Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sacrifice by Elton John. My sister and I both thought the lyrics were 'cocoa hot, was done by you'. Its actually 'cold cold heart, hard done by you'.

We just thought he was reminiscing about the time he used to get hot cocoa made for him. We both found out at the exact same time only last year that we'd been singing it wrong all these years.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
There's so many ive got wrong over the years, but the one that springs to mind is 'up on the roof' by Robson and jerome, I always thought was upbongaroo....I still sing it like that now, I just cant help it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There's so many ive got wrong over the years, but the one that springs to mind is 'up on the roof' by Robson and jerome, I always thought was upbongaroo....I still sing it like that now, I just cant help it 😂
Sounds like the name of a town in the Australian Outback 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I thought Another One Bites the Dust was another one fights (and sometimes bites) the duck...🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Michael Bubles Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas I used to sing 'take a look at the firemans hand' instead of 'take a look at the five and ten'.
Okay this one made me laugh out loud, take a look at the fireman’s hand hahahahahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Only fools and horses theme - I thought it was 'we've got some half price crap ties ' but it's cracked ice when I read the lyrics the YouTube comments are full of people saying how they had been getting the words wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The Kooks "Naive" was always sang
as "I know, she knows, i'm not from
Alaska" - turns out it was "I know, she knows,
i'm not fond of asking!" which makes a lot
more sense!
I used to say ''I'm not from the buskin!'' hahaha no idea what that would even mean?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Charlie Puth - Attention

I thought it said: You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that TURTLE ON MY KNEE. :ROFLMAO:

We listened to Eminem in the car once and my son said: why does he sing 'poke me in the eyeball':ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A few years back there was a very popular song which was constantly being played on the radio.
I was minding my friend's little boy one night (he was 3 at the time) and he kept asking me to 'put on the dragon song'
I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.
A phone call to his Mum revealed the song to be Maroon 5 'Moves like Jagger', and not 'Move that dragon'.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Thong Song by Sisqo. There’s a part where he sings “I like it when the beat goes...” and I always thought he was saying “I like your little billy goat.” 😂 fs. I still sing it like that.
hahaha oh no I thought it was ‘I like it when your booty go’ so I had that one wrong too!!

• Haha
hahaha oh no I thought it was ‘I like it when your booty go’ so I had that one wrong too!!
What, it’s not?! I’ve also just asked my other half what he thinks the lyrics are and he said the same 😂😂🍑

• Haha
I used to sing, I leaky bum bum now 🤣😂 when it was A licky boom boom down, And my brother thought it was A farmer 😂 not Informer

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My dad used to think Madonna’s Isla Bonita had lyric “young girl with eyes like pooooootaaaaaatoes”

😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My mum used to think the lyric to Bohemian Rhapsody was, “spare him his life from these pork sausages!” 😂

I also used to think Celine Dion sang “the hot dogs go on and on.” 🌭 🚢

• Haha
Kylie - can’t get you out of my head, “there’s a dark secret in me”

I thought it was “there’s a dog, see red in me”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not mine, but this girl on tik tok was singing “Rockwell - Somebody’s watching me” and she sang it “I’m on a speedboat, somebody’s watching me” 🚤🛥🚤

Instead of “I always feel like, somebody’s watching me” and whenever I listen to it I can’t stop hearing it how she said it 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Some of these are pure gold. I’ll be singing them your way every time I hear them now. 🤣

• Haha
My dad used to think Madonna’s Isla Bonita had lyric “young girl with eyes like pooooootaaaaaatoes”

😂😂
hahaha I think I had most of the lyrics wrong to this song when I was younger!! Instead of ‘this is where I long to be, La Isla Bonita’ I used to sing ‘this is where I long to be, la is la for meee taaaaa’

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There’s a song on a mobile phone ad, not sure what it’s called but the line in it is “a little funky sun” and the first few times I heard it I thought it was saying “a little bleeping Sun” and was quite shocked that they allowed that line to be used on an advert.
YES!! The line goes something like: "lighting up the [something] with a little funk and soul" and all I hear is "a little bleeping soul' LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 3