Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes you might be spot on with this assessment. I really do think there should have been another phone ping from her had she made it somewhere that night/next day (unless she was trying to hold off messages from Dan and staying in flight mode - that is possible). But what if she did go West, maybe she looked up the Venasque Refuge after chatting to Dan (as she had good reception up there & apparently had none the night before), and learnt more about it and decided not to go there. Maybe she fell off the Pic de la Glere, heading towards a different Refuge, as the sun was going down. Very plausible. And so very sad if so.
Or never moved again. Murdered on P de S.

But then heavy bodyweight to transport elsewhere. Via tent.

Didn't the dogs lose all scent of her right there? On pic de Sauvegarde.

I seem to recall that.

Yes, same thing really, same meaning just worded more directly.

He will miss the supply he got from her though, she really fed him well.

And she was better looking than him, I don't know how he pulled her to be honest, and then she stayed for so long... maybe he is more attractive in person, but what did she see in him?! She was obviously far more attractive in so many ways. I would have been friends with her but not him, just like Shanann and Chris Watts.
Yes. Their skills are incredible. They always pull better looking partners.

Agree with all the rest too.

What did she see in him? Someone who pursued her with great charm at the start - a totally false personality.

By the time she got hooked he'd reverted to type.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Or never moved again. Murdered on P de S.

But then heavy bodyweight to transport elsewhere. Via tent.

Didn't the dogs lose all scent of her right there? On pic de Sauvegarde.

I seem to recall that.

Yes. Their skills are incredible. They always pull better looking partners.

Agree with all the rest too.

What did she see in him? Someone who pursued her with great charm at the start - a totally false personality.

By the time she got hooked he'd reverted to type.
Well we know he didn't kill her to save his fortune, because apparently he doesn't have any money. She could have pulled someone wealthy, but she got trapped (not hooked) by that loser and then he might have killed her for more attention and book sales, so to make his fortune? She deserved so much better, didn't know her worth. So sad for Esther. Another great woman's life ruined and then taken by a sad little narcissist.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
is there a possibility he knew he needed to 'find her' so that if forensics placed his DNA at the scene, he could reasonably explain why it was there?

Reactions: 14
Maybe they were due to meet, or maybe he had said something like "one day I will surprise you" and so she was always half expecting to see him.
This is exactly what I think. She was constantly expecting him to turn up and it was like a game of cat and mouse in her eyes. She didn't want to go back - she was stuck in limbo. She kept him at bay with messages designed to be nice, but vague enough to be evasive. It would have been quite an anxious state that she was in. A controlling person would have been determined to find her and confront. The ' i think i can see you' messages were defensive and trying to elicit a reply which told her the situation. Emotions on both sides would have been bubbling up to a perfect storm, IMO. Maybe we are totally wrong but this is how it seems

Reactions: 6
is there a possibility he knew he needed to 'find her' so that if forensics placed his DNA at the scene, he could reasonably explain why it was there?
It's all possible sadly. Murder / accident by going the wrong way. It's all still up in the air. So many unanswered questions. I just hope the police and forensics are able to solve it one way or the other. I hope they don't take the easy way out and just put it down to an accident because they can't be bothered to do the hard yards. I will say, right from the get go my instincts were up about Dan. It's that gut feeling you get. And I felt it immediately when I read the headline that he was the one who found her body. I had that same feeling when I read about the murdered girl in Greece, and I had it a few weeks ago when that woman in Wales claimed her back door was open and someone had taken her son.

Reactions: 7
Absolutely.

Also because malignant narcs do 2 trademark things:

1. Stage the body
2. Control the crime scene

Reactions: 9
I would think his DNA would already be on her belongings, clothing etc , as they lived together.

Wonder did he 'find' the body, as in very close to it, or spotted the location it was concealed in? Mountainous terrain, so difficult to get close without risk of injury.

I think if that was the case, then he would have stuck closely to the search teams when they were looking, rather than going off on his own.

I remember at the time he did "his own search" (in inverted commas because of the arrogance of it) he stayed at the Venasque Refuge. I remember being astounded by that and I still don't know why he was allowed to do that. I always wondered if he was trying to get rid of evidence that maybe she has been there? Destroy any DNA. I have no clue of course. It was just the first thing that struck me when I heard he was allowed to stay here. And wouldn't you think the police would have stopped that as he could have contaminated any evidence that might have been there? Crime scene or not, he should not have been allowed to stay there.

Reactions: 12
I’m wondering if they’re saying they think it’s an accident to see if he trips up more when he thinks he’s not being watched anymore.

Reactions: 10
I learned something shocking last week.

Dr Ramani (something) on youtube is highly regarded in the psychiatry field.

She states that any person with a personality disorder can switch into full psychosis in seconds. Full Antisocial Pers Disorder which is the Psychopath type.

They cross over.

So we best respect all types. All are capable of murder.

Reactions: 3
I remember at the time he did "his own search" (in inverted commas because of the arrogance of it) he stayed at the Venasque Refuge.
I think that is exactly what I would have done. Once the police had done the forensics on the hut, there's no reason for him not to stay there. It's the logical base for conducting a search. The police have said there was no evidence of her staying in the refuge, so they must have done some due diligence.

As for conducting his own search, I can also understand that. He had his own opinion on the likely scenario, which seemed to rely on her not deviating from her planned route. Perhaps the SaR team had a different opinion regarding the priority of areas to search.

Reactions: 2
I’m wondering if they’re saying they think it’s an accident to see if he trips up more when he thinks he’s not being watched anymore.
Excellent point!

Also, what do you all this of this? I saw it over on Websleuths about how he spotted her. I don't know if it's ok to include SS from there (?) but here it is anyway:

Attachments

Respect is not the right word but I don't want to say fear.

I mean we need to be aware that borderlines, histrionics, narcs, etc "cross over".

She said they are all capable of killing.

Dr Ramani has a youtube video with about 1 million views in which she educates about psychopaths & sociopaths.

Excellent point!

Also, what do you all this of this? I saw it over on Websleuths about how he spotted her. I don't know if it's ok to include SS from there (?) but here it is anyway:
Call me a cynic but I believe he hid her so he never "spotted" her.

It's his narrative. He controls it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
First picture attached (from Websleuths) is where her body was found and where the piece of skull was found. Red arrow is where her body was. Yellow arrow is where the skull was.

Second attachment I looked up myself. If you type "pic de la glere" into google earth (I used the phone app) and then immediately rotate it 180° you get the view I have attached here. You can see the crevasse much clearer here (right under the red pin), which is where she was found. Poor Esther. It's just heartbreaking.

Attachments

Last edited:
First picture attached (from Websleuths)
I would not put too much faith in a photo from a forum without a verified source. But if true, that fits in with taking a dangerous short-cut route from the top of P du S to La Glera pass.

I would not put too much faith in a photo from a forum without a verified source. But if true, that fits in with taking a dangerous short-cut route from the top of P du S to La Glera pass.
Yes and sorry, the person says "estimated" places. I cannot edit my comment above to say that now. And I take your point about searching the way Dan did and staying at the Refuge. Fair enough.

Find me the bright yellow tent please or I call this staged.

Beige barren landscape. Bright yellow tent. Should be easy to spot.

Find me the bright yellow tent please or I call this staged.

Beige barren landscape. Bright yellow tent. Should be easy to spot.
I wouldn't assume the tent is outside the backpack. The light grey and red backpack is much more difficult to spot, especially if there is a lot of rockfall in that location (and, from the pictures, it looks like there is) - although perhaps a lot easier now given the remains have been found.

I wouldn't assume the tent is outside the backpack. The light grey and red backpack is much more difficult to spot, especially if there is a lot of rockfall in that location (and, from the pictures, it looks like there is) - although perhaps a lot easier now given the remains have been found.
But the police reported the tent is missing. They have her other things.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.