Missing Blogger Esther Dingley #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the archive colouredlines .

I have to say I find those links unconvincing, we know Ms. Dingley and Mr. Colegate put out a rose-tinted view of their lives generally (as most people do) and the Police confirmed. I think it highly unlikely that she would be candid to an Aunt and a male friend of theirs.

I think the discussion with Laura Adomaityte in an unguarded moment on the trip is far stronger and fits in with her curious actions i.e. leaving the house-sit so quickly and then sleeping just an hour away from the house-sit(!) - which she then followed up by CONTINUALLY delaying the ending of her trip.
We also know that she was unhappy about Mr. Colegate's plans to end their travelling - she seemed to be at a critical point as this was the very last trip before she would have to go home.

All in all I think the evidence points to the relationship being in serious trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The French police told us that Esther and Dan's relationship was troubled.

It's a whackload of gaslighting for some rather frenzied commenters to claim we made it all up.

If those commenters wish to debate it, by all means debate it with the police.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh FFS, I give up.

The posters here have clearly made up their minds, regardless of little things like evidence and facts.

I just hope that Tattle does not become a refuge for Websleuths ghouls.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh FFS, I give up.

The posters here have clearly made up their minds, regardless of little things like evidence and facts.

I just hope that Tattle does not become a refuge for Websleuths ghouls.
Whilst I may agree with you on some matters when it comes to the state of the relationship I think perhaps you should give up, the evidence you have presented on that is not strong - and that's being generous...

Reactions: 4
Many relationships are troubled. Very very very few end in murder. I came to dislike my ex-husband, and we separated. He has since died, of entirely natural causes - does our history make me a suspect in his death?! I do believe both Dan and Esther were troubled; after all, she wanted to continue their nomadic life rather than return to a more settled existence, and perhaps even some regular employment? I think she had difficulties not necessarily related to Dan, and on her last hike she did not behave or prepare like a reasonable adult. I have read comments that she mistook her fitness for experience - I'll try to find a link for these! ;)

The gaslighting is coming from people who seriously think forensic investigators would be fooled by a body killed (inside a tent, according to some posters) and taken elsewhere for months, then the remains taken to a mountainous area and distributed in an inaccessible spot, with most of Esther's belongings scattered nearby. Like, what?!

Reactions: 10
Many relationships are troubled. Very very very few end in murder. I came to dislike my ex-husband, and we separated. He has since died, of entirely natural causes - does our history make me a suspect in his death?! I do believe both Dan and Esther were troubled; after all, she wanted to continue their nomadic life rather than return to a more settled existence, and perhaps even some regular employment? I think she had difficulties not necessarily related to Dan, and on her last hike she did not behave or prepare like a reasonable adult. I have read comments that she mistook her fitness for experience - I'll try to find a link for these! ;)

The gaslighting is coming from people who seriously think forensic investigators would be fooled by a body killed (inside a tent, according to some posters) and taken elsewhere for months, then the remains taken to a mountainous area and distributed in an inaccessible spot, with most of Esther's belongings scattered nearby. Like, what?!
Lol we need the Cold Case Foundation to pay you a visit about your dead ex.

PS. But before you start packing for the airport this is just a joke.

Once again, try not to assume you know more than the police. They said it was troubled.

Whilst I may agree with you on some matters when it comes to the state of the relationship I think perhaps you should give up, the evidence you have presented on that is not strong - and that's being generous...
Screenshot_20210907-180414_Drive.jpg

Yep, definitely on the verge of breaking up.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
View attachment 750339
Yep, definitely on the verge of breaking up.
Ah, so you're back again. 😎

We know from Mr. Colegate that the claims of a bad signal were often not true because he was surprised when he got up there that there was in fact no problem most of the time.
He was a controlling character, she was doing her best to fob him off - and we have no idea what was said in that last video call.

How exactly did the ex you disliked so much die? 🧐

🤣🤣
It was an accidental fall while hiking ... 😨

that's not true, he had a cerebral haemorrhage at the age of 50. :(:(😪

ETA - my point remains; I disliked him, I didn't want to live with him or be married to him any longer, but that was enough - as adults, we could live our own lives and there was no need to kill him. That really is rare; yes, it happens, but I feel Dan could have murdered Esther under much easier circumstances, if he was really so inclined. Staging an accident while hiking could have many other outcomes.

Many relationships are troubled. Very very very few end in murder.
Except for the two women killed by their partner or ex-partner every week - in England & Wales alone? What is ‘very very few’ then?

There is a Twitter account tracking the cases to shine a light on these crimes - look at the circumstances of the latest one - a pregnant newlywed 😓

It’s naive at best to think it’s rare occurrence

Attachments

• Sad
It was an accidental fall while hiking ... 😨

that's not true, he had a cerebral haemorrhage at the age of 50. :(:(😪

ETA - my point remains; I disliked him, I didn't want to live with him or be married to him any longer, but that was enough - as adults, we could live our own lives and there was no need to kill him. That really is rare; yes, it happens, but I feel Dan could have murdered Esther under much easier circumstances, if he was really so inclined. Staging an accident while hiking could have many other outcomes.
This is a point I made previously, if he had decided to bump her off it would be easier to take a last trip with her so that his presence doesn’t incriminate him. My view is that Mr. Colegate would have preferred to have kept his ‘disciple’ and such an incident would have occurred in a fit of rage - in which case the location of his phone would have incriminated him.
His distance makes it logistically extremely difficult for him to be involved (even travelling at night) and if he had gone there it would have been to persuade her to his way of thinking.

My opinion is that Mr. Colegate is a narcissist, but not involved in Ms. Dingley’s death.

Except for the two women killed by their partner or ex-partner every week - in England & Wales alone? What is ‘very very few’ then?

There is a Twitter account tracking the cases to shine a light on these crimes - look at the circumstances of the latest one - a pregnant newlywed 😓

It’s naive at best to think it’s rare occurrence
Ah, that sad case is local to me. Was it her husband? Or another family member (I'm wondering about 'honour' killing.)

Reactions: 2
@Superdude

"I feel Dan could have murdered Esther under much easier circumstances, if he was really so inclined."

Easier ways yes. Except she wasn't coming home... kept postponing... 3 days became a month. That would enrage such a weak insecure control freak.

A calculated murder or spur of the moment? Who knows.

• Haha
Okay, so let's look at this list.

If you hike regularly, you will see SAR in action sooner or later. It happens. People go missing and have accidents in the mountains a lot.

It is ABSOLUTELY INSANE that people think she meant this literally. She was looking towards France. He was in France. It's not unusual or mysterious, it's normal to say, "teehee I can see you from here!" I've sent similar messages to friends in Mallorca when hiking. This did not lead them to swim to the peninsula and murder me.

This is particularly clear when she did this TWICE - once on social media, once in a Whatsapp message. We can be certain that the first time she was NOT literally able to see him, which indicates that using "I can see you" to mean looking from a distance in your general direction was something she did.

Irrelevant.

In fact, if you were going to hatch a cunning plan to acquire transport from...somewhere, sneak across France under lockdown, speedwalk up a mountain, murder your partner, speedwalk back down and sneak back to your previous location, you'd probably NOT want to draw the attention of the media in advance, right?

Because he thought she was on a 3-day hike.

This is not the smoking gun people think it is. Innocent people fearing the worst also use the past tense.

This is an oxymoron - either he was searching alone or he was leading SAR on a wild goose chase, but both cannot be true.

a) They're a charity, not a PR firm. They're not "controlling the narrative" (this thread's favourite phrase).

b) The claim that they were on a break comes from a single source, Laura Adomaityte. It could be true - or it could have been lost in translation; between English and Spanish, it is easy to mistake "we're [physically] apart, and I don't know when I'm [physically] going back to him" (true at the time) and "we're [emotionally] apart, and I don't know when I'm [emotionally] going back to him".

In contrast to Laura Adomaityte's statement, we have the words of Esther's aunt, speaking on behalf of her father, who said Esther had phoned her dad to tell him she would soon be going home to Dan; we have the words of Esther's long-term close friend Phil Ash, who said she told him the same; we have Esther's own social media posts, thanking Dan for helping her become more confident and imagining him alongside her; we have a selection of Esther's Whatsapp messages to Dan, full of "love you" and "xx". Notably, these were all AFTER her conversation with Laura Adomaityte.

NO OTHER WITNESS has said they had broken up. All witnesses report that she was happy and in good spirits.

Deliberately placed...by an animal or snowmelt. Not remotely unusual in the mountains.

Dan found her body because he was looking for it. The SAR operation happened in winter; realistically, it was not going to involve combing every centimetre of the area, due to weather conditions and the sad fact that if you have an accident alone in the Pyrenees in winter, you will die quickly. SAR focus their efforts on the living.

Dan continued to search the mountains for months. Nobody else was searching at that time.

Maybe she stashed them somewhere, deciding she didn't need them and wanted to lighten her load. Maybe they were dislodged when she fell or after she died. Those tents fold up very small. Could be wedged down the side of a rock, in a crevasse, etc.

...for a charity. In memory of Esther. A charity she had previously raised funds for. How the duck is this considered a red flag?

Finally, as for the much-discussed quote about hatred and loathing...it was in the context of telling a story that ran, essentially, "we were stressed and miserable, and then we bought a camper van and became happy and fell in love with each other again."

I get that this thread is just endless searching for examples of confirmation bias to support your pet theory, but come on.

As soon as I heard she’d set off on her walk late afternoon in Winter I was convinced it was a tragic accident and nothing more. It seemed a reckless thing to do and she sounds to have been under prepared on numerous occasions

Reactions: 6
We know from Mr. Colegate that the claims of a bad signal were often not true because he was surprised when he got up there that there was in fact no problem most of the time.
No thats not true. Spanish side had bad signal. French side had good signal below refuge de venasque but she hadn't been there yet. Maybe she never got there.

Reactions: 2
No thats not true. Spanish side had bad signal. French side had good signal below refuge de venasque but she hadn't been there yet. Maybe she never got there.
Mr. Colegate DID say he was surprised how good the signal generally was, it confused him greatly because it wouldn't occur to a narcissist that she wanted time without him bothering her. Please cite the source of your claim that where she was had universally bad signal because I don't think that's right.

Reactions: 3
Mr. Colegate DID say he was surprised how good the signal generally was,
No he didnt he said good signal on FRENCH side below refuge de venasque, but no signal from caban besurtas to below refuge de venasque except on the peak de sauvegard. Read the dossier.
it confused him greatly because it wouldn't occur to a narcissist that she wanted time without him bothering her. Please cite the source of your claim that where she was had universally bad signal because I don't think that's right.
no signal from caban besurtas to below venasque except on the peak. read the dossier. No evidence she ever entered the good signal zone below venasque. Please cite the source of your claim that it confused him greatly because it wouldn't occur to a narcissist that she wanted time without him bothering her.

dossier:

" Spends the night alone at Cabana de la Besurtas on the Spanish side (Esther had no phone signal once she left the peak, but she confirmed this the following day when she returned to Pic de Sauvegarde). "
"After leaving the peak, there is no mobile phone signal anywhere on this part of Esther’s route towards Refuge de Venasque. "
" Note: Although Esther believed and had warned family that there was poor signal in the area, in fact the signal is very good on the French side. Within half an hour of leaving the refuge, Esther should have been able to use her phone for most of the rest of the day. "
" No trace of Esther was found in the relatively small area without a phone signal. Although Esther believed and told family that signal was poor in the area (based on the coverage on the Spanish side of Pic de Sauvegarde where she had spent most of Saturday and Sunday), the region Esther planned to enter in France has quite good mobile coverage. "

I still don’t think DC murdered her, but I think she died via suicide and he knew or at least suspected where she would be, but kept it to himself for whatever reason, and then led the search and rescue people on a bit of a wild goose chase. I feel for him as it must have been hard to know someone had chosen to leave you in the most permanent way possible so this may explain his odd behaviour. I know previous posters have scoffed at the idea of him manically trying to ‘control the narrative’ but that’s exactly what he has been doing since she disappeared. However that doesn’t mean he is guilty of murdering her, more likely desperately trying to protect their brand and his future - I’m sure we will see another self published book and perhaps a collection of poetry about the tragedy, which people might not be interested in if it was known that the relationship was possibly on the rocks.

Reactions: 7