Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also had a friend who was always mishearing lyrics.

The Corrs “go on leave me breathless” she would sing “go on leave me Bradley”.

Also Alice Cooper/Groove Coverage Poison - “you’re poison, you’re poising running through my veins” she’d sing “wild horses, wild horses running through my veins”

One of my own was Billie Jean, “Billie Jean is not my lover” I thought was ‘Billie Jean knocks at my door’, I’m sure he’s doing the impression of a door-knock, or maybe it’s a foot-stomp on that light up pavement as he sings those lyrics which I thought kinda backed my version up but i could be mistaken.
OMG I cannot stop laughing 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I recently found out that Michael Jackson’s ‘somebody’s watching me’ does not have the lyrics “I’m on a speedboat, somebody’s watching me” and is in fact “I always feel like somebody’s watching me”

My version doesn’t make much sense when I think about it 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Kelly clarkson Christmas song - underneath the tree
‘Your here, under the tree, snow is falling with a capital C’
It’s actually ‘snow is falling as the carolers sing’ - I still can’t hear her saying the right words 😂😂
Omg I've heard this recently and thought it was "snow is falling in the capital city" 🤣

• Haha
Don’t go Jason waterfalls 😂 is what I’ve always said but according to the husband it’s chasing waterfalls

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s actually ‘snow is falling as the carolers sing’ - I still can’t hear her saying the right words 😂😂
I thought it was capital C too!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
In Jess Glynne's All I Am, I always sing "Sure the freckles on my arse spell out your name"
I know it's arm but it sounds so much like she is saying arse 😂

As a kid I just used to sing nonsense when I couldn't figure out the words. Does anyone remember the Coco Pops advert song, "I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops!" - 4 year old me used to just sing "Harava have a bowl of Coco Pops!"

Someone mentioned it up-thread and I saw the episode today, it was Phoebe in Friends who thought Tiny Dancer was "Hold me close young Tony Danza" 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Wham's Last Christmas:

I thought the first line was "a facetime lover" 🤣

"A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover but you tore me apart
Ooh, ooh, now I've found a real love
You'll never fool me again"

Oldie I know, but I've only really started paying attention to lyrics recently and clearly got this one wrong lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
David Bowie's Let's Dance sounds like he's singing 'LES DENNIS' 🤣
I can never see Les Dennis without thinking that his wife shagged Bob the Builder behind his back. My husband, for some explicable reason fancies the arse off Amanda Holden. He was shocked. Apparently he never knew. He thinks he might be in with a chance now 😂

• Haha

My Friend pointed this out to me last year and ruined the song for me 😂 😂

I heard this on the radio yesterday and thought of what you said. :giggle:

• Haha
Oldie but a goodie. “There it is” by Shalimar.... Ferret Ears....😂
Go on sing it, you wont ever sing “ There it is” again!!!

I havent read the whole thread yet so this might have been mentioned already. This is sort of misheard lyrics but with a bit of language barrier.

Reebok or the Nike

A radio caller rang up with a song request and it took the DJs a while to work out the song from the callers description.

• Haha
Two JLO ones for me

“Dance the night away, Live your life and stay young on the floor” I didn’t know until recently it was Young I thought the song was “Dance the night away, Live your life and stay OUT on the floor”

and, I’m Real which is at the very beggining of the song. I thought she was saying “are you Ellie?” again recently found out it’s “R U L E” for Ja Rule hahahah!

• Haha
  • Heart
For the past 22 years i’ve gotten a lyric to ‘When i grow up - Pussy Cat Dolls’ wrong. It blew my mind.
i always thought it was “when i grow up, i want to be famous, i want to be a star, i want to have boobies” BUT ITS NOT. ITS GROUPIES.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
For the past 22 years i’ve gotten a lyric to ‘When i grow up - Pussy Cat Dolls’ wrong. It blew my mind.
i always thought it was “when i grow up, i want to be famous, i want to be a star, i want to have boobies” BUT ITS NOT. ITS GROUPIES.
I thought it was that too. I only found out that it wasn’t last year.

I legit thought it was "I wanna be in movies" 😲

Reactions: 5
I still think Alanis Morrissette is talking about a 'cross-eyed bear' instead of the 'cross I bear' 🐻
Stormzy is 72 years old is actually singing 'You came and saved me' and not 'a gay man saved me' :LOL:
And the song Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris and Florence and the Machine isn't about sexy elephants 🐘 :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of misheard lyrics, remember Ken Lee?

• Haha
Reactions: 4