Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don Henley's boy's of summer I used to think it was your bra strap's shining in the sun (your brown skins shining ...)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When my sister was little, she was practising singing away in a manger for school, and she thought the words were the little malteser, not
the little Lord Jesus šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 14
First time I heard Madonna's song Erotica, I thought she was singing 'Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body', instead of 'Erotic, Erotic, put your hands all over my body'.

My version is just wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The titanic theme song-and the hot dogs will go onā€¦

I remember phoning my sister in law to ask why ā€˜that katy Perry keeps banging on about cherry chopsticksā€™ (I kissed a girl)

cherry CHAPSTICK!

my daughter (aged 7 at the time) singing along to ā€˜roarā€™

ā€™ive got the arse of a tiger!your gonna hear me roooaaarrr!ā€™

I was too busy laughing-I couldnā€™t tell her off for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The titanic theme song-and the hot dogs will go onā€¦

I remember phoning my sister in law to ask why ā€˜that katy Perry keeps banging on about cherry chopsticksā€™ (I kissed a girl)

cherry CHAPSTICK!

my daughter (aged 7 at the time) singing along to ā€˜roarā€™

ā€™ive got the arse of a tiger!your gonna hear me roooaaarrr!ā€™

I was too busy laughing-I couldnā€™t tell her off for that!
Arse of a tiger šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ absolutely brilliant šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My son

queen ā€˜we will rock youā€™

he always sings it as

ā€˜we will,we will rock you!
look at you all over your face,you big disgrace
wanging your willy all over the place!ā€™

kills me everytime

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I just realised tonight that Jason Derulos song is called "Savage Love" when I thought it was "Selfish Love".

Not funny, but thought I'd share anyways xx

Reactions: 5
Its raining men
I'm convinced she sings :- Sheep for every angel and rearranged the sky so that each and every woman could find the perfect guy

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There's so many ive got wrong over the years, but the one that springs to mind is 'up on the roof' by Robson and jerome, I always thought was upbongaroo....I still sing it like that now, I just cant help it šŸ˜‚
One of their songs i believe i thought was the song for the back pain cream i bulieve i always think of the cream when they sing that one šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
One of their songs i believe i thought was the song for the back pain cream i bulieve i always think of the cream when they sing that one šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I was playing I Believe a lot last week as I recalled the ibulieve advert from when I was around 18 and we would sing that in the taxi home after a good night out ā€œevery time I hear a newborn baby cry, or touch a leaf...ā€

Reactions: 1
My daughter sings "I'm in America" instead of "I need a miracle".

I'm definitely going to sing her version forever šŸ¤©

• Haha
Hospital Beds by Cold War Kids. Always thought it was ā€œwe are not fish and chipsā€ until my brother corrected me. Itā€™s actually ā€œVietnam fishing tripsā€ šŸ˜‚

That Alesha Dixon song ā€œthe boy does nothingā€

An old work colleague of mine was convinced it was ā€œIā€™m from Russiaā€ instead of ā€œdoes he wash upā€ šŸ˜­

• Haha
Britney Spears' song Toxic with the line " You're toxic, I'm slippin' under ". I misheard it to read Your toxic c*nts slipping under.

There's another song this time Ciao Adios by Anne - Marie the lyric "Ciao adios, I'm done" thought it was "Stable the horse im done".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
My bf thinks Jess Glynes no make up on Thursdays (I donā€™t know the official title) where she says Cos Who I am is enough he thinks
She says I can never get it up šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I always sing ā€˜smoother than a fresh shaved kittyā€™ whenever I hear Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (itā€™s meant to be Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy), donā€™t know why šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My brothers version of jailhouse rock (this was the 80ā€™s)

went to a party in a county jail
caught my knackers on a rusty nail
when I got home,I got one hell of a shock
two dead balls and a paralysed cock

yeah,letā€™s rock!

my parents allowed this!not a chance in hell will mine ever hear this!

• Haha
I always sing ā€˜smoother than a fresh shaved kittyā€™ whenever I hear Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (itā€™s meant to be Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy), donā€™t know why šŸ˜‚
I always hear it as "them good girls, straight masturbating"

• Haha
Reactions: 7