo, but steeper than the drops on the right making it easier for getting to and hiding a body, while also being a more dangerous looking area. (You need the rough terrain to hide a body well, the smooth planes far harder obviously.)

Reactions: 1
He found her and she had gone the opposite way to her planned route, yet after the police had started stating potential murder she turns up. Its all very weird?!

Reactions: 4
MEDIA ADVISORY - ESTHER DINGLEY
Contrary to an erroneous report, LBT Global would like to confirm that Daniel Colegate has not been 'quizzed at length' by police. As he found Esther’s body, he will give a statement, as is standard procedure, but has not yet done so. Media are urged again to check such information with LBT Global before publication. We would like to take this opportunity to thank those media that have clarified facts with us in order to ensure accurate reporting.
Ends
From the facebook page.

I found the article which stated he'd been quizzed at length and the article stated he was not a suspect and that it's routine.

It is so weird he's asked for a media advisory regarding this. He's just found his soulmates remains, why is he worrying about a media story which states he's not a suspect and the quizzing was routine?

It would be weird for the police to not have questioned him about it, they are investigating and they need to know absolutely everything regarding everything, especially finding the body.

That he is trying to quieten anything that could make him look negative is suspicious to me.

Reactions: 6
Such a strange press release. Why is he trying so hard to control what the press say... The McCans did the same...

Reactions: 7
From the facebook page.

I found the article which stated he'd been quizzed at length and the article stated he was not a suspect and that it's routine.

It is so weird he's asked for a media advisory regarding this. He's just found his soulmates remains, why is he worrying about a media story which states he's not a suspect and the quizzing was routine?

It would be weird for the police to not have questioned him about it, they are investigating and they need to know absolutely everything regarding everything, especially finding the body.

That he is trying to quieten anything that could make him look negative is suspicious to me.
It’s so strange, it’s almost like he wants to draw media attention to himself - did he feel it was starting to wane so he’s put out this statement through his PR company? I don’t get it - I understood the need for media attention when it was useful to try and find Esther, but why keep courting it now?

Reactions: 5
The article I just read said he was 100 miles away and his phone and bank card were used in that village, 100 miles away from Esther, all day.

Thus ruling him out and the police suspect no foul play at this stage.

Hmmm... The whole thing just keeps getting stranger. I hate unsolved cases so I really hope the body brings some answers but I have a feeling it will be closed down quickly now.

From the archives here is the control freak trying to keep the spotlight all on him.

Poor Esther tries to get a word in but he finishes her sentences and interrupts with "And anyway..." to cut her off mid sentence.

Watch how she acts like an echo & a shadow. It's all she gets.

This intelligent woman deserved so much more than this gargoyle.

The article I just read said he was 100 miles away and his phone and bank card were used in that village, 100 miles away from Esther, all day.

Hmmm... The whole thing just keeps getting stranger. I hate unsolved cases so I really hope the body brings some answers but I have a feeling it will be closed down quickly now.
Can you provide a link to the source?

I find it doubtful journalists would get all that info from police.

His PR team at LBT would have plastered that everywhere if it were factual.

It would have to be more than "all day" as there is a bigger unknown 'window' than that - but yes, this appears to be why they are not investigating him i.e. they know it's logistically impossible - at least that's my take on it so far.

I agree on how this is likely to go, I suspect that they will just shut it down as an accident, suicide would need conclusive proof and even if it was the case they are unlikely to get that.

Reactions: 2
The police have stated that it will take 1 month for the Criminal Investigations Technicians to complete their forensic work.

That was stated by the French prosecutor. He's not a regular cop. A prosecutor.

So they plan to spend more money - and time.

Imagine the cost of sending a forensic team to this mountain?

Dan has loads of support from Daily Mail commenters which I find odd because they usually suspect/hate everyone in stories like these.

Innocent until proven guilty is something I absolutely believe in, and will defend, but I think it's important people be allowed to say if something seems suspicious too.

Dan has loads of support from Daily Mail commenters which I find odd because they usually suspect/hate everyone in stories like these.

Innocent until proven guilty is something I absolutely believe in, and will defend, but I think it's important people be allowed to say if something seems suspicious too.
Ha yes, but that’s because it gives them a chance to insult the French (police) and that’s what they love to do best of all!

• Haha
He could have killed her at a completely different time? Used his cards and phone at the alleged time she went missing when really it was a different time frame.

From the archives here is the control freak trying to keep the spotlight all on him.

Poor Esther tries to get a word in but he finishes her sentences and interrupts with "And anyway..." to cut her off mid sentence.

He says “we will eventually get lost in the mountains” 🤔

Well unless DC was using his credit card and phone all day long on all of those days, then of course he could have driven to where she was, especially if she slept back at the Cabane de la Besurta the night of the 22nd, and maybe something happened the following morning. Then he went back and started using his phone and credit card again. It was only 100 miles away. Maybe they arranged to meet at that Cabane during the phonecall on the 22nd as he could drive right up to that spot that night. If her phone was off there would be no more pinging & he could easily have left his back home. Now personally I don't think this happened, but my point is, it's ridiculous to say he can't have had access to her because he used his phone and credit card those days. He would have had to have been on them every hour of every day to ascertain that. 100 miles is only a 1.5 hour drive. He's controlling this narrative way too much and is making himself look as guilty as sin. I don't know why he is doing this. Look at Caroline Crouch's husband. Everyone thought he was innocent too. He was there at her funeral all snivelling and it was only then they arrested him. I wouldn't be surprised there's some suicide note on her phone, written by him, and the whole thing gets passed off as suicide.

Reactions: 7
He could have killed her at a completely different time? Used his cards and phone at the alleged time she went missing when really it was a different time frame.

He says “we will eventually get lost in the mountains” 🤔

Great catch LaurieLaurie.

And you brought in a neat curveball wrt timing.

Well unless DC was using his credit card and phone all day long on all of those days, then of course he could have driven to where she was, especially if she slept back at the Cabane de la Besurta the night of the 22nd, and maybe something happened the following morning. Then he went back and started using his phone and credit card again. It was only 100 miles away. Maybe they arranged to meet at that Cabane during the phonecall on the 22nd as he could drive right up to that spot that night. If her phone was off there would be no more pinging & he could easily have left his back home. Now personally I don't think this happened, but my point is, it's ridiculous to say he can't have had access to her because he used his phone and credit card those days. He would have had to have been on them every hour of every day to ascertain that. 100 miles is only a 1.5 hour drive. He's controlling this narrative way too much and is making himself look as guilty as sin. I don't know why he is doing this. Look at Caroline Crouch's husband. Everyone thought he was innocent too. He was there at her funeral all snivelling and it was only then they arrested him. I wouldn't be surprised there's some suicide note on her phone, written by him, and the whole thing gets passed off as suicide.
I've seen a bunch of cases in which forensics catches them out just on timing.

So even if he faked an unsent text the last law is forensics. They will know time of death.

Great catch LaurieLaurie.

And you brought in a neat curveball wrt timing.

I've seen a bunch of cases in which forensics catches them out just on timing.

So even if he faked an unsent text the last law is forensics. They will know time of death.
You know the first time I saw that video, I remember wondering if meeting the rescue guys actually gave him the idea to do the same thing to Esther (and then blame it on an accident). The coincidences are way too similar.

Reactions: 8
I can smell a book deal. I can smell Ian Huntley. I really hope I can smell an arrest for murder. He threw himself into it. There are some that do that.

Reactions: 10
If I was trying to kill someone and use my phone as an alibi I would kill that first night, and use night time when phone is inactive due to me being asleep as my cover. No one uses their phone all through the night every night, so that gives you 7 hours.

Narcs are not creative, they just copy other things they have seen and they plot. I thought the same thing about the mountain rescue having given him the idea. If this was murder you can bet he researched it a lot, probably through books bought on the road so less digital footprint, or perhaps different burner phones in different countries.

He was "impressed", yeah damn right he was. He wanted a part of that drama and helicopter action. Just when he mentions helicopter you can see how impressed he was, and jealous, he had to get a part of it. It aroused him. He probably loved their authority and power and had to be near it or someway involved with it. Make a great chapter in the book too!

Last edited:
Hmm yes.

You raise an interesting point wrt his being used to different telecomms systems in different countries. He'd be savvy with burner phones.

Plus the night attack. Less likelihood of people spotting him. Tidy up in the morning then hike back. Card activity covers daytime. I think you & Laurie nailed it.

If I was trying to kill someone and use my phone as an alibi I would kill that first night, and use night time when phone is inactive due to me being asleep as my cover. No one uses their phone all through the night every night, so that gives you 7 hours.

Narcs are not creative, they just copy other things they have seen and they plot. I thought the same thing about the mountain rescue having given him the idea. If this was murder you can bet he researched it a lot, probably through books bought on the road so less digital footprint, or perhaps different burner phones in different countries.

He was "impressed", yeah damn right he was. He wanted a part of that drama and helicopter action. Just when he mentions helicopter you can see how impressed he was, and jealous, he had to get a part of it. It aroused him. He probably loved their authority and power and had to be near it or someway involved with it. Make a great chapter in the book too!
Last chapter:
The boy with bowel problems transforms into a superhero who outsmarts the cops.

(Does his best to publicly humiliate the cops several times more like).

Redemption for childhood humiliation.

I'm happy to see some knowledgeable mountaineers on another site starting to raise red flags.

Neither of the 2 have ever been in the murder camp. I've been reading their posts for months. They are not the suspicious type. But finally their logical minds are hitting a wall.

I'm screenshotting one's summary for convenience. While he does not cast aspersions, his summary makes it crystal clear that Dan led the police in the wrong direction initially so their early search efforts were wasted.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hmm yes.

You raise an interesting point wrt his being used to different telecomms systems in different countries. He'd be savvy with burner phones.

Plus the night attack. Less likelihood of people spotting him. Tidy up in the morning then hike back. Card activity covers daytime. I think you & Laurie nailed it.

Last chapter:
The boy with bowel problems transforms into a superhero who outsmarts the cops.

(Does his best to publicly humiliate the cops several times more like).

Redemption for childhood humiliation.

I'm happy to see some knowledgeable mountaineers on another site starting to raise red flags.

Neither of the 2 have ever been in the murder camp. I've been reading their posts for months. They are not the suspicious type. But finally their logical minds are hitting a wall.

I'm screenshotting one's summary for convenience. While he does not cast aspersions, his summary makes it crystal clear that Dan led the police in the wrong direction initially so their early search efforts were wasted.
Do they say what route would make sense from a hiking perspective?

Do they say what route would make sense from a hiking perspective?
The opposite direction. The one that matched Esther's text. Head to Port da Glere.

The mountain experts tied themselves up in knots for months trying to figure out why she'd go that way (wrong route) and (misdirectedly) where she could be.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.