Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always sing ‘smoother than a fresh shaved kitty’ whenever I hear Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (it’s meant to be Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy), don’t know why 😂
I used to sing 'Girls hit you hallelujah' and its 'girls say to ya hallelujah'

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My boyfriend is the best when it comes to mishearing lyrics

He thought Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall was called “VIP”

Reactions: 1
On the Spice Girls' Wannabe there's a couplet that goes "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends, Naked lust forever, friendship never ends"

I was most disappointed when I found out that the official lyric is actually "Make it last forever".

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's not even misheard, but what the duck is 'you gotta get with my friends'? Is this some sort of polyamorous coven the song's recipient is being invited to join?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Showing my age but Cliff Richard ‘wired for sound’ I thought it was ‘I like tall people I like small people’
Thought he was just being inclusive. It’s actually speakers..not people. Wondered my my other half used to cry laughing when I sang it

Britney Spears' song Toxic with the line " You're toxic, I'm slippin' under ". I misheard it to read Your toxic c*nts slipping under.

There's another song this time Ciao Adios by Anne - Marie the lyric "Ciao adios, I'm done" thought it was "Stable the horse im done".
Oh the Britney 1. I’ve just realised I’ve been singing it wrong. I thought it was ‘toxic gums slipping under’. Never made sense but just went with it. Oops

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Showing my age but Cliff Richard ‘wired for sound’ I thought it was ‘I like tall people I like small people’
Thought he was just being inclusive. It’s actually speakers..not people. Wondered my my other half used to cry laughing when I sang it

Oh the Britney 1. I’ve just realised I’ve been singing it wrong. I thought it was ‘toxic gums slipping under’. Never made sense but just went with it. Oops
My mum is a massive Cliff fan so I grew up loving his music. I used to repeatedly watch the Some People video. That had Wired for Sound on it amongst others. I used to mangle so many lyrics. For years I though the words to Carrie were "the young wear their freedom like keepers fuel" rather than cheap perfume as it really is. It doesn't even make sense!

As a vaguely amusing aside I once sang Saviours Day at some talent thing that was tagged on the end of a pantomime. I'm tone deaf so I didn't win. Pretty sure I nailed the lyrics though 👌😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Bootylicious....

Got ya shook up and scared of me... for years I thought it was looks like ur tit fuckin scared of me

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On the Spice Girls' Wannabe there's a couplet that goes "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends, Naked lust forever, friendship never ends"

I was most disappointed when I found out that the official lyric is actually "Make it last forever".
I thought it was ' men can't last forever '

• Haha
My mum is the queen of misheard lyrics, she used to sing 'we found love in an open space' when it's actually 'we found love in a hopeless place' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always thought Elton John was singing 'step into Christmas and be a Christmas tree' only realised last year its the admission is free 😂.

I also used to sing 'we found love in a hope & pray'. I'm sure I used to actually know the words but my grandad then thought they were the words so I just kept on.

Britney's toxic when I first heard it I thought it was 'taste of your dogs sick all around, your dog tit is slipping under'. Grim 😂

• Haha
Genesis - Invisible Touch.

Instead of "she seems to have an invisible touch yeah..." I thought it was"she seems to have a physical poptart" 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Burn the house down - AJR

It starts with: used to keep it cool

My son sang: You sticky pickle :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Jason Deluro song ‘want to want me’ I always think he sings ‘I’ve got the shits on the floor’

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I swear to God that Taylor Swift says "Starbucks Lovers" in Blank Space, whatever the official lyrics suggest!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Kenny Rogers-Lucille

I thought the line was '400 children and a crop in the fields ' when it's really 4 hungry children.
I thought they were running an orphanage........??

• Haha
Reactions: 6