Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was "for you and your kinG" for way too long when I used to hear/sing We Wish You A Merry Christmas. :oops:
My then 5yo granddaughter taught it me it was Kin and not King I had been singing it wrong for over 50 years.

Reactions: 3
My other half will not believe that the lyrics are

“I’m blue, da ba dee da ba die”

he is absolutely adamant they are

“I’m blue, if I was green I would die”

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Destiny's Child Jumpin' Jumpin'

I misheard it as:

Ladies leave your man at home
'cos the place is jumpin'
and your crack is full of groan

I remember thinking, whoa steady on!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thin lizzy- whisky in the jar
First time I heard it I thought he was singing there's whisky and my giro

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Eminem's without me I always sing 'this looks like on top of me' :ROFLMAO: when it is actually 'this looks like a job for me'

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The song need you now by lady A when she signs " said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control and I need you now" I thought was " said I wouldn't call, but I've the control and I need you now" I felt heard! Lol

My son is 8 and is convinced Nirvana's smells like teen spirits is about potatoes! He sings "here we are now, entertain us, I fell stupid i love potatoes"

• Haha
My husband thinks Bob Marley ‘No woman no cry’ is ‘No woman no child’. Makes me laugh every time I mean... the clues in the name of the song right?!

• Haha
Ashanti foolish I sing 'see my days are gone without you' when its 'see my days are COLD without you'. 🤭

Reactions: 1
First time I heard Madonna's song Erotica, I thought she was singing 'Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body', instead of 'Erotic, Erotic, put your hands all over my body'.

My version is just wrong.
Like this, you mean?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Annie Lennox “Why”, I thought she was saying… “these are the joys of salmon spread”. It is nice to be fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Shania Twain - That Dont Impress Me Much

‘I can’t believe you kiss your cock at night’ 🐓

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Going back a bit but in "What's the Frequency Kenneth?" by REM, I always thought he was singing "you thought that ironing was the shackles of youth". It's actually "irony".

Also in "Live Your Life" by T.I. and Rihanna, she sings "Live your life, aint got no time for no hedgehogs (haters)...live your life, cos I'm a big butt-kisser (paper-chaser)".

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My boyfriend thought the lyrics to spice girls spice up your life when they sing “Hai Si Ja Hold tight” was “taxi ride, hold tight”. So I googled it to show him and he said me and google where wrong! 🙄😣😑 don’t think so pal, I grew up singing that song.

• Haha
Reactions: 5